GDT: Boston @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 1-15-2016

WildCard

I'm unhappy about Pysyk but I do understand it a little. Boston is extremely physical, so Weber actually fits in well for tonight's game. Also, he may just not want to start two different guys who are coming off month+ injuries.

They were extremely physical, I don't think they are anymore. This is not the Boston of 4 years ago

The Bruins have one the best cheap shot artists in the league.  Physical or not everyone is at risk of a season ending injury from that guy.

I love any loss by the Bruins. But if the Sabres can just blow them up it will make the booze taste that much better tonight.

DD pregame:

- Likes our 6 defense in the last 2 games

- Pysyk is completely healthy

- Defense is game-time decision (but really though, it's not)

- Pysyk will not have to wait for a loss to play

- Weber: Solid, hard to play against, physical. Better at moving the puck for us, worked his way onto pk

- Wanted Risto to play more physical, so Risto did. Means he's coachable

- Larsson: hard to play against, physical, play with an edge. Best 3 games of the year these last games. His line is the shutdown line

- Marcus: too much east-west, needs to be north-south. 

- Last Bruins' Game: Sloppy, 3rd period we became the aggressor; better forecheck, bringing it the net, highly emphasizes forecheck

- Lehner: Starts tonight instead of tomorrow because Chad played well against Washington last game. Chad will definitely start tomorrow

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1573&id=928973&cmpid=sm-tw-video

Edited by WildCard

DD pregame:

- Weber: Solid, hard to play against, physical. Better at moving the puck for us, worked his way onto pk

- Larsson: hard to play against, physical, play with an edge. Best 3 games of the year these last games. His line is the shutdown line

- Last Bruins' Game: Sloppy, 3rd period we became the aggressor; better forecheck, bringing it the net, highly emphasizes forecheck

- Lehner: Starts tonight instead of tomorrow because Chad played well against Washington last game. Chad will definitely start tomorrow

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1573&id=928973&cmpid=sm-tw-video

Your are really taking a run at 26cb's legacy.  Keep it up.

Lehner starts tonight.  Let's strap in and see how this ride goes.  Hopefully longer than ten minutes...

Nope.  In the first 5 seconds of his press conference he says some guy named Robin Leonard is starting..... must be a waiver pickup we haven't heard about yet. 

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=928973&catid=1573

So are the people who were upset that Ullmark got sent down happy that Pysyk isn't playing because it won't disrupt the winning streak?

yes

Edited by pi2000

That's fine. The problem is (if it's a problem)... who are we those guys to? Whom are we those guys to? To whom are we those guys?

Hmm. Maybe no one. 

It depends, though, I guess. There are probably certain cohorts of Flyer fans who might take particular joy in knocking the snot out of the Sabres. The Sabres gave the Flyers a pretty nasty ride there for a stretch of time. But I guess it's been a fairly even give and take.

Maybe we need the Whalers and Nordiques back in the mix.

DD pregame:

I just don't agree with that approach.

I just don't agree with that approach.

Agree entirely. How can DD state that Pysyk's presence results in superior possession numbers and then sit him? This is nothing more than a coach waiting until we lose again to make a change. Too clever by half.

Or something like that.

GO SABRES!!!

DD pregame:

...he'll just have to wait for a trade.

...he'll just have to wait for a trade.

Quite possible. IF it happens would hope he's part of a package, getting something even better than what it is he appears to be/ will be would be awesome. (Not advocating for trading him, but he's a good young player & I'd expect to get something very useful back if he is traded.)

Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717  56s

7 defensemen are dressed for warmup including Pysyk. Gustavsson in goal for Boston.

Gustavsson had such a bright future when he signed for Toronto, and then his heartcondition became a problem. Happy for him to still be in the game.

Lehner vs Gustavsson

May Lehner be the swede that prevails!

Thanks Modo, I'm just glad people enjoy them! :beer:

Well, i'm just glad you are you! :)

Hey you two.... get a room!  :wub:

(Yeah, I like your GDT posts, too.  :thumbsup: )

Free Mark Pysyk!!!!!!!

Or at least Mark him down a little.

Edited by The Big Johnson

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.