GDT: Washington @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm ET, 12/29/2015

spndnchz

Capitals lines:

8-Alex Ovechkin             19-Nicklas Backstrom       77-TJ Oshie

90-Marcus Johansson    92-Evgeny Kuznetsov       14-Justin Williams

25-Jason Chimera           83-Jason Beagle                 43-Tom Wilson

21-Brooks Laich              46-Michael Latta                65-Andre Burakovsky

This lineup makes no sense.  I mean, why isn't Tom Wilson's first name Jason?

I don't know how much folks have watched the Caps this season..  Sure you have the usual suspects Ovie, Oshie and Backstrom.  The guy that strikes me as the one to watch tonight is Wilson.  He plays with an edge.  He could easily rile a guy like Kane and he would certainly not hesitate to pop Eichel.  He will be in a fight before the nights out.  Betting Foligno (if he plays) or Deslauriers

I don't know how much folks have watched the Caps this season.. Sure you have the usual suspects Ovie, Oshie and Backstrom. The guy that strikes me as the one to watch tonight is Wilson. He plays with an edge. He could easily rile a guy like Kane and he would certainly not hesitate to pop Eichel. He will be in a fight before the nights out. Betting Foligno (if he plays) or Deslauriers

I saw Wilson last year a ton, my buddy is a Caps fan. Fell in love with his style after his 1st shift. Made for the playoffs

Last night marked the start of Evander Kane's upcoming 26 game point streak

Edited by WildCard

Tom Wilson is hard to play against and is a real prick. Never been too impressed with his game outside of that, though.

I didn't point him out for his scoring prowess.  He is a major PITA to play against and he could get under the skin of a few guys.  He is second in the league with 86 PIMs.

Buzzsaw

I don't know how much folks have watched the Caps this season.. Sure you have the usual suspects Ovie, Oshie and Backstrom. The guy that strikes me as the one to watch tonight is Wilson. He plays with an edge. He could easily rile a guy like Kane and he would certainly not hesitate to pop Eichel. He will be in a fight before the nights out. Betting Foligno (if he plays) or Deslauriers

Didn't Foligno take a poke last year? Wilson is a tough competitor and a real SOB, he won't quit coming I hope someone puts him in his place

He also gets more reputation calls against him than just about every other player. Not saying he hasn't made some dirty plays, but his reputation far supersedes his game. 

I agree with this..  He gets some reputation PIMs

Well, I've never heard of Nate Schmidt, who appears to be a top-pairing defenseman on the #1 team in the EC, so I did a bit of google on him.  He was undrafted, played 3 years of NCAA hockey, bounced back and forth from the Caps to the AHL for 3 years, and is in his first full NHL season.  Doesn't score much and is on the small side at 6'0, 191 lbs.  And yet there he is, playing a big role on a good team. 

Well, I've never heard of Nate Schmidt, who appears to be a top-pairing defenseman on the #1 team in the EC, so I did a bit of google on him. He was undrafted, played 3 years of NCAA hockey, bounced back and forth from the Caps to the AHL for 3 years, and is in his first full NHL season. Doesn't score much and is on the small side at 6'0, 191 lbs. And yet there he is, playing a big role on a good team.

Food for thought, innit?

Well, I've never heard of Nate Schmidt, who appears to be a top-pairing defenseman on the #1 team in the EC, so I did a bit of google on him. He was undrafted, played 3 years of NCAA hockey, bounced back and forth from the Caps to the AHL for 3 years, and is in his first full NHL season. Doesn't score much and is on the small side at 6'0, 191 lbs. And yet there he is, playing a big role on a good team.

Good call. I am only familiar with Niskanen and Carlson, so I'm very interested in watching their D corps tonight.

Well, I've never heard of Nate Schmidt, who appears to be a top-pairing defenseman on the #1 team in the EC, so I did a bit of google on him.  He was undrafted, played 3 years of NCAA hockey, bounced back and forth from the Caps to the AHL for 3 years, and is in his first full NHL season.  Doesn't score much and is on the small side at 6'0, 191 lbs.  And yet there he is, playing a big role on a good team. 

Food for thought, innit?

I think it says more about Carlson than it does the dude nobody has ever heard of. It seems to me there's two methods of utilizing an elite defenseman: either you pair him with your second best defender and play them huge minutes (Keith-Seabrook, Josi-Weber, etc), or you let the elite guy drag around a lesser defenseman and have a higher quality second pairing (I'm lookin' at you, Doughty-McNabb).

Are Keith and Seabrooke paired together?

For as long as I can remember, yes. I think Quenneville may have shaken it up this year though due to Oduya's departure and their seeming inability to replace him next to Hjalmarsson.

Edit: Just looked it up and yea, it looks like Keith and Hjalmarsson have been together this year mostly. But the previous four seasons Keith has had like 4x the time with Seabrook that he's had with Hjalmarsson.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Are Keith and Seabrooke paired together?

Seabrook has been playing almost equal time with Svedberg, Van Riemsdyk, and Hjalmarsson this year. I don't remember the pairings during the playoffs last year, I just remember seeing a lot of Hjalmarsson, Keith, and Seabrook. Edited by qwksndmonster

I swear I saw them on different pairings in the playoffs last year, but maybe that was just for the Cup run?

For some reason the playoff splits aren't loading properly, but you're probably right--Keith averaged 31 minutes of ice time and both Seabrook and Hjalmarrson were at 26, while Oduya was just under 25. So it seems pretty clear that Keith would have had to have spent a good chunk of time away from Seabrook for the playoff run. And see the edit on my previous post: Keith and Seabrook have mostly been on different pairings this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.