Trade Suggestion: Johansen Traded to Preds for Seth Jones

wjag

And people think we have too many top line centers now.

Absolutely. As good as the Finns are, Matthews was NHL ready last year and is as close to a sure thing as you can get. The only benefit to Laine and Pool-Party is a few inches and later birthdays. 

I'd be really worried about going into an Edmonspiral if the Sabres picked another talented center this year.

I'd be really worried about going into an Edmonspiral if the Sabres picked another talented center this year.

The first time Edmonton drafted a player near the caliber of Eichel or Matthews as prospects was last year when they got McDavid. We'd have two of them.

Getting Matthews opens up plenty of possibilities, the main being dealing Reinhart for an elite young defender.

The first time Edmonton drafted a player near the caliber of Eichel or Matthews as prospects was last year when they got McDavid. We'd have two of them.

Getting Matthews opens up plenty of possibilities, the main being dealing Reinhart for an elite young defender.

Or and just hear me out...

ROR - Eichel - Player

Matthews - Reinhart - Veteran

ROR - Eichel - Player

Also possible, but if we keep Reinhart around I'm keeping him as a RW. Matthews and Eichel are absolutely elite talents that you want dominating the puck when they're on the ice.

ROR - Eichel - Player

I'm not cheering for losses and it's important for this team to start winning.  But , that top 6 looks.....unreal if that's what we had going forward.

I'm not cheering for losses and it's important for this team to start winning.  But ######, that top 6 looks.....unreal if that's what we had going forward.

You don't have to cheer for losses, 14th still has a 1% chance and we're owed one...:beer:

Mathews - ROR - Reinhart

Moulson/Kane/Ennis/ Zemgus? - Eichel - Fasching?

Eh I like your first guess better. Jack will never be a stud in his own zone, and I doubt Matthews will be either. Split ROR and Reinhart up to give the offensive stallions some rustlers 

Eh I like your first guess better. Jack will never be a stud in his own zone, and I doubt Matthews will be either. Split ROR and Reinhart up to give the offensive stallions some rustlers 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/scouts-compare-top-prospect-auston-matthews-to-kopitar-and-toews-220346354.htmlYahoo article on the two-way game of Matthews. Sounds like he's got more in common with ROR than Jack when it comes to his own zone.

I think Jack will be better than average defensively. He may even be good.

But he needs to play like ROR for that to happen. In the 1st period last night he picked off a pass and got a good chance against Lu. He got hooked, and instead of hounding after the puck behind the net (which was quite close to him), he turned away and whined to the ref.

The tools are there. I've never seen anybody so effective at lifting sticks on the backcheck.

His speed and stick length will allow him to back check like a demon, but once the puck is in our zone I never expect him to resemble Bergeron/Toews/Kopitar--I just don't see the natural play tracking and stick work in lanes. If he reaches okay status I'll be happy.

Eh, how many elite offensive centers are great defensively?

Pretty much this. That and the little I've read on Matthews on hfboards. They may both be good or even above average in their zone, but I'm no expecting Bergeron, ROR, or Toews. Bottom line is I don't want them focusing on that, and spending their time behind the play

and in their own zone

Edited by WildCard