GDT: New Jersey @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm ET, 12/15/2015

Doohickie

ackbar.jpg

This could be a trap in more than one way.  After beating quality opponents the last two games, will the Sabres let up against the New Jersey Devils, a team barely in playoff position?  Will the Devils use their famous trap defense to limit our scoring chances?  Will Admiral Ackbar warn the Sabres just in a nick of time?

The Sabres look to extend a budding win streak by exorcising the Devils at the FnC.  A climb back toward a wildcard spot can only happen if the Sabres take care of business with every win they can get.  The Devils, meanwhile, will try to bounce back from their second shutout of the season Sunday night against the Isles.

Against the Red Wings the Sabres found the Swede that we needed when Johan Larsson scored the winning goal late in the 3rd period.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the other Swede that we need, Linus Ullmark, will get the start on the second half of a back-to-back.

Game Preview

STATS:
All Stats New Jersey @ Buffalo, 1st meeting, 4-3 loss

All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart

PROJECTED LINEUP

FORWARDS:
88 Jamie McGinn – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart
9 Evander Kane – 15 Jack Eichel – 26 Matt Moulson
28 Zemgus Girgensons – 22 Johan Larsson – 12 Brian Gionta
44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 82 Marcus Foligno

DEFENSE:

4 Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
29 Jake McCabe – 47 Zach Bogosian
6 Mike Weber – 46 Cody Franson

HEROES:

31 Chad Johnson
35 Linus Ullmark

494116028_slide.jpg

Sabres beat LA and Detroit. Something to be happy about, but they only scored 4 goals. A positive is they only gave up 2 goals. To continue winning the goal scoring has to go up. Hoping Eichel has a big game tonight. He's looked a little shaky lately. 

Edited by Thanes16

So just wanted to toss this out there... see what the reactions were. What about moving Eichel to #1 RW for say 5 games and Reinhart to #2 Center for 5 games just to help get Jack going and give him some confidence?

I wouldn't have a problem with that.  Samson seems very steady these days so I don't see it affecting him adversely.  I also don't mind letting Jack work through it at center either.

ackbar.jpg

This could be a trap in more than one way.  After beating quality opponents the last two games, will the Sabres let up against the New Jersey Devils, a team barely in playoff position?  Will the Devils use their famous trap defense to limit our scoring chances?  Will Admiral Ackbar warn the Sabres just in a nick of time?

Pilot in the Y-wing: "Yeah, old "It's a trap" Akbar is at it again."

The Sabres look to extend a budding win streak by exorcising the Devils at the FnC.  A climb back toward a wildcard spot can only happen if the Sabres take care of business with every win they can get.  The Devils, meanwhile, will try to bounce back from their second shutout of the season Sunday night against the Isles.

Against the Red Wings the Sabres found the Swede that we needed when Johan Larsson scored the winning goal late in the 3rd period.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the other Swede that we need, Linus Ullmark, will get the start on the second half of a back-to-back.

Game Preview

STATS:

All Stats New Jersey @ Buffalo, 1st meeting, 4-3 loss

All Team Rankings

Team Comparison Chart

PROJECTED LINEUP

FORWARDS:

88 Jamie McGinn – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart

9 Evander Kane – 15 Jack Eichel – 26 Matt Moulson

28 Zemgus Girgensons – 22 Johan Larsson – 12 Brian Gionta

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 82 Marcus Foligno

DEFENSE:

4 Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe – 47 Zach Bogosian

6 Mike Weber – 46 Cody Franson

HEROES:

31 Chad Johnson

35 Linus Ullmark

494116028_slide.jpg

#25, "Woah, I should be looking at the puck but that Buffalo chick with the big hair in the front row is tasty!"

So just wanted to toss this out there... see what the reactions were. What about moving Eichel to #1 RW for say 5 games and Reinhart to #2 Center for 5 games just to help get Jack going and give him some confidence?

I'll allow it.

Although I'd like to see Girgensons get the 2nd line center spot with Reinhart on his wing, he needs a spark.    

Someone (sorry forgot who) mentioned the other day that we may as well put Jack with Foligno and DLo. After spending the rest of the day laughing about it I now think it's genius. It would spread our scoring around and it's not like Jack would notice as he going end to end thinking he's Bobby Orr or Paul Coffey

I started to appreciate the idea quite a bit but won't ever expect to see it happen. But it would be an interesting way to boost scoring.

Cory Schneider (13-8-4, .924) will start for Devils against Sabres.

I thought this would be my one safe space, guess not.

Sorry Eleven

I wouldn't mess with Rhino-Snook Chemistry. However I would move Zemgus to 2C and have Eichel on the wing for a few games.

Would have no problem w/ putting Jack & Ryan together for a couple of games. Wouldn't move Reinhart to C at this point though. Would rather have Zemgus there.

Really doubt that Jack gets moved off C anytime soon as he's just had Gionta taken off his line. Gionta was playing as the C for ~30-40% of the time in the Sabres end when he & Jack were together. Not sure how much that was happening in October, but it definitely was normal in November. Seemed to be a big part of why Gionta was on Jack's wing. Still not sure why Gionta gets so much PP time though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.