McDavid breaks collarbone. Out "Long Term"

dejeanneret

eleven, on 04 Nov 2015 - 4:53 PM, said:

<------  Peeked in thread and noped right the hell back out.

I find this offensive.  If you peek in this thread, you stay in this thread.  There's no un-peeking.

*sigh*

it's not directly about religion.  This place is a rare treat among the interwebs.  It is a place of mostly thoughtful, respectful discussion.  And given the size of the audience, and the diversity it must hold, this is unusual indeed.  Openly mocking another's beliefs in random threads can only result in negative conversation.  This isn't about religion. Would we tolerate mocking obese people in random threads?  Ugly people?  We don't do that.  We shouldn't do this. It is about being respectful to the audience here.  It's about basic decorum FFS.

This is what makes a player a champion, the willingness to do nearly anything to win it all. They play through injuries for that very reason. Wishing harm to your opponent is different than enjoying the following problems it causes the team. Carolina doesn't win the Cup if we still had our starters in at D. And you don't hear them complaining or regretting not beating Buffalo at full strength.

And don't tell me that Boychuck's hit on Vanek in the 2010? Playoffs was anything but purposeful injuring. I hate the targeting of players, unless they have legit reason to be, but if it was not intentional I'm not going to cry about the other team being worse.

You seem to make purposeful injury creation equivalent to merely taking advantage of another's bad luck.

There is no place in sports for purposeful injury. I also feel, that as a fan, we should not get our jollies off because one of our opponents star players gets hurt. Injuries are part of the game. Sometimes they hurt you and sometimes they benefit you. Wishing for a guy to get hurt is a different story.

Being HAPPY an 18 year old kid who is going to be nothing short of a superstar got hurt is pathetic. In all honesty some of the posts in here today were kind of embarrassing.

It was a joke on using the term "silly" resulting in bans

D'oh!

I find this offensive.  If you peek in this thread, you stay in this thread.  There's no un-peeking.

Fair.

My first reaction to hearing the news was "nice, my fantasy hockey opponent for this week won't be getting any points out of McDavid then" so I'm probably a bad person.

Dat avatar, tho.

There is no place in sports for purposeful injury. I also feel, that as a fan, we should not get our jollies off because one of our opponents star players gets hurt. Injuries are part of the game. Sometimes they hurt you and sometimes they benefit you. Wishing for a guy to get hurt is a different story.

Being HAPPY an 18 year old kid who is going to be nothing short of a superstar got hurt is pathetic. In all honesty some of the posts in here today were kind of embarrassing.

I suspect alot of what you've found embarrassing was meant just a little tongue-in-cheek.  If grave injury came to McDavid, I'd bet PA would be among the first to celebrate what he was as a player, not celebrate his loss.

This has no place in this thread.  In fact, it really has no place in this community.  Out of respect for the members here that do hold religious beliefs, would you please stop this sort of thing?

Oh come on raptor jesus is a joke, not a bash of religion

A stab at creationism.

yes

I agree with those guidelines. But parody and satire seem okay. Raptor Jesus appears to be something patently absurd, even silly. No?

it's a joke, if we can wish for McJesus to die in a horrible on ice accident we can use raptor jesus.

I suspect alot of what you've found embarrassing was meant just a little tongue-in-cheek. If grave injury came to McDavid, I'd bet PA would be among the first to celebrate what he was as a player, not celebrate his loss.

Agreed, some of the sanctamonious bs on this topic is just as much over the top and imo disengenous or not in the very least niave.

Businesses have been built taking advantages of others misfortune, same with nations, this board is for entertainment and a little gallows humour over a good possibly great player's misfortune is hardly a place to go all rigidly judgemental. Can anyone say 1984...

Edited by North Buffalo