McDavid breaks collarbone. Out "Long Term"

dejeanneret

Agreed, some of the sanctamonious bs on this topic is just as much over the top and imo disengenous or not in the very least niave.

Businesses have been built taking advantages of others misfortune, same with nations, this board is for entertainment and a little gallows humour over a good possibly great player's misfortune is hardly a place to go all rigidly judgemental. Can anyone say 1984...

Dude! 1984 was one of Van Halen's best albums!

Et tu brute, Neo gone all PC.

I'm smiling. Truly, though, I felt that way when I read the first post or two at o'dark thirty this morning. I googled the schedule to see how many weeks before we played him. I wrote my post in a flat tone, I suppose, as a juxtaposition to the passion fanning flames in this thread. I do like to play against the best. I did NOT want Brady suspended for the Bills game.

Ayn Rand disagrees. :-P

Meh, what does she know?

It helps. I'll give you that. I can't blame David for synthesizer tracks.

You realize some songs prior to those on 1984 include keys? The Cradle Will Rock, for example, has a Rhodes all the way through it.

There is no place in sports for purposeful injury. I also feel, that as a fan, we should not get our jollies off because one of our opponents star players gets hurt. Injuries are part of the game. Sometimes they hurt you and sometimes they benefit you. Wishing for a guy to get hurt is a different story.

Being HAPPY an 18 year old kid who is going to be nothing short of a superstar got hurt is pathetic. In all honesty some of the posts in here today were kind of embarrassing.

I agree with pretty much everything you just said, however I'd get jolly when an opposing team's injury helps us just like I'm sad when ours hurt us. Just because its part of the game doesn't mean there is a gag order on any emotion.

That must have been very painful. I was impressed how McDavid went to the bench like it was nothing and sat there until the end of the period, even though he had a broken collarbone. The kid is a thoroughbred in character too. Get well soon.