McDavid breaks collarbone. Out "Long Term"

dejeanneret

That must have been very painful. I was impressed how McDavid went to the bench like it was nothing and sat there until the end of the period, even though he had a broken collarbone. The kid is a thoroughbred in character too. Get well soon.

He was probably in some state of shock. I walked all over the iron with a crushed right foot for an hour until I came too enough to fully realize what had happened. I would be more impressed to see him come back and play the same game regardless of the set back. That's the bar I've set for myself and I'm nobody so he should double my efforts. Right?

I said it mostly in jest. The first album was best, but to this day I think Hot For Teacher (from 1984) is still the best music video ever.

Definitely one of the best.  And since my wife became a teacher, it kind of holds a warm spot in my heart.  Or something.

That must have been very painful. I was impressed how McDavid went to the bench like it was nothing and sat there until the end of the period, even though he had a broken collarbone. The kid is a thoroughbred in character too. Get well soon.

Shock can do amazing things.... until the adrenaline wears off.  I rode a bicycle 10 miles with broken arm.  (It was only during the last couple that I began to realize how broken it was.)

You had me till ... Jacker.  :censored:  Hate that name.

Do any of his team mates call him Jacker ? I also hate that name. Won't be calling him by that nickname. Nope , not gonna do it. I'll call him Eich or whatever his mates call him thanks. Fans don't decide the nicknames. Team mates do.

Do any of his team mates call him Jacker ? I also hate that name. Won't be calling him by that nickname. Nope , not gonna do it. I'll call him Eich or whatever his mates call him thanks. Fans don't decide the nicknames. Team mates do.

They call him Eich

Funny you mention that, because I referenced it in lecture tonight and was given a bunch of blank stares in return. Only 10% of my class tonight had read it. Are they not assigning this in high school anymore?

That's...that's just sad. I wasn't assigned it in school, I read it because I wanted to. I was always much more a fan of Brave New World, probably one of my favorite books ever. I think assigning both of them, back-to-back, would be a really good learning experience. 

You didn't miss anything. :)

Jump and Hot For Teacher are amazing songs

That's...that's just sad. I wasn't assigned it in school, I read it because I wanted to. I was always much more a fan of Brave New World, probably one of my favorite books ever. I think assigning both of them, back-to-back, would be a really good learning experience.

Jump and Hot For Teacher are amazing songs

I read 1984 freshman year and Brave New World as I believe a junior. Doubling them up would make sense.