Joe Battista, Sabres VP of Hockey Related Business, has resigned

z-man

Russ Brandon sucks, he's cheap, he only cares about the Bills...

Winner winner chicken dinner.

I think that's right -- the new tinfoil hat hand-wringing theorizing will focus on Brandon.

I even have a very specific prediction -- that I will not mention here (otherwise, I spoil it [Edit: Having not written it down anywhere, I now realize I've forgotten what it was - this after being asked in a PM what it was]) -- about something that will be posted in the coming months, years. 

In an effort to create a placeholder to find this post when the time comes, I will also mention the name of Battista here. 

Edited by That Aud Smell

Someone pleaaaaaaaaase fit this in with pegula meddling and Batista meddling agenda

Too many people were on to 'ole Battista.  He didn't really resign, TP just wants to make everyone think he resigned.  Now Battista can continue as the TP hatchet man with his ruthless meddling and pulling of strings and be completely invisible to the common kool aid drinking fan.  I mean isn't it obvious?

Too many people were on to 'ole Battista. He didn't really resign, TP just wants to make everyone think he resigned. Now Battista can continue as the TP hatchet man with his ruthless meddling and pulling of strings and be completely invisible to the common kool aid drinking fan. I mean isn't it obvious?

It is weird there was no press conference if you think about it

I love how everyone likes to feel good about what they like to feel good about.

The "tinfoil hat" folk have been questioning Battista's qualifications, his duties, etc since he arrived, saying it was part of TPeg's old boys club, meddling way. So now when TPegs brings in an actual president to take the place of that club that wasn't working, the "tinfoil hat" crew is somehow wrong?

Whatever.

Someone pleaaaaaaaaase fit this in with pegula meddling and Batista meddling agenda

This verifies the pegula meddling/batista meddling narrative. Pegs is just done meddling, or, I suspect, tpegs is done meddling with the sabres, and kpegs has no love for terry's old friends.

The "tinfoil hat" folk have been questioning Battista's qualifications, his duties, etc since he arrived, saying it was part of TPeg's old boys club, meddling way. So now when TPegs brings in an actual president to take the place of that club that wasn't working, the "tinfoil hat" crew is somehow wrong?

Whatever.

whatever.

Whatever.

It's not that they're being called out as having been wrong -- it's wondering what they'll latch onto next (and suggesting that their obsession with it as an initial matter was misplaced).

It's not that they're being called out as having been wrong -- it's wondering what they'll latch onto next (and suggesting that their obsession with it as an initial matter was misplaced).

We don't know if it was misplaced, though. And the fact that he's gone kinda tells me it wasn't.

We don't know if it was misplaced, though. And the fact that he's gone kinda tells me it wasn't.

I still have no idea what his job was / was supposed to be / etc. which is why I always found it funny when people brought him up.

That's my view of it: He came off as an overpaid crony who didnt have an actual job, and probably made a nuisance of himself more than anything. But, that all struck me as essentially benign - billionaires have cronies.

My take was that Brandon advised the Pegulas to do without that crony because he wasn't adding anything to the mix.

My sense on why people were concerned with Battista was that be was more than a "heywatchadointhereguy?" crony; that he was somehow a malignant and meddling shadow. That always struck me as ... some tinfoil hat stuff. And it still does.

Edited by That Aud Smell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.