SDT: Sabres Prospect Scrimmage Blue and Gold Tonight

Brawndo

Eichel looked as he during the world championships toward the beginning. I think the start of the season will be a lot like this. However by game 10 to 15, he wi I think the start of the season will be a lot like this. However by game 10 to 15, will be far better. Reinhart looked as we had hoped he would last year.

Blue had the better goaltending all night.

Evan Rodriguez was an anchor.  Jack and Baptiste were waiting on him all night. I liked Olofson skills.  McCabe looks NHL ready, Carrier is smooth and Fasching is a much better skater than last year. Florentino has a legit shot to play in the National.  Bailey needs seasoning but looked legit. And Samson will be fine. What a heady player. 

Just got back, the fight was definitely the highlight of the night. Samson was AWESOME! The kid has the tools to be in the NHL.

Sam is more Toews player than people saying Eichel is. Reinhart is a solid two way player who can be put in all situations just like he was used for team Canada. It's a meaningless scrimmage game where most players won't make it to the next level. From what little I seen I like Baileys size as well as that whole Reinhart line.

I went tonight, here are some of my thoughts:

- Reinhart really does look much faster, and more confident. His line was on fire tonight

- Speaking of Reinhart's line, Carrier and Fasching looked very solid too. Carrier has some wheels on him

- McCabe was a man amongst boys out there. At one point a gold forward was streaking in, and McCabe literally just pushed him 5 feet laterally; the guy was going north-south and McCabe introduced him to east-west

- The Blue team clearly had the better roster, and it showed. Gold couldn't muster a clean breakout to save their lives. Couple that with Eichel's inexplicably short shifts, and he really couldn't showcase his best assets to the extent everyone was hoping for.

- Eichel was fine though, and had some incredible offensive vision but his line-mates either couldn't carrel the puck, or just weren't there. 

- Kasdorf really impressed me. He stopped some point-blank shots from the slot, and had solid rebound control. I was pleasantly surprised with him.

- Speaking of surprised: how about Olofsson? That kid has wheels, a nice wrister, and isn't lost on the ice (more than you could say for a solid 2/3rd of the gold team). I'm looking forward to his development. 

YES! My Friday night is saved! I was going to replace the garbage disposal.

Told ya they could do it on last minute notice :)     They were probably planning on streaming the entire time just waited to last min. to increase sales.

Also on the game the atmosphere was like a real game and everyone was on their feet for the fight. Alot of the youngsters where really fast. 

Eichel looked as he during the world championships toward the beginning. I think the start of the season will be a lot like this. However by game 10 to 15, will be far better.

If Eichel doesn't bring it, they'll send him down after Game 9 to save a year on his ELC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.