Free Agent Frenzy 2015

spndnchz

yah, the more i see what deals are being accomplished, the more i wonder if the silence *is* due to contract length being required. green is *terribly* old, but a 3 year deal makes him 32 when his contract is up ... and with all the young talent we have, at 6M/year, it's ... dumb.

i dunno. whatever. others have already said it, but we made our splash on friday. if we do nothing with FA, i'll be slightly disappointed, but i won't cry.

Anyone else surprised the Habs and NYR haven't really made any moves yet? Or the Blues for that matter? Some pretty big contenders staying put with their rosters so far

Except that you're forgetting that the Habs just picked up the almighty Zach Kassian. That's a pretty big deal, right there.

On a related note, I see that Hodgson was signed by the Preds. Alright ....

Edited by frissonic

Well, the Habs DID go out and acquire Zack Kassian.

Except that you're forgetting that the Habs just picked up the almighty Zach Kassian. That's a pretty big deal, right there.

On a related note, I see that Hodgson was signed by the Preds. Alright ....

Maybe the Canadiens can teach him how to make fire and move beyond one syllable words.

I'm convinced Poile is trying to build a Darcy team. So happy we went with Murray instead of him

Anyone else surprised the Habs and NYR haven't really made any moves yet? Or the Blues for that matter? Some pretty big contenders staying put with their rosters so far

The Rangers grabbed Victor Stalberg.  That's a good move on their part.  Stalberg is a beast when healthy.

I still think the best case scenario(and obviously doesn't need to be resolved today or even in the next week or two) is for the Sabres to sign and/or trade for two defensemen to play with the big club next year.

McCabe, Ruhwedel & Donovan would all be Rochester bound and can fight for the first injury call-up.

Edited by LabattBlue

The Rangers grabbed Victor Stalberg.  That's a good move on their part.  Stalberg is a beast when healthy.

Didn't see that, that is a nice move for them. Still, their issue is scoring, and with Hagelin and St.Louis gone, adding d-men shouldn't be a priority. 

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger

Deal isn't quite done, but Brad Richards and the Red Wings are working on a 1 yr deal.

Solid work by the Red Wings today. Mike Green on a 3-year deal is a good get for them. A bit heavy on the money but whatever. I still like Richards as a bottom-six vet.

Zero issue with the Green deal because it's only three years. It pricey, but minimal risk.

Deal isn't quite done, but Brad Richards and the Red Wings are working on a 1 yr deal.

Solid work by the Red Wings today. Mike Green on a 3-year deal is a good get for them. A bit heavy on the money but whatever. I still like Richards as a bottom-six vet.

Is that the same Mike Richards that had his contract voided by the Kings? :unsure:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.