Mike Richards - Contract Terminated

LGR4GM

Yep. It's definitely a problem. Until they stop treating drug abuse as a crime instead of a medical issue it's going to remain a huge problem in this country. Unfortunately with the privatization of prisons and the unions who run the prison guards don't seem to have any interest in doing that, which is definitely a shame because that would alleviate a huge burden on both the judicial system and the prison system. Seems like drugs are only a medical issue when the person who gets caught is rich though and for everyone else it's a crime problem.

Whats frightning is medication you need a doctors prescription for in Europe.   You can just buy at a grocery/drugstore in the states.

Friend of mine who went to Miami last month told me how freeky it was to see so much advertisements for medication.

Whats frightning is medication you need a doctors prescription for in Europe.   You can just buy at a grocery/drugstore in the states.

Friend of mine who went to Miami last month told me how freeky it was to see so much advertisements for medication.

Can you give me some examples? Are you talking pain medicines, allergy meds, stuff for flus and colds? I'm just curious to find out what type of over the counter meds require a prescription overseas. If I had to guess I'd say Sudafed/pseudophedrine (sp?) because it can be used to make meth but now the government tracks how much you buy and you have to show your drivers license at the pharmacy to get it (at least in North Carolina), even though it's still considered over the counter (no prescription needed).

Edited by Drunkard

Quit taking Oxycodone half-way through the bottle because it was becoming something to look forward too, not to help with the pain, which was just about gone at that point anyway. Scared the ###### out of me actually. It sneaks up on you and before you realize it, you've got a problem.

That said, I'm manage to limit my cocaine intake to a reasonable level. *sniff sniff*

I really really want to do a rick james impression right now

Can you give me some examples? Are you talking pain medicines, allergy meds, stuff for flus and colds? I'm just curious to find out what type of over the counter meds require a prescription overseas. If I had to guess I'd say Sudafed/pseudophedrine (sp?) because it can be used to make meth but now the government tracks how much you buy and you have to show your drivers license at the pharmacy to get it (at least in North Carolina), even though it's still considered over the counter (no prescription needed).

I have family in Canada and spend about a month a year up there. If you go to a pharmacy up there and ask for a pseudoephedrine product over the counter, you will literally see the expression on their face change as you ask, and you will know that they are 100% sure you make meth, and they can't let you have it without a prescription. On the other hand, if you ask for codeine over the counter, they will serve you with a smile and not a question asked. I bruised my ribs pretty badly up there once and thank god it happened up there, because that would have been BRUTAL with no codeine. Just for the record, over the counter they will sell you aspirin with codeine in it. I would imagine straight codeine pills (if there is such a thing) would require a prescription. Edited by BagBoy

Coming from the prescribing side of things, the addiction level of pain pills is becoming astounding in our country, I fully support the use of greenery and believe it should be legalized, there is a reason many cancer patients are allowed to be prescribed many forms of THC, because it helps.

Back to hockey.... Any more recent news on this subject?

Coming from the prescribing side of things, the addiction level of pain pills is becoming astounding in our country, I fully support the use of greenery and believe it should be legalized, there is a reason many cancer patients are allowed to be prescribed many forms of THC, because it helps.

Back to hockey.... Any more recent news on this subject?

the nhlpa is gathering evidence and has 60 days from his contract termination to file a grievance. 

• 3 months later...

What reason do NHL teams have to ever use a buyout again when trying to get rid of a truly terrible contract? Just find some trumped up BS reason to terminate, then settle for close to the same dollar figure but a much more manageable cap hit.

None.  That's why other teams and agents are pissed.  This is a terrible precedent imo. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.