Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

I wonder if the Red wings can trade a player and have a team take some of datsyuk's salary

Nope. They take the cap hit "regardless of whether, or where, the Player is playing" except the 1st $100k wouldn't count towards the cap if he was in Grand Rapids. They are hosed if he does, in fact, go back to Russia.

That sucks for the Wings.

And, to Woody, not without dumping some contracts.

That said, Detroit could trade the contract to a budget team.

Gets them over the cap floor without spending real money.

No, they can't. They are hosed.

Wings lose Datsyuk and with it, their top center and are saddled with a big cap hit.

Bruins miss the playoffs in spectacular fashion and now want to fire their most successful coach in franchise history.

TB's top prospect hates them, their franchise center may very well likely leave them, and they just lost him and Johnson for the playoffs.

Toronto sucks

Montreal completely fell apart without one player; are rumored to trade their franchise defenseman, and are clinging to dreams of Price returning and Pac and Gal being enough offense to win again

Florida is awesome, and set for a long time it looks like

So, I ask you, how does our division look?

Edited by WildCard

Wings lose Datsyuk and with it, their top center and are saddled with a big cap hit.

Bruins miss the playoffs in spectacular fashion and now want to fire their most successful coach in franchise history.

TB's top prospect hates them, their franchise center may very well likely leave them, and they just lost him and Johnson for the playoffs.

Toronto sucks

Montreal completely fell apart without one player; are rumored to trade their franchise defenseman, and are clinging to dreams of Price returning and Pac and Gal being enough offense to win again

If Stamkos bolts, it's going to be Florida, us, and Toronto as the undisputed best teams in the division for an extended run. Yes, Toronto.

Toronto sucks

I eagerly await our rise to the top.

If Stamkos bolts, it's going to be Florida, us, and Toronto as the undisputed best teams in the division for an extended run. Yes, Toronto.

No doubt, and I would even put Toronto over Florida. We're going to really start hating them in two years

Ekblad >> Rielly, and Barkov >> Nylander, so it would take Stamkos AND Matthews for me to feel like Toronto could be better than Florida.

Both true. But they have the money, Mike Babcock, Marner, and a likely top 4 pick this year Edited by WildCard

Ekblad >> Rielly, and Barkov >> Nylander, so it would take Stamkos AND Matthews for me to feel like Toronto could be better than Florida.

Florida will never get any credit no matter what they do, and that's OK.

His cap hit remains behind though :D

oops guess I was wrong, philly plays the caps.

Islanders get to play the panthers :p

Not yet, if the Islanders beat Philly tonight they slide up to play the Pens and the Panthers play the Rangers.

Brawndo called it already, but Brian Murray is officially replaced

Brian Murray is a tough SOB.  He's fighting a good fight against his illness.  I remember him and Lindy going at it between the benches at the "go out and run' em" game.  Seems like only yesterday.

Joe Sakic seems to be forgetting that A) Roy isn't his HC anymore and B) Gretzky sucked as a HC

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15171496/patrick-roy-return-colorado-avalanche-head-coach-general-manager-joe-sakic-says

Claims Roy is a winner, and it's on the players for not showing enough passion; Roy isn't going anywhere, but it really looks like Duchene, Landeskog, and/or Barrie are

Joe Sakic seems to be forgetting that A) Roy isn't his HC anymore and B) Gretzky sucked as a HC

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15171496/patrick-roy-return-colorado-avalanche-head-coach-general-manager-joe-sakic-says

Claims Roy is a winner, and it's on the players for not showing enough passion; Roy isn't going anywhere, but it really looks like Duchene, Landeskog, and/or Barrie are

Any other Sabres properties that Roy has his eye on? McCormick could be cleared to play any day now. ;)

I know he is the league's next superstar, but Captain at 19? That's probably not the best move particularity for the Oilers.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/expect-connor-mcdavid-oilers-captain-next-season/

Pens did it with Crosby, the Avs did it with Landeskog. Is it a publicity thing? Is it a dressing room thing?