Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

He's a pure center, but I think that still works. We have the talent to make that trade if we are willing to part with Pysyk, McCabe, Ennis, Girgs, and a 2016/ maybe 2015 1st, where the combinations of which vary 

??? - Eichel - ROR

Kane- RNH - Reinhart

YOU WANT TO GIVE THEM JACK EICHEL AND ALL THAT!? :p

I'm not making that trade. They're not getting both Pysyk AND McCabe and nothing else we have to give outside of Reinhart, Eichel, O'Reilly or Risto moves the needle. It's not a deal I'm all that interested in. And I also don't think we should be trading our first this year unless it's a definitive game changer who will guarantee very low lottery chances.

How so?

He's basically Sam Reinhart — just shy of an elite talent with an elite head, competitive but without a physical edge.

Given the price, the trade would almost certainly be creating holes in the roster to add to a position of strength.

What we need most is a top-four puckmoving LD and a RW who can finish a lot more than an offensive centre.

I know some of you are OK with Sam on RW, but even if he stays there, I think the argument still stands.

Where are you going to find a top 6 RW that isn't involving the aforementioned price for RNH? He drives possession and has great hands, as a second line center it frees ROR and Jack to be completely dominate.

Okposo is a FA I believe. Or Jordan Staal, anybody?

Edited by WildCard

Where are you going to find a top 6 RW that isn't involving the aforementioned price for RNH?

If we can get RNH for that price, why not a similar-level player who is actually a RW?

He drives possession and has great hands, as a second line center it frees ROR and Jack to be completely dominate.

Okposo is a FA I believe

Why is that better than using Sam in that role and adding a real RW with some speed and size who can also score?

RNH is available, what RW are you suggesting? Johansen?

GMs aren't returning my calls, so I am not sure who is available :P

Seriously though? I'd rather hang on to our first and cross my fingers for Puljujarvi or Laine.

I'd also rather pay a lesser package for Eberle, than ante the cost for RNH.

GMs aren't returning my calls, so I am not sure who is available :P

Seriously though? I'd rather hang on to our first and cross my fingers for Puljujarvi or Laine.

I'd also rather pay a lesser package for Eberle, than ante the cost for RNH.

I'm not waiting that long to fill the RW hole. I think we can do something for a player that is much more NHL ready.

I'm not waiting that long to fill the RW hole. I think we can do something for a player that is much more NHL ready.

This is actually where I expect Murray to earn his money; not with a blockbuster for another team's first-liner, but scouring the lower reaches of rosters for Jack's Matt Moulson. We need to unearth a few unexpected gems.

I'm much more interested in adding a defenseman than a forward at this point. Potato is spot on about our dire need for offensive juice from the blue line. I think it's gotten to the point where our forwards look worse collectively than they are because we have precisely one defender consistently capable of moving the puck up ice, be it with skating or a pass.

I'm much more interested in adding a defenseman than a forward at this point. Potato is spot on about our dire need for offensive juice from the blue line. I think it's gotten to the point where our forwards look worse collectively than they are because we have precisely one defender consistently capable of moving the puck up ice, be it with skating or a pass.

Getting Pysyk back will help, but it does look like it will take additional help from outside the current crew to upgrade enough. McCabe will likely have the traditional sophomore slump next year, so though on paper it looks like they've got 1 top pairing guy next year and 3 that are solid/poor man's 2nd pairing (Bogosian solid 2nd team, the other 2 possibly in either category) they probably only have 2 2nd pairing guys next year. They need at least 1 more 2nd pairing guy & ideally 1 top pairing guy.

Q: If you have 1 guy that can consistently do it & 2 guys that can occasionally & another that's reasonable on the 2nd pp unit; does that count as 2?

When he's 41 in 2021? That's the next time he'll be a FA without a buyout.

And didn't he say he'll retire if Chicago ever cuts or trades him?

Well that's stupid; nhlnumbers has Hossa contract on his player page ending in 2016, or so it seems, but it shows the whole contract on the team's page. My mistake

JONATHAN DROUIN WILL BE FINE!!

A top 3 pick that very possibly could have been a #2, or even #1.  There was some debate.

There just isn't a permanent place on the Tampa wing yet ... left wing.  He's only 20 years old.

The Sabres don't need a left wing, but if they could convert him to the right side ... look out.  I'd be beside myself if Eich, or Sampson, could have him on his right side to get the puck to.

It would take a lot to get him out of Tampa.  Being sent down at this point is not a big deal, IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.