Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

The cherry on top is that he has Reimer listed as #1.

Not sure what he meant by *in order* ... his, or some hockey talking head?

My own. Reimer is number one on that list without a doubt in my mind. He's still young (27) and is having a great year.

Might get contracts too rich (see: long) for my blood, but I definitely have interest in both Eriksson and Vrbata. Eriksson in particular brings a game I think would complement Eichel very well.

Some very interesting rumors

- Leafs can move Phaneuf, Bozak, and Lupul very easily

- Marleau requested a trade

- Kings want to add a d-man

-Nashville has asked about RNH and Duchene

http://thehockeywriters.com/rumor-roundup-stamkos-maple-leafs/

Nashville should absolutely trade one of their defensemen for a center. I have no idea why they're so dead set against trading any of them. If I were them I'd look to hang on to Josi and Jones, the others would be movable.

Might get contracts too rich (see: long) for my blood, but I definitely have interest in both Eriksson and Vrbata. Eriksson in particular brings a game I think would complement Eichel very well.

Nashville should absolutely trade one of their defensemen for a center. I have no idea why they're so dead set against trading any of them. If I were them I'd look to hang on to Josi and Jones, the others would be movable.

Probably because the centers that would be available in such a trade would represent, from Nashville's perspective, 2-dimes-and-a-nickel in exchange for a quarter.

Probably because the centers that would be available in such a trade would represent, from Nashville's perspective, 2-dimes-and-a-nickel in exchange for a quarter.

I'm sure that's exactly how they view it. I just disagree with that assessment, and even if I agreed, it comes down to the old Darcy era argument: do you want to win trades or build a team? Nashville isn't winning squat without better center play, and they have one sure-fire way to address it.

If they really are interested in Johansen, Duchene and even Malkin then they're getting quarters for quarters. Those guys are all true number one centers when on their games and play for teams in dire need of defensive help. Especially Pittsburgh.

Let's make a deal!

If they really are interested in Johansen, Duchene and even Malkin then they're getting quarters for quarters. Those guys are all true number one centers when on their games and play for teams in dire need of defensive help. Especially Pittsburgh.

Let's make a deal!

Why not make it truly fun and talk Crosby trades?

So who goes, Weber or Jones? Or some lesser d-men and Foresberg?

Should be Weber. Age + contract dictates he'd be the one I try to trade.

No chance on doing the same for Risto I'm assuming

Methinks he's in the midst of his breakout season and we missed the boat.

I think they would have a very hard time moving that Weber contract the money is through the roof for the next couple years. And then there's the recapture concerns.

Fair points. I don't think the recapture is the biggest detriment, because I'd imagine only big market teams with cash would be interested in him.

Why not make it truly fun and talk Crosby trades?

I don't think the Pens would ever do it, but if they did they'd demand Josi and likely refuse to take any other alternative.

As far as Weber's contract: that'll be interesting. Teams will want him because he's still one of the very best at his position and likely will be for another few years.

He's owed $24M over the next two season ($12M each). He's getting $13M this year. After those two years he's owed $30M from 2018 to 2025 (eight years).

There's certainly recapture risk but the player is at a level that justifies taking on some of that risk.

I'm sure that's exactly how they view it. I just disagree with that assessment, and even if I agreed, it comes down to the old Darcy era argument: do you want to win trades or build a team? Nashville isn't winning squat without better center play, and they have one sure-fire way to address it.

It's not sure-fire at all in the dimes-for-quarters scenario. Trading an elite defenseman for a Derek Roy equivalent only sure-fires you into mediocrity.

Let's make a deal!

Well, those would indeed be quarters for quarters but I'm skeptical one of those quarters would be coming back for the guys that Nashville would trade.

Zach Werenski I wish he had been a later pick because he looks like a high end D prospect and would look nice next to Risto.

Any other ideas for a left handed D-man who could be Risto's partner in crime?

Well the cam fowler rumours were hanging around earlier, always thought with the ducks being a bit desperate we could trade Kane for him.

But can't see that happening any more with the sex offense investigation he is facing.

Edited by Huckleberry

Yea, I'd have to think Drouin is classic buy low.

Some mid-level talent can easily get him. Hell, Ennis might get him

d4rk mentioned possession forwards. I give you the analytical case for RNH, who is definitely available

http://thehockeywriters.com/the-nhls-most-underrated-player/

Let’s take a quick look at Nugent-Hopkins’ advanced stats, an area of analysis gaining both credibility and importance in today’s NHL.

Not only has Nugent-Hopkins produced at a higher points per game than, for example, Gabriel Landeskog, who was selected second overall in 2011, but his Corsi statistics are also better, impressively so against a higher quality of competition. Over the past two seasons, Landeskog retains a 52.84 and 53.29 CF% in all situations, respectively, while Nugent-Hopkins on the other hand compiled a 53.50 rating in 2014-15, and has generated a 54.06 CF% this season, in all situations.

Despite their similarity, Nugent-Hopkins still retains a clear edge in CF%, which essentially illustrates that Nugent-Hopkins has produced more shot attempts, whether on goal, missed or blocked, for, than allowed over the past two seasons in comparison to Landeskog, in all situations.

Further, there is CF Rel%, which is measured by subtracting a player’s off-ice Corsi% from his on-ice Corsi%. To put it simply, this analytic communicates an individual player’s shot attempts generated while he is on the ice in comparison to those created by his team while he is not.

Once again, Nugent-Hopkins has the edge, carrying a 9.9 CF Rel% over the past the past five seasons, while Landeskog trails once again, producing an extremely close 9.6 CF Rel%.
Edited by WildCard

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Nugent-Hopkins is a pure center. That's obviously not an absolute end to the conversation on him, but it's going to take defensive talent to get him which I'm not sure we have to give or should be willing to do so for a guy who will force us to move Eichel or O'Reilly off center.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Nugent-Hopkins is a pure center. That's obviously not an absolute end to the conversation on him, but it's going to take defensive talent to get him which I'm not sure we have to give or should be willing to do so for a guy who will force us to move Eichel or O'Reilly off center.

He's a pure center, but I think that still works. We have the talent to make that trade if we are willing to part with Pysyk, McCabe, Ennis, Girgs, and a 2016/ maybe 2017 1st, where the combinations of which vary 

??? - Eichel - ROR

Kane- RNH - Reinhart

Edit: Damn 2015 1st  :lol:

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.