Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Oh. What's the other term? I know them bastads drink beer.

Vegetarian? Either way Duffs could accommodate. So celery and carrots for both groups but celery, carrots with blue cheese, beer and turkey burgers for one group only I guess then. Why oh why would you belong to a non beer group? I'm guessing you're not posting on this here message board if that's the case.

"My diet is fresh vegetables, fresh fruit. That’s got to be the main things that I eat. But I’ll have a burger in the summer, a hot dog or something like that at the golf course. During the season I’ll have a BLT or something, because I miss it. I wish I could go vegan (no animal products, including dairy), but it’s too tough. I like my ice cream too much.”

Without us moving a forward, I have no idea where he'd even go

If the source of that chatter on other boards is TheHockeyPress, I'm inclined to disbelieve it. IIRC that handle is bogus

He could play top 6 LW, with one of Ennis or Kane moving down to the 3rd line. If we have room for Vesey, we have room for Nash. I think we only have room for 1, though.

• 3 weeks later...

From a TSN reporter in Vancouver

Hearing #Sabres willingness to deal Evander Kane (or the desired return if he is on the block) depends on whether Vesey signs. #Canucks

Oh, and because I'm a child....called it!  :nana: 

Edited by WildCard

@mattsekeres 10h10 hours ago

Hearing #Sabres willingness to deal Evander Kane (or the desired return if he is on the block) depends on whether Vesey signs. #Canucks

Oh, and because I'm a child....called it! :nana:

And my son touches his willy every time I change his diaper. Some things are just natural.

Well, this doesn't really say much about any other team's willingness to acquire Kane at a price above empty peanut shells.

It's amazing how many teams are now lined up to trade for the player who was just cuffed on the 11 o'clock news. In fact, it's a bidding war.

• 2 months later...

Let's rev this mother ###### up

McKenzie: "I absolutely believe Buffalo would have interest in Jacob Trouba. But not if it means giving up Ristolainen." #Sabres #NHLJets

What the heck could they give up for it though. Rumors I saw were that they'd want a 1-for-1 trade, and I don't know that we have anyone worth Trouba that people here would be willing to give.

Even if its not a 1-for-1, I think you're talking a first rounder to start, plus a roster player or a high level prospect. 1st and Guhle? 1st and Nelson? I don't think thats enough and its already making me twinge a bit.

That said, I'd love to have him.

Let's rev this mother ###### up

McKenzie: "I absolutely believe Buffalo would have interest in Jacob Trouba. But not if it means giving up Ristolainen." #Sabres #NHLJets

The way I read it, Trouba is persona non grata up there.  Should be able to get him for picks...

Buffalo..  Bring out your dead, downtrodden, those with legal trouble, those that can't get along with their teammates, those that need a change of scenery, ...  all serious malcontents considered

Edited by wjag

My guess is McCabe would be involved for sure.

McCabe, Girgensons, 2017 first could be a ballpark. I would do that deal. I would try to find a way to get them to take Moulson since Trouba and Risto's new deal would tighten up the cap.

Then you likely try to flip Bogo for a lefty and sign a depth forward to a one-year deal.

Edited by Hoss

My guess is McCabe would be involved for sure.

McCabe, Girgensons, 2017 first could be a ballpark. I would do that deal. I would try to find a way to get them to take Moulson since Trouba and Risto's new deal would tighten up the cap.

Then you likely try to flip Bogo for a lefty and sign a depth forward to a one-year deal.

The bolded is key. I would only make any deal for Trouba if there was a deal practically in place for Bogo, or we'd have too much $ tied up in the right side of the D. 

Creative three-way trade?

Someone who needs a forward and can offload a D to Winnipeg and the Sabres get Trouba?

I proposed this in the other thread....

How about a 6-way deal:

to ANA: Gaudreau + Kane

to BUF: Lindholm + ANA 3rd

to CGY: Kucherov 

to WPG: Risto

to TBL: Trouba + DAL 1st and 3rd

to DAL: Bishop

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.