Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I don't think Edmonton would have any interest in McCabe. They are more overloaded on the left side than we are on the right side and they're as desperate for help on the right side as we are on the left side. If we swing a deal with them it should involve a RHD from us for a LHD from them. If we wanted Eberle it's going to cost Bogosian or Psysk plus whatever amount added.

I have no interest in Eberle at all.  He is similar to Tyler Ennis.  I would be interested in Taylor Hall but the price may be steep. As it is currently we will lose one of our top 4 defensemen in the expansion draft.  I don't see anyway to improve our defense with the expansion draft in mind. Edmonton wants to get bigger and more physical.  They want Bogo and Foligno.  They are trying to trade Eberle and RNH

Here's something to ponder as we get all anxious about the expansion draft: is the Sabres fourth-best defenseman better than the fourth-best on 20-25 other teams? Because Vegas ain't taking 30 blueliners.

If we kept the current defensemen, we would probably leave Bogo unprotected due to his large cap number which might scare away Vegas.  I think Vegas would definitely take Pysyck or McCabe

Here's something to ponder as we get all anxious about the expansion draft: is the Sabres fourth-best defenseman better than the fourth-best on 20-25 other teams? Because Vegas ain't taking 30 blueliners.

Short answer, nope.  

But what would you pay for Eberle? Risto? McCabe plus #8?

No and no. Based on the rumors around Eberle and who they might be targeting using him I don't think the cost would be this anyways.

Pysyk, Girgensons, Bogo, 2nd rounders, MAYBE next year's first (top ten protected?), Ennis and a few others are all the pieces we could dangle here. I think Eberle is worth more than they'll get for him if they trade him. I would definitely do a Pysyk, Girgensons and a 2nd. Or Bogo and Girgensons.

Playing that expansion game that someone posted here, I'm not sure that there's a very good chance that we lose a defenseman. A lot of guys better than McCabe or Pysyk should be available.

And by that time the only surplus defensemen that Buffalo may be looking to peddle elsewhere are: Gorges and Franson (with a year left).  I still think someone who misses out on the: Yandle, Goligoski, Demers, group could come calling for Franson who should be easy to move out, as long as he's medically cleared.  

If we kept the current defensemen, we would probably leave Bogo unprotected due to his large cap number which might scare away Vegas.  I think Vegas would definitely take Pysyck or McCabe

Bogo is force protected by his NMC.   At this point we'd have to leave Pysyk out there, also if we get that LHD pairing for Risto.

Its risto,  his new parter and bogo , leaving McCabe out there to.

And by that time the only surplus defensemen that Buffalo may be looking to peddle elsewhere are: Gorges and Franson (with a year left).  I still think someone who misses out on the: Yandle, Goligoski, Demers, group could come calling for Franson who should be easy to move out, as long as he's medically cleared.  

I think this year is the last year of Franson's deal, so he'd be a soon-to-be UFA at season's end. Don't think he would be claimed, but it's possible. 

An odd thing to report, but James Mirtle says:

Hearing there will likely be at least one trade today. Some of the latest NHL rumours: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/trade-rumours-fly-as-the-busiest-stretch-of-the-nhl-off-season-begins/article30517289/http://twitter.com/mirtle/status/744890080863543296/photo/1

Says the Rangers are the most active team. Stepan could fit Arizona which would allow New York to get into the Stamkos chase.

Says Boston and Buffalo are teams after Shattenkirk. Mentions Bogo could be dealt.

Edited by Hoss

I think this year is the last year of Franson's deal, so he'd be a soon-to-be UFA at season's end. Don't think he would be claimed, but it's possible. 

I meant as in this is his last year.  I only meant that he could be easily dealt as he's under 30 and can pass the puck well enough.  

An odd thing to report, but James Mirtle says:

Hearing there will likely be at least one trade today. Some of the latest NHL rumours: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/trade-rumours-fly-as-the-busiest-stretch-of-the-nhl-off-season-begins/article30517289/http://twitter.com/mirtle/status/744890080863543296/photo/1

Says the Rangers are the most active team. Stepan could fit Arizona which would allow New York to get into the Stamkos chase.

Says Boston and Buffalo are teams after Shattenkirk. Mentions Bogo could be dealt.

I need new pants. 

I meant as in this is his last year.  I only meant that he could be easily dealt as he's under 30 and can pass the puck well enough.  

Ah ic fair enough. 

I need new pants. 

Bogo for Shat straight up. 

New pants because you'll shat them. 

8 for Shattenkirk and the Blues first (we can add a middle piece to that).

Bogo, Girgensons (or Foligbo) and a 2nd for Eberle.

I personally cannot stomach that second trade at all.  Eberle isn't worth that at all.  I know he can put up between 25-35 goals a season, but he's not worth all of that.  #8 for Shattenkirk makes some sense.  I'd still prefer to keep the pick.  

McKenzie: If I was going to bet big money on anything this week, it'd be that Kenny Holland is going to lose the Datsyuk contract. #RedWings

If it happens, will be really interesting to see the cost.

Prediction: Bogo and #8 to Edmonton for #4 and Eberle

I will be very unhappy with this move

Unhappy? We get the better pick and the better player? I have no clue why Edmonton would do that.

Prediction: Bogo and #8 to Edmonton for #4 and Eberle

I will be very unhappy with this move

If you can get #4 and Eberle for Bogosian and #8, then you make that move and laugh it off.  It frees up space, controls your draft board and you have the chance to make another move to get D in a different avenue.  The question is: Dubois, Nylander, Juolevi or my boy Tkachuk.  

McKenzie: If I was going to bet big money on anything this week, it'd be that Kenny Holland is going to lose the Datsyuk contract. #RedWings

I hope they cannot, McKenzie is usually right on these things, but I want them stuck in the hole with Datsyuk for this season.  :D  

If you can get #4 and Eberle for Bogosian and #8, then you make that move and laugh it off.  It frees up space, controls your draft board and you have the chance to make another move to get D in a different avenue.  The question is: Dubois, Nylander, Juolevi or my boy Tkachuk.  

I hope they cannot, McKenzie is usually right on these things, but I want them stuck in the hole with Datsyuk for this season.   :D

If by space you mean salary cap room,  Eberle has a higher salary than Bogo.

If by space you mean salary cap room,  Eberle has a higher salary than Bogo.

I meant space as in RHD.  It frees up a spot to make a move for Shattenkirk or another upgrade at RHD.  That's what I was trying to imply.  The difference in salary between the two is about 750K-800K, which is about the difference of Justin Bailey. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.