Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Is money really the driving factor for him? Can Florida pay that like we can anyways?

Florida is also a winning team right now who could be a contender with an addition like him and progress from youth. They've got everything you could want. He'd be on a pair with Ekblad, too.

Didn't he resign in NY, and he wanted to play for Boston?

He hasn't signed any contracts outside of Arizona yet. And the rumors about him signing in Boston come from him being from Boston.

Can they pay him though? We have all of those same things but we can afford him and have a better foundation. Florida has the weather and a year of development

Idk if I would argue too strongly we have a better foundation than Florida. That's very debatable at this stage. 

It is? I'm curious how people rank the foundations of Buffalo, Toronto, and Florida

They have Barkov, Huberdeau, Trochek, Bjugstad, Ekblad, Kulikov, compared to our Eichel, Reinhart, ROR, Kane, Ristolainen and McCabe.  While I think ours is better, I wouldn't really think Florida's is worse. Especially when you look at some of the depth they have at defense with Matheson and McCoshen in line and Lawson Crouse waiting in the wings. They are a team on the rise. 

Toronto is a mess even with Matthews. Reily is good but then their defense is just questionable and I think their supporting cast is weak. Nazim Kadri is an okay 2nd line center but he doesn't impress me much. 

All in all Yandle could totally be a good piece for Florida and they have a solid foundation he could be added to. 

It is? I'm curious how people rank the foundations of Buffalo, Toronto, and Florida

1 playoff team

2 team with back to back 2nd overalls

3 team who has no 1 overall pick.

Stamkos changes 2 and 3.

They have Barkov, Huberdeau, Trochek, Bjugstad, Ekblad, Kulikov, compared to our Eichel, Reinhart, ROR, Kane, Ristolainen and McCabe.  While I think ours is better, I wouldn't really think Florida's is worse. Especially when you look at some of the depth they have at defense with Matheson and McCoshen in line and Lawson Crouse waiting in the wings. They are a team on the rise. 

Toronto is a mess even with Matthews. Reily is good but then their defense is just questionable and I think their supporting cast is weak. Nazim Kadri is an okay 2nd line center but he doesn't impress me much. 

All in all Yandle could totally be a good piece for Florida and they have a solid foundation he could be added to. 

Fair enough. Though I will put Eichel head and shoulders above their young forwards, yet Ekblad is similarly dominating our blue line. 

That supporting cast still has Marner and Nylander. Not in better shape, but they're 1 ROR signing away from a decent roster. Then again, how often does that happen, and do they have the culture/vets to groom those young players like we do. Also, Toronto media will be ruthless on them

1 playoff team

2 team with back to back 2nd overalls

3 team who has no 1 overall pick.

Stamkos changes 2 and 3.

No offense but only one of those is relevant 

Edited by WildCard

Can they pay him though? We have all of those same things but we can afford him and have a better foundation. Florida has the weather and a year of development

I think you are seeing Florida is a team with a plan that it is executing.

It has a foundation and a new(ish) ownership group that wants to win.

They have calculated what was missing from a good team and ar making moves accordingly.

This is a team that looks at players like Blue does and are building it according to a plan.

They will pay Yandle what he wants and show him they are committed to winning.

They are going to be a thorn in our side for some time.

Is money really the driving factor for him? Can Florida pay that like we can anyways?

If they're not paying Soupy and we are doesn't that alone give them all they need to sign him?

I'm highly skeptical of Murphy. He's been throwing out some pretty shaky stuff for a long time. He also reported he was hearing that the NHL was putting off Vegas until Carolina figures themselves out despite the news breaking that day that Vegas was the recommendation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.