Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Cam Fowler is an American, would love to acquire him.

More Americans!!!

:P

He's also Canadian born :nana:

I don't see how Ennis gets traded, given that he's trending toward having a season lost to a severe concussion.

Oh ya, no way I see the trade actually happening.  That's why I'd love it if it were made.

I really think an Ennis-Fowler trade makes a ton of sense for both team, but as others have mentioned, the year Ennis is having makes it pretty untenable. Frankly, I expect Ennis plugged into our top-6 to start next season unless he comes back and plays well enough to re-establish trade value. Then again who knows, there could be GMs out there willing to write this season off.

Trades as predicted by some writer, what do you guys think?

To Buffalo: D Cam Fowler, F Stefan Noesen

To Anaheim Ducks: F Tyler Ennis, 2016 3rd round pick (DAL or STL)

To Buffalo: D Raman Hrbarenka, 2016 4th round pick

To New Jersey: F Johan Larsson

To Buffalo: 2016 5th round pick

To Arizona: G Chad Johnson

To Buffalo: F Kerby Rychel

To Columbus: D Jake McCabe, F Nicholas Baptiste, 2017 Conditional 5th round pick

(Calls this last one 'not going to happen')

http://thehockeywriters.com/predicting-the-buffalo-sabres-trade-deadline/

Really don't know enough about Hrbarenka to have a full opinion, but I don't like giving up Larsson without a replacement for his role in hand, be it in this or a separate deal.

I'll take literally anything other than a contract for Johnson.

I'm very leery of trading D for forward help at the moment. Not totally against, just not sure Rychel is the right target.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

To Buffalo: F Kerby Rychel

To Columbus: D Jake McCabe, F Nicholas Baptiste, 2017 Conditional 5th round pick

Agree with others and the author that this last one seems unlikely. I don't see them moving any young blue liners for forwards. I will say, however, than attaining Rychel could provide immense entertainment value should he wind up on Eichel's wing. Eichel to Rychel for a goal? RJ and/or DD could have some fun with that one! Edited by EichSnipe

We'd need to add more than that to Ennis even when he's healthy. Probably more than any of us would want to.

I dunno about that second part. I like Fowler a lot, but he's really more of a second pair guy than first pair (even though he'd likely play first pair for us). There shouldn't be a huge value gap there, especially since Ennis is cost controlled for longer.

Trades as predicted by some writer, what do you guys think?

To Buffalo: D Cam Fowler, F Stefan Noesen

To Anaheim DucksF Tyler Ennis, 2016 3rd round pick (DAL or STL)

To Buffalo: D Raman Hrbarenka, 2016 4th round pick

To New Jersey: F Johan Larsson

To Buffalo: 2016 5th round pick

To Arizona: G Chad Johnson

To Buffalo: F Kerby Rychel

To Columbus: D Jake McCabe, F Nicholas Baptiste, 2017 Conditional 5th round pick

Yes, don't know enough, sure, and seems a bit much. I've seen Bapsiste play a lot more than Bailey and I always viewed him a little higher. I'd like to be certain that Bailey pans out before moving either one of them. Same thing with McCabe and Pysyk. I do like Rychel though and depending on how Bailey competes until the deadline, I might be okay with the deal

Cam Fowler is an American, would love to acquire him.

More Americans!!!

:P

I too have an infatuation with Americans on the team. Partially because I love having Olympians and the ceremony at FNC after the 2010 games was great.  

He's also Canadian born :nana:

Oh ya, no way I see the trade actually happening.  That's why I'd love it if it were made.

He's the opposite Chychrun, who apparently hates America. 

The first one isn't enough for Cam Fowler. But I would do it obviously. I would do them all except the Columbus and Larsson ones.

Maybe Ennis, Gorges, a second and a fourth? That might still fall just short because of Ennis' health.

Edited by Hoss

Agree with others and the author that this last one seems unlikely. I don't see them moving any young blue liners for forwards. I will say, however, than attaining Rychel could provide immense entertainment value should he wind up on Eichel's wing. Eichel to Rychel for a goal? RJ and/or DD could have some fun with that one!

You really don't want that Yeichel call to fade away, eh? ;)

More Hoppe: Bill Hoppe @BillHoppeNHL

Working on a Jamie McGinn story/are the analytics that tell us he's no good the same that ranked Conacher & Porter as the Sabres' best Fs?

from: https://twitter.com/BillHoppeNHL/status/700008817455529984 

This guy is reeeeeeeally against trading McGinn. Can't say that I agree with him.

I dunno about that second part. I like Fowler a lot, but he's really more of a second pair guy than first pair (even though he'd likely play first pair for us). There shouldn't be a huge value gap there, especially since Ennis is cost controlled for longer.

I hope you're right, because I would love Cam Fowler here. I get my idea of his value from the trade board at hfboards, and Anaheim fans seem to scoff at the idea of anything less than Ennis+Girgensons+2nd or so. Obviously they'll overrate their guy, but if we could somehow pull off Ennis and some non-first pick, I'd be thrilled.

More Hoppe: Bill Hoppe @BillHoppeNHL

Working on a Jamie McGinn story/are the analytics that tell us he's no good the same that ranked Conacher & Porter as the Sabres' best Fs?

from: https://twitter.com/BillHoppeNHL/status/700008817455529984 

This guy is reeeeeeeally against trading McGinn. Can't say that I agree with him.

I hope you're right, because I would love Cam Fowler here. I get my idea of his value from the trade board at hfboards, and Anaheim fans seem to scoff at the idea of anything less than Ennis+Girgensons+2nd or so. Obviously they'll overrate their guy, but if we could somehow pull off Ennis and some non-first pick, I'd be thrilled.

By far the best part about that article Hoppe is working on is that he's clearly a guy who doesn't understand analytics and how to properly use them, yet he's going to pen an article about why they shouldn't be used to evaluate McGinn. Good times. "Here, let me grossly misuse this stuff I don't understand to tell you how this stuff shouldn't be used to evaluate McGinn so I can continue to brush off any viewpoint other than 'McGinn or bust.'"

By far the best part about that article Hoppe is working on is that he's clearly a guy who doesn't understand analytics and how to properly use them, yet he's going to pen an article about why they shouldn't be used to evaluate McGinn. Good times. "Here, let me grossly misuse this stuff I don't understand to tell you how this stuff shouldn't be used to evaluate McGinn so I can continue to brush off any viewpoint other than 'McGinn or bust.'"

*Sigh*

Sounds like Eric Staal is done waiting...

Ian Mendes: Eric Staal on future in Carolina: "I'm not going to be crushed if a decision is made and I'm moving on."

I wonder if Florida could be a fit if they believe he's better fit on the wing. Maybe Nashville as we know they're interested in picking up another forward.

Sounds like Eric Staal is done waiting...

Ian Mendes: Eric Staal on future in Carolina: "I'm not going to be crushed if a decision is made and I'm moving on."

I wonder if Florida could be a fit if they believe he's better fit on the wing. Maybe Nashville as we know they're interested in picking up another forward.

Him and Ward are going to be moved, or at lest gone by the end of the season when they hit UFA. Ward will probably hit UFA, because no team in their right mind would trade for him, but I don't know about Staal. His cap hit is $8.25m, can a contender with that need fit him in?

Rumors! ( Ducks)

The Montreal Canadiens shouldn’t have an issue trading Dale Weise if it comes down to it.

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-feb-18-eriksson-penguins/

• The Buffalo Sabres want a second round pick for pending UFA Jamie McGinn.
  • The Tampa Bay Lightning should look at upgrading their blue line by the deadline.
  • The Penguins are believed to be eyeing Toronto Maple Leafs blueliner Roman Polak, while Arizona Coyotesforward Mikkel Boedker could be a target up front.
  • If Eriksson does not come to terms on a new contract with the Bruins, the team will look to move him by the Feb. 29 trade deadline and several teams, including the Ducks, are expected to make a pitch for his services.
  •  
  • The Sabres are sure to try to trade Matt Moulson by the deadline, but finding a taker could be next to impossible. 

Rumors! (###### Ducks)

The Montreal Canadiens shouldn’t have an issue trading Dale Weise if it comes down to it.

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-feb-18-eriksson-penguins/

• The Buffalo Sabres want a second round pick for pending UFA Jamie McGinn.
  • The Tampa Bay Lightning should look at upgrading their blue line by the deadline.
  • The Penguins are believed to be eyeing Toronto Maple Leafs blueliner Roman Polak, while Arizona Coyotesforward Mikkel Boedker could be a target up front.
  • If Eriksson does not come to terms on a new contract with the Bruins, the team will look to move him by the Feb. 29 trade deadline and several teams, including the Ducks, are expected to make a pitch for his services.
  •  
  • The Sabres are sure to try to trade Matt Moulson by the deadline, but finding a taker could be next to impossible. 

Nothing at all against you WC, but that last item is definitely in the "liquid water is still wet category." ;)

I'm much more concerned about that Eriksson part. Both because I want Eriksson, and the Ducks grabbing him means Fowler is out of our reach

I must emphasize that this was Garth from SabresBuzz reporting this, but supposedly Murray is interested in Zemgus at the deadline, Garth suggested Zemgus for Fowler.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.