Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I think at this point Murray and the FO are more than happy to let this season be a developmental season. Next year I could see us making a move, but I would be shocked if we pulled off something major. The O'Reilly and Kane trade were his major moves, plus Lehner; he himself said he was unbelievably surprised he was able to get every player he wanted.

If we do go for a trade, I desperately want Wayne Simmonds. The price would be too high though I think

I think at this point Murray and the FO are more than happy to let this season be a developmental season. Next year I could see us making a move, but I would be shocked if we pulled off something major. The O'Reilly and Kane trade were his major moves, plus Lehner; he himself said he was unbelievably surprised he was able to get every player he wanted.

If we do go for a trade, I desperately want Wayne Simmonds. The price would be too high though I think

I'm basically talking about a cap dump that falls in our lap. A major move as far as personnel, but a minor move in regard to assets given up ala the islanders. I want a trade or two like that where we get quality cap dump assets and we solidly compete this year for the playoffs. This season could be much more than developmental with a good trade or two.

Let's Go B-Lo tells me there's a chance. I'm hoping it happens!

• 3 weeks later...

@NYP_Brooksie: Not aware that decision has been made in Columbus, but told that Jackets are looking at Tortorella and Boucher if Todd Richards is dismissed

I really like Todd Richards as a coach. Letting him go this early would be insane, and some lucky team (looking at your, Carolina) is going to love picking him up

@NYP_Brooksie: Not aware that decision has been made in Columbus, but told that Jackets are looking at Tortorella and Boucher if Todd Richards is dismissed

It's Larry Brooks so I take it with a bucket full of salt, but how in the world does Tortorella keep rearing his ugly head? First USA World Cup team, and now NHL coaching rumors. 

It's Larry Brooks so I take it with a bucket full of salt, but how in the world does Tortorella keep rearing his ugly head? First USA World Cup team, and now NHL coaching rumors. 

Well you have to consider the source. Torts and Brooksie are very close :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Supposedly the LAK are looking for another defenseman, I wonder if Weber would strike their fancy. After all he fits their persona and style. I doubt we'd get all that much for him but I can't find a way for him to effectively fit on the roster once Bogo returns and at least Cola can move faster than a glacier.

Think we could wring their 3rd rounder for Weber, a 5th and a 7th? Maybe a 4th only? 

Supposedly the LAK are looking for another defenseman, I wonder if Weber would strike their fancy. After all he fits their persona and style. I doubt we'd get all that much for him but I can't find a way for him to effectively fit on the roster once Bogo returns and at least Cola can move faster than a glacier.

Think we could wring their 3rd rounder for Weber, a 5th and a 7th? Maybe a 4th only? 

Enroth?

sabres - ducks trade coming up.

Ennis / johnson / 3rd round for Anderson - Fowler :P

I could see Fowler being a target. There were rumors about Myers to Anaheim for Fowler before, so it could be another Kane/O'Reilly situation for Murray where he sees a guy he wants and makes it happen.

That said - I'd be surprised to see a move that big this early. The Ducks are reportedly looking to shake things up, though. They want some scoring.

Don't be like that, Lehner untill the injury was our #1 goalie and I expect him to get all the chances he wants to become that.

And THAT is the concerning part. His body of work prior to the concussion and now the ankle was very suspect. To expect this guy to come back - after damn near a year of not playing - and to be better than the average to below average GT he has been to this point is pretty unrealistic.

Mark this down right now - if Murray stays status quo with his current GT'ing ( including a healthy Lehner) we are in the lottery.

Edited by sicknfla

And THAT is the concerning part. His body of work prior to the concussion and now the ankle was very suspect. To expect this guy to come back - after damn near a year of not playing - and to be better than the average to below average GT he has been to this point is pretty unrealistic.

Mark this down right now - if Murray stays status quo with his current GT'ing ( including a healthy Lehner) we are in the lottery.

With every other team that does not make the playoffs.. which is where I would have expected it this season anyway.

Oh....we'll be in the lottery either way, I think. 

Lehner's body of work compared to other goalies his age is quite good.

He was excellent as a junior and dominant in the minors.

He struggled last year and was average before that as an NHLer, but who under 25 has accomplished more in the NHL?

That said, I doubt we will see him at his best prior to February or March, if at all this year.

Well if Murray trades for Anderson , he shows he really is #ZFG. But also that he rectifies a mistake, sadly we have thrown away a 1st round pick then though.

Really wanted Kopecky or sprong :(

IMO, he isn't trading for a #1 goalie. If he trades it will be a depth goalie to help ride it out until Lehner gets back. This team isn't going to the playoffs and I don't think Murray ever planned for it to.

He will let Lehner get healthy and give him the remaining 50 or so games. If Lehner shows he may not be a #1 then Murray may look for another possible #1. As much as this sucks I just don't think he should make a panic move.

Edited by sicknfla

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.