Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

He's holding it together superbly now, but what are the odds that Liger's meltdown when Murray overpays for O'Reilly rivals this Lindy masterpiece:

I think at this point the Avs could give us O'Reilly for free and Liger will have a meltdown over the contract alone. I'm looking forward more to Liger's reaction to a trade than to actually getting O'Reilly...and to keep things in perspective, I basically want O'Reilly to adopt me :p

Who thinks Lack, Talbot and Lehner are significant upgrades on Enroth and Neuvirth?

Like 10 points in the standings difference makers?

I think they could be, but can't be certain just due to samples. I'll say this: I think they're all better than what Enroth gave us this year.

I making no argument at all other than I think Zemgus can effectively play a ROR style and be just as good if not better.

I feel weird because I like ROR, I honestly do.  I just don't like him for a ton of things in a trade, plus paying him like a top 15 player in the league.

Exactly how I feel on ROR. But that feeling gets amped up or turned down depending on what it actually costs.

Not giving both 2nds for Talbot thanks.

I'm very interested in Carolina's Skinner. Cost should be very reasonable but there must be something behind the curtain that we don't see there. He could be an incredible value or steal.

I may question the price Murray pays in any of these deals. But I am 100% on board with him so his vision is where we're going. I'm wondering though if maybe a lot of this is just smoke amongst GM's. I think he had in mind one more year before he went into high gear. I think that changed when we got Kane and now Eichel coming on and Sammy. Like I've been thinking we'll improve significantly and should contend for a playoff spot if we are adding the likes of Kane, say Skinner or ROR, plus the two kids, not to mention BOGO from the start and a goalie.

Lehner is one hit away from drinking from a straw, Talbot had a few good months and is 27yrs old, Rangers are doing the right thing wanting to cash him in.

Lack i'd rather have, but none of these deserve more than our #51 pick.

Enough free agent goalies at same level as these guys, enroth, neuvirth, ramo,

If I knew how to do it I would but somebody help me out. Go on youtube and look up the video ' back in lack ' and post it. Vancouver has a love affair with this guy. Fans have started a petition not to trade him. Radio talk hosts in Vancouver call him the identity of the team. All this for their backup. Is he the guy for us ?

If I knew how to do it I would but somebody help me out. Go on youtube and look up the video ' back in lack ' and post it. Vancouver has a love affair with this guy. Fans have started a petition not to trade him. Radio talk hosts in Vancouver call him the identity of the team. All this for their backup. Is he the guy for us ?

For whatever reason, fans almost always love the backup when the backup seems to be a standup guy. (See Buffalo fan base and Frank Reich &/or Marty Biron.)

Add in a very likely starting quality of competence and one is left to wonder, why wouldn't the Nucks' fanbase be all over the guy?

@hsimon62: from @NYP_Brooksie Rangers have received offers of multiple 2nd rnd picks and a high 2nd rd pick plus a prospect. Rangers want 1st rounder

Tim, flip em off and walk away.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: It certainly sounds like Arizona is leaning towards trading the No. 3 overall pick. Multiple teams interested, incl CBJ, WPG and perhaps BOS

Benning is willing to take a second for Lack, who Craig Button called the best goalie out of the trio of Lack, Talbot and Jones

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Keep eye on BOS. New GM Don Sweeney is "listening hard" on Milan Lucic trade possibilities. Also has Dougie Hamilton "situation."

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Goalie trade mark percolating but with multiple teams in on NYR Cam Talbot, sense is that deal needs to happen for others to follow.

@DamoSpin: It looks like picks No. 3, 8, 9 and 10 are in play tonight. That's unusual. You can watch it all unfold live tonight on Sportsnet.

Edited by BRAWNDO

Exactly how I feel on ROR. But that feeling gets amped up or turned down depending on what it actually costs.

Not giving both 2nds for Talbot thanks.

I'm very interested in Carolina's Skinner. Cost should be very reasonable but there must be something behind the curtain that we don't see there. He could be an incredible value or steal.

I may question the price Murray pays in any of these deals. But I am 100% on board with him so his vision is where we're going. I'm wondering though if maybe a lot of this is just smoke amongst GM's. I think he had in mind one more year before he went into high gear. I think that changed when we got Kane and now Eichel coming on and Sammy. Like I've been thinking we'll improve significantly and should contend for a playoff spot if we are adding the likes of Kane, say Skinner or ROR, plus the two kids, not to mention BOGO from the start and a goalie.

Concussions

For whatever reason, fans almost always love the backup when the backup seems to be a standup guy. (See Buffalo fan base and Frank Reich &/or Marty Biron.)

Add in a very likely starting quality of competence and one is left to wonder, why wouldn't the Nucks' fanbase be all over the guy?

Wondering where Daryle Lamonica is at the moment. 

Wow

@DarrenDreger: Trade interest in Boston's Dougie Hamilton is significant. Some see the Bruins offering Hamilton to Ariz for #3 pick. So much speculation.

@DamoSpin: As reported yesterday, CBJ may be pitching Anisimov, Rychel and the No. 8 pick to ARIZ for No. 3. Noah Hanifin likely Blue Jackets target.

Edited by BRAWNDO

Wow

@DarrenDreger: Trade interest in Boston's Dougie Hamilton is significant. Some see the Bruins offering Hamilton to Ariz for #3 pick. So much speculation.

@DamoSpin: As reported yesterday, CBJ may be pitching Anisimov, Rychel and the No. 8 pick to ARIZ for No. 3. Noah Hanifin likely Blue Jackets target.

The Cap problems might make for an interesting trade day.

Anisomov, Rychel and #8 for Hanifan? If I'm Arizona I do that. 

Edited by X. Benedict

This goalie market is laughable.  These teams are like gives all your picks for our backup netminders.  Most years these guys get 1 2nd round pick and that's about it.  With so many RFA and UFA goalies added to that trade pile, I think you could wait it out and still get someone decent.  It is not a sellers market with all the options.

If we are giving up 31 and 51 then I hope it is for Andrei Vasilevsky because at least he is young and good. 

Wow

I'd actually feel bad for the Arizona fans if that went down. Read their message board quite bit down the stretch for McEichel. To go from a rush for McEichel to landing Dougie Hamilton in a one for one trade would be tough to swallow. If this is a potential trade, Boston to has to be including something else. Hanifin has a lot of potential. A blueliner I'd want the Sabres to take if they were at number 3. 

Edited by Thanes16

Garrioch sighting

@hsimon62: from @SunGarrioch: #Sabres believed to be front runner for Robin Lehner. Ottawa asking for 2 high picks in 1st 2 round

Negative Ghostrider the pattern is full

What.  LMAO.  For Robin Lehner?!?!  Is Bob Murray high off his ass?

This goalie market is laughable. These teams are like gives all your picks for our backup netminders. Most years these guys get 1 2nd round pick and that's about it. With so many RFA and UFA goalies added to that trade pile, I think you could wait it out and still get someone decent. It is not a sellers market with all the options.

If we are giving up 31 and 51 then I hope it is for Andrei Vasilevsky because at least he is young and good.

Agreed. It seems these days that overvaluing goalies is the popular thing to do. I don't get it.

This goalie market is laughable.  These teams are like gives all your picks for our backup netminders.  Most years these guys get 1 2nd round pick and that's about it.  With so many RFA and UFA goalies added to that trade pile, I think you could wait it out and still get someone decent.  It is not a sellers market with all the options.

Buffalo would be stupid to include it's 3rd "1st round" pick for Lehner. Not a GM, but as the mock drafts are blown out of the water w/ teams making surprise picks/trades, have hopes Murray is pushing to move up in the draft by x amount of spots for a right winger or defenseman many felt would've been taken in the top 10. It's draft day. Anything can happen. 

Couldn't agree more. Would prefer the Sabres to draft Blackwood or Samsonov if possible in the 2nd round, and then go after an available RFA or UFA . 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.