Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Jeff Skinner's name out there quite a bit. Four more years at $5.725 M cap hit ($6 M salary). Carolina definitely open to moving him...

Also, on Martin Jones: if the price is a whole lot more than a 2nd it might just be worth offer sheeting him at the top of the 2nd round slotting. LA seems to not want to pay him a lot and if they want more than a 2nd for him we might as well force their hand.

How much would that be? What draft pick(s) would the Sabres have to give LA? 

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun

Jeff Skinner's name out there quite a bit. Four more years at $5.725 M cap hit ($6 M salary). Carolina definitely open to moving him...

Also, on Martin Jones: if the price is a whole lot more than a 2nd it might just be worth offer sheeting him at the top of the 2nd round slotting. LA seems to not want to pay him a lot and if they want more than a 2nd for him we might as well force their hand.

My only concern about Skinner is the fact that he did have the drop off in production after his concussion. There are reports that he is not the same player since that.

My only concern about Skinner is the fact that he did have the drop off in production after his concussion. There are reports that he is not the same player since that.

No chance they bite on Skinner.   He's small and damaged.    They want big, aggressive, north south type players.

The "2nd round slotting" would give LA a 2016 2nd. The top of that is $3.652M.

I'm up for that. Kings are rather tight in cap space and supposedly have 2 young, quality goaltenders to go for Jones's spot as a backup to Quick. Rumors, as you already mentioned, are out that LA would like to trade him to a team in the East. W/ Jones's limited experience it seems to be unlikely a team would give up more than a 2nd or a young prospect. Murray should offer a 2nd round pick. If that doesn't float and no other team provides what LA may want, Murray should offer 3 million. LA won't match that. Have Toffoli, Sekera and whoever else to re-sign. 

Please don't trade Zadorov. 

Don't see that happening. Buffalo's D' is beginning to hurt in depth. Sure, free agents, not sure how many are legit, will be available, but the Sabres have a team coming together. Zadorov seems to be a major part of that. I'm not saying I'm completely against Zadorov being traded. But Buffalo had better get something to be excited about. Let me add Zadorov alone will not get that "something" we'd all want. It will take him, this, that and possibly the other. 

Edited by Thanes16

So much for LA's cap issues...

With Voynov off the books, the #LAKings have roughly $59.98M spent on 16 players for 15-16. In the process of trying to learn more...

They suspended him? Smart move, but that can't last indefinitely, can it?

Kings still in trouble if they want to re-sign Sekera and save room next year for Kopitar, but that's a big help.

Edited by dudacek

Please don't trade Zadorov. 

I don't think they'll dump him, and I think if he gets his stuff together he could be the kind of player GMTM likes -- but I also think GMTM will pull the trigger in a second if it gets him ROR or someone else he really wants.

We tanked two complete seasons and have Reinhart and Eichel to show for it.  Two of the top three forwards from both drafts combined.  I'm perfectly happy to see where those two horses take us.

I never thought of it in this way, and that even makes me more excited. I feel like Reinhart is the forgotten one, I think that will fuel him. I hope it does.

*Something else that came across my mind...didn't we give up our 2nd round pick next year for Gorges? Wouldn't that hurt RFA offer sheet opportunities, say, for Jones?

Edited by Bob Malooga

I never thought of it in this way, and that even makes me more excited. I feel like Reinhart is the forgotten one, I think that will fuel him. I hope it does.

*Something else that came across my mind...didn't we give up our 2nd round pick next year for Gorges? Wouldn't that hurt RFA offer sheet opportunities, say, for Jones?

Sabres have all the picks needed for offer sheets.

Gorges was acquired with one of the picks we got for Moulson, I believe.

I don't think they'll dump him, and I think if he gets his stuff together he could be the kind of player GMTM likes -- but I also think GMTM will pull the trigger in a second if it gets him ROR or someone else he really wants.

I wouldn't even trade Zadorov for ROR. I don't think this team needs ROR. If the trade happens and ROR turns out to be awesome I am willing to change my mind but I don't get it. They play bad aquire all those draft picks and great players and then we we trade them for other players. What about developing those players. I am dreaming of players that turn out to be awesome who were drafted by Buffalo. But now we are talking about trading Zadorov or Reinhart. And who says that Girgensons can not turn out to be a player like ROR. Maybe he doesnt put up as many points as ROR but it if Girgensons turns out to be Dustin Brown like player I AM TOTALLY FINE with that.

I wouldn't even trade Zadorov for ROR. I don't think this team needs ROR. If the trade happens and ROR turns out to be awesome I am willing to change my mind but I don't get it. They play bad aquire all those draft picks and great players and then we we trade them for other players. What about developing those players. I am dreaming of players that turn out to be awesome who were drafted by Buffalo. But now we are talking about trading Zadorov or Reinhart. And who says that Girgensons can not turn out to be a player like ROR. Maybe he doesnt put up as many points as ROR but ###### it if Girgensons turns out to be Dustin Brown like player I AM TOTALLY FINE with that.

They played badly to acquire assets.  Assets that could be developed OR moved as needed to acquire other assets.  Murray is on record as saying he wants an accelerated rebuild, and that he is willing to move prospects and picks for other young players to make that happen.  It's almost inevitable that some of what we've acquired by losing is going to be shipped off for different parts.

They played badly to acquire assets.  Assets that could be developed OR moved as needed to acquire other assets.  Murray is on record as saying he wants an accelerated rebuild, and that he is willing to move prospects and picks for other young players to make that happen.  It's almost inevitable that some of what we've acquired by losing is going to be shipped off for different parts.

Still I don't wanna look around the league in a few years and think ... look zadorov is awesome, reinhart is awesome. we had them ... yeah we got other awesome players in return but I don't only look at skill. playing style is important for me as well and especially zadorov can be that guy down the road (like Hedman for example) who takes things into his own hands when its getting serious.

Still I don't wanna look around the league in a few years and think ... look zadorov is awesome, reinhart is awesome. we had them ... yeah we got other awesome players in return but I don't only look at skill. playing style is important for me as well and especially zadorov can be that guy down the road (like Hedman for example) who takes things into his own hands when its getting serious.

I completely understand this sentiment. Being here on the ground floor, as they say, of the rebuild we are being introduced to an array of incredibly talented prospects. They become "ours." They're Sabres. We as fans want to see all the promise and potential come to fruition. We want that payoff for all of the hope and faith we have been holding onto. But in the end Weave is right, asset management is very important. IMO, it is the most important aspect of a rebuild. It's the constant manipulation of the roster to the point of having just the right personal combination to finally win that Stanley Cup.

Edited by DeLuca1967

I completely understand this sentiment. Being here on the ground floor, as they say, of the rebuild we are being introduced to an array of incredibly talented prospects. They become "ours." They're Sabres. We as fans want to see ass the promise and potential come to fruition. We want that payoff for all of the hope and faith we have been holding onto. But in the end Weave is right, asset management is very important. IMO, it is the most important aspect of a rebuild. It's the constant manipulation of the roster to the point of having just the right personal combination to finally win that Stanley Cup.

Speaking only for myself, it depends on who's on display.

I wouldn't even trade Zadorov for ROR. I don't think this team needs ROR. If the trade happens and ROR turns out to be awesome I am willing to change my mind but I don't get it. They play bad aquire all those draft picks and great players and then we we trade them for other players. What about developing those players. I am dreaming of players that turn out to be awesome who were drafted by Buffalo. But now we are talking about trading Zadorov or Reinhart. And who says that Girgensons can not turn out to be a player like ROR. Maybe he doesnt put up as many points as ROR but ###### it if Girgensons turns out to be Dustin Brown like player I AM TOTALLY FINE with that.

My sentiments exactly, but murray needs to do whatever he thinks will bring us to  the stanley cup.   Would hate seeing Reinhart, Zadorov or Girgensons be traded though.

Grigorenko to but even i can see he is a longshot to crack our top 9 .

SCHOPP is the only one I've heard utter that nonsense.

That's exactly what that is. Total nonsense. It's talk like that which makes me not listen to WGR. They love to rile up the uninformed masses with mindless speculation so they have something to talk about for the next four hours.

Reinhart is not being traded. If we didn't have Eichel he would be our #1 center going forward for the next 10 years. Since we have Ike, he gets to be a top notch #2 center.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.