Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I kinda of like the idea of Edmonton trading for #3.  RNH for #3?  Would you do that? I would think I might in this draft.  

Actually if I was Edmonton I would pick either Hall, RNH  or Draisaitl and trade for #3.  With that pick you could take Hanifin or Marner (Strome not so much) and actually start to build a real team.  IMPO 1 of edmontons many problems is they draft a ton of finesse and lack hard working grit.  

I kinda of like the idea of Edmonton trading for #3. RNH for #3? Would you do that? I would think I might in this draft.

Actually if I was Edmonton I would pick either Hall, RNH or Draisaitl and trade for #3. With that pick you could take Hanifin or Marner (Strome not so much) and actually start to build a real team. IMPO 1 of edmontons many problems is they draft a ton of finesse and lack hard working grit.

I think you're on to something (if this report is true). McDavid AND Hanifin? Convince Hanifin to play right away if they want to. Have Nurse and Hanifin anchor the top pairing for years.

Sam Reinhart?

Now that, that would be something. I'm inclined to doubt it just because Murray seems to be going after the same thing as Arizona right now, young, established players. But it's definitely an interesting thought

What would the thought be if it turned out to be Reinhart for the #3 pick? Would anyone make that deal?

Nope. We've needed centers for a long time, and Reinhart's proven more than capable in his junior career to be a fantastic 2nd line center. I'd have to be getting more back, like Domi or OEL in a package, and I doubt Arizona wants to do that. 

I doubt it is Reinhart.  Murray likes him a lot and he has improved a ton this past season. No reason to trade him.

I still like the idea of RNH for #3.  Then Edm could draft Marner to play on McDavid's wing.  That would be something.

I doubt it is Reinhart. Murray likes him a lot and he has improved a ton this past season. No reason to trade him.

I still like the idea of RNH for #3. Then Edm could draft Marner to play on McDavid's wing. That would be something.

Zero chance they're moving RNH to get to 3 in order to take a winger. They'd be all over Hanifin.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maloney-weighing-options-with-third-overall-pick/

“There’s been so many different things kind of pushed my way of late I can honestly sit here and say I don’t know (what I’ll do),” he told Sportsnet on Tuesday. “There’s one team really aggressively trying to get No. 3, and we’d trade down a bit. “I’ve had two offers outright for that pick.”

Don Maloney has two solid offers it sounds like.

I think it is going to be three years before people start really appreciating Samson around here.

I'm not sure he'll ever be fully appreciated for what he brings to the table. His cerebral game just doesn't pop visually (other than the passing), and through only TV viewing it'll be even harder to see the little things.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/leafs-beat/mirtle-nhl-teams-ready-to-move-picks-and-stars-as-trade-talks-heat-up/article25051119/?cmpid=rss1&click=dlvr.it

James Mirtle mentions that Duchene could be dealt if the Avs don't get what they want for O'Reilly... Yes please.

Cant even imagine the package it would take to land Duchene. 21st, Reinhart and Zadorov?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.