Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Probably right, it makes sense. I still think he'd be a fool to trade it away. 

I tend to agree.  The only team I might trade with is Toronto because I think they want Dylan Strome badly and if you are sold on Marner you could move back 1 slot and still get your guy.  If Toronto offered #4, #65 and a top prospect (Say Matt Finn for instance) then Phoenix should consider it.

I tend to agree.  The only team I might trade with is Toronto because I think they want Dylan Strome badly and if you are sold on Marner you could move back 1 slot and still get your guy.  If Toronto offered #4, #65 and a top prospect (Say Matt Finn for instance) then Phoenix should consider it.

If Arizona can trade back and still get their guy, it makes a ton of sense to do so--especially if they're indifferent on Strome/Marner and their trade partner wants Hanifin.

I guess I'm just bewildered by the following

BRAWNDO, on 23 Jun 2015 - 3:05 PM, said:
Coyotes listening to offers
@azc_mclellan: Talk for a potential trade package for #Coyotes' third pick has run the gamut: NHL-ready players, prospects and picks, Maloney said.

Damn

@CraigCustance: One of the offers Coyotes are mulling for the No. 3 pick is for a young player good enough they wouldn't get another 1st back in the deal.

Now who could that possibly be? It's an extremely limited window of teams we're looking at here. Edmonton getting rid of Yak or Drasaitl? Nylander in Toronto? I'm having a really hard time finding a team with an extremely talent and young player that wants to get rid of it in exchange for a the same thing, though younger and perhaps more talented. 

The only player that is young enough and on the trade block that could be valued for a #3 pick would be?  ROR I suppose?

Skinner is rumored to be on the block, though he's a UFA after next year. I thought ROR too, but IMO he's not someone you build around, and neither is Skinner. 

Edited by WildCard

Damn

@CraigCustance: One of the offers Coyotes are mulling for the No. 3 pick is for a young player good enough they wouldn't get another 1st back in the deal.

Let's pretend this is true -- who are we thinking? Would have to be somebody that's on a roster because I think they would need to KNOW to move it. Not for a prospect.

Huberdeau? Somebody in Detroit?

Who are some guys that fall into that category?

The only player that is young enough and on the trade block that could be valued for a #3 pick would be?  ROR I suppose?

Be honest: if ROR is valued at the #3 overall pick this year, would your head explode? :p

I guess I'm just bewildered by the following

Now that I agree with. You'd think they'd have a very specific type of target they'd want in return.

Let's pretend this is true -- who are we thinking? Would have to be somebody that's on a roster because I think they would need to KNOW to move it. Not for a prospect.

I can't even imagine a team in that position to simultaneously rebuild while not rebuilding. Huberdeau is a possibility, though there would have to be a ton more going to Arizona, and if that quote is correct it doesn't mean the #11 overall pick Florida holds, nor does it include Ekblad I would imagine. Barkov would probably be included.

My immediate thoughts went to Tarasenko, Forsberg, and perhaps somebody like Tyler Johnson.

My immediate thoughts went to Tarasenko, Forsberg, and perhaps somebody like Tyler Johnson.

Now Tarasenko I could definitely see, though it would indicate an immediate sign of a full-blown sale in St.Louis, which would be really interesting

My thoughts went to the first two, but they didn't reach Johnson. Considered Drouin but I think he value is pretty low compared to the #3 pick right now.

That would be so stupid for Columbus to do.

Agreed, and with their #8 overall pick not in play, I don't get it. They'd have 2 top 10 picks, and they just seem like a team that is in that position, especially given how well they finished last year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.