Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Anderson is like 25 and just took them deep into the playoffs. Many, many outlets have said Gibson could be available. I'll take him for OUR #1, but I still think we need a veteran.

That's a different story.  In your previous post you wanted to acquire Gibson for Rochester.  Now you want him to be the Sabres starter in the fall.

:blink:  :blink:

Not sure, England maybe? We met someone out in Canada one night who was complaining about it over there. Not sure it's entirely accurate, but a quick google search shows 26 week waiting time isn't uncommon

I break a rib I walk into any emergency room and get an xray and its set then and there. I have waited in emergency for non life threatening situations up to 5 hours before but those wait times you listed are probably more for stuff like shoulder surgery which I'll admit isn't ideal. We're slowly going towards a  mix of private and socialized model. Granted that only really benefits the wealthy but it will clear up wait lists if some are electing to go private and pay themselves. Our system is far from perfect in that regard but the care is top notch as far as quality of personal and technology. I can go into how much care my son received when he dealt with his sickness but it would fill a couple pages. All of it was essentially free when you consider how little we pay. 

I don't ever want to see Kessel as a Sabre. He's a fat, lazy prima donna moron with a bad attitude, no concept of team, and no real drive. I agree with Thorny that his demise will be sooner than later, because he doesn't care.

I'm happier than a pig in poop that he's in Toronto and I hope he stays there forever.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/without-no-1-pick-islanders-will-look-for-value-deals-1.10564342?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Kyle Okposo maybe on the block. Has 120 points in past two seasons. Has one year left on his deal.

Retinal Detachment might scare a few teams off

If true I want him yesterday. The Isles can have their pick back plus a few more solid pieces.

If true I want him yesterday. The Isles can have their pick back plus a few more solid pieces.

I'll pass on that. I'd give them 21 and Compher, nothing more. I know that doesn't get it done, but IMO that's what he's worth. There are much better opportunities out there to use 21 in leverage than using it for Okposo 

I'll pass on that. I'd give them 21 and Compher, nothing more. I know that doesn't get it done, but IMO that's what he's worth. There are much better opportunities out there to use 21 in leverage than using it for Okposo

27 years old. True right wing. Big body...

51 points in 60 games this year

69 in 71 the year before

What more could you want? (If it's an extension then I understand)

27 years old. True right wing. Big body...

51 points in 60 games this year

69 in 71 the year before

What more could you want? (If it's an extension then I understand)

They'll want NHL ready guys right now along with their 21st back to replace him. Who're we going to send them?

And yes, the extension is a concern, as is the injury. 

They'll want NHL ready guys right now along with their 21st back to replace him. Who're we going to send them?

And yes, the extension is a concern, as is the injury.

If the eye is fine then I'm not worried one bit about it. Extension is a concern with him and O'Reilly. Obviously would want to have some discussions before making a trade happen. I would give similar value for Okposo compared to O'Reilly. A bit less.

It's starting to seem that impatience is creeping in. Sharp, Kessel and now Okposo? IMO, we are getting ahead of ourselves. These are moves that make sense a few years down the road. O'Reilly makes more sense due to his age.

ROR would be my ideal choice as well, but if the cost of Okoposo is much less, that is the direction GMTM should go in. If the price for Okoposo is 21 and a mid level prospect, I would rather do that then Zads, 21 plus for ROR

Edited by BRAWNDO

It's starting to seem that impatience is creeping in. Sharp, Kessel and now Okposo? IMO, we are getting ahead of ourselves. These are moves that make sense a few years down the road. O'Reilly makes more sense due to his age.

I don't think any posters have wanted more than one of the three. I don't think impatience is creeping in. A couple want Sharp, a couple want Kessel and a couple want Okposo. I don't want or expect O'Reilly and Okposo either. One or the other would be nice.

I don't ever want to see Kessel as a Sabre. He's a fat, lazy prima donna moron with a bad attitude, no concept of team, and no real drive. I agree with Thorny that his demise will be sooner than later, because he doesn't care.

I'm happier than a pig in poop that he's in Toronto and I hope he stays there forever.

Let's not blame the fat on Kessell He has some type of medical condition. Not that Murray should exclude Kessel's weight from his rating of him. But let's not slam the guy for that.  ;)

And no, I do not want Kessell on the Sabres. I agree w/ the other things you had to say. Especially the hope of Toronto being unable to trade him. 

I still want Wayne Simmonds

I want to marry Jennifer Lawrence.

ROR would be my ideal choice as well, but if the cost of Okoposo is much less, that is the direction GMTM should go in. If the price for Okoposo is 21 and a mid level prospect, I would rather do that then Zads, 21 plus for ROR

Okposo is just a hair under a PPG player for two straight years (even the stretch when Tavares was out), no way he's cheap.

I don't think any posters have wanted more than one of the three. I don't think impatience is creeping in. A couple want Sharp, a couple want Kessel and a couple want Okposo. I don't want or expect O'Reilly and Okposo either. One or the other would be nice.

O'Reilly is the player I hope for. However, as I believe you and others have mentioned in other posts, the costs will be high. Not only for the trade, but the risk involved w/ re-signing O'Reilly. Reports are out he may want 8 mill a year for 8 seasons? A bit too much in my opinion. Especially w/ the players Buffalo will have to re-sign in 2 to 3 years. If Colorado were to re-sign him and the Sabres had a chance to make a trade offer, it'd be worth considering. Simply because the risk of not being able to re-sign him is no longer there. But in my opinion if Colorado managed to make deal w/ him, especially one of that size, why would they want to trade him? Making a deal like that is more or less saying the Avalanche never wanted to lose O'Reilly and they have him set in their long term plans. 

I want to marry Jennifer Lawrence.

He can't cost any more than O'Reilly is going to demand, and given where Philly is in their rebuild it may be an easier trade for us as we have way more prospects/picks to work with than NHL players that Colorado wants

I agree. Now is the time to trade for that young player/players that is about to break out and that can grow with this team. Selling the farm at this point is loosing sight of the plan imo .

I agree. Now is the time to trade for that young player/players that is about to break out and that can grow with this team. Selling the farm at this point is loosing sight of the plan imo .

I also agree. Didn't Murray make a comment on how he wants players to be 25ish? 

He can't cost any more than O'Reilly is going to demand, and given where Philly is in their rebuild it may be an easier trade for us as we have way more prospects/picks to work with than NHL players that Colorado wants

Even if it may make some sense for Philly to trade Simmonds, that's precisely why I dismiss it. After all, this is a team that decided investing long term in Grossman, Schenn (Luke, the crappy one), Mark Streit and Andy MacDonald was a good idea as the core of their defense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.