Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Would you trade all of Buffalo's 2017 picks long with Moulson and Ennis for a couple of expiring contracts? We would still have Minnesota's second and Washington's third rounder and get rid of those asshats.

So just to check, you want to trade our entire 2017 draft just to get rid of Moulson and Ennis?

That doesn't make sense for a number of reasons. The value is way off. Those picks and players have value. It's not like they are Leino. You always need to maximize the value and that would be like pissing against the wind.

So just to check, you want to trade our entire 2017 draft just to get rid of Moulson and Ennis?

That doesn't make sense for a number of reasons. The value is way off. Those picks and players have value. It's not like they are Leino. You always need to maximize the value and that would be like pissing against the wind.

Warms you up on a cold day!

Would you trade all of Buffalo's 2017 picks long with Moulson and Ennis for a couple of expiring contracts? We would still have Minnesota's second and Washington's third rounder and get rid of those asshats.

This is like a reverse Wookie proposal :lol:

Small correction: Moulson is most definitely Leino.

Find me the actual return value of those players and I'll eat an endless buffet of crow.

Moulson is not Leino imo.

You're right, he's actually worse because he's more expensive. Moulson is a net negative on the ice just like Leino was.

Find me the actual return value of those players and I'll eat an endless buffet of crow.

There is zero value in Moulson, but that doesn't mean it's worth an entire draft to get rid of him. And Ennis still has a reasonable chance to return next year and reestablish value. If his concussion is career threatening, then we stash him on LTIR and get out from under the cap hit for free (well, minus Pegula's wallet).

it's not a question a can answer. Ennis is easily wOrth a pick healthy, Moulson I don't believe is as bad as he appears, he doesn't fit Bylsma system. But adding our 1st round pick to Moulson is crazy talk.

You're right, he's actually worse because he's more expensive. Moulson is a net negative on the ice just like Leino was.

Is Moulson really more expensive than Leino was? Leino was the "second best" FA "center" available the year of the Richards saga. I recall him signing for a pretty nice contract, there's no way that was lower than $5M/yr. Maybe my recollection is piss poor though. :unsure: 

Is Moulson really more expensive than Leino was? Leino was the "second best" FA "center" available the year of the Richards saga. I recall him signing for a pretty nice contract, there's no way that was lower than $5M/yr. Maybe my recollection is piss poor though. :unsure:

Leino's cap hit was $4.5 million. Hey, I never said Moulson was a lot more expensive :)

it's not a question a can answer. Ennis is easily wOrth a pick healthy, Moulson I don't believe is as bad as he appears, he doesn't fit Bylsma system. But adding our 1st round pick to Moulson is crazy talk.

I really dislike Bylsma. I'd be thrilled if he miraculously got canned after this year. But Moulson's not on him. The guy is finished, and the signs he was going downhill were there before Bylsma got here.

Leino's cap hit was $4.5 million. Hey, I never said Moulson was a lot more expensive :)

I really dislike Bylsma. I'd be thrilled if he miraculously got canned after this year. But Moulson's not on him. The guy is finished, and the signs he was going downhill were there before Bylsma got here.

Thanks TrueBlue. I was just glad I was able to execute the rare double air quotes comment in my original post. :thumbsup:

I want Eriksson on this team today. He would make a great addition next year

Sorry, but you're talking about an in-season trade with a playoff team, for an unrestricted free agent on pace for 75 or so points.  Not to mention an in-division rival to a bottom feeder.  0.0000000000000% chance that happens.  Buffalo selling not adding.  Eriksson is a heck of a player, who you can overpay in the offseason.  However, even then that seems unlikely.

Edited by TheCerebral1

I have a feeling a lot of Sabres fans expecting big things today are going to be sorely disappointed. After last year's remake of the whole roster in the few weeks around deadline day, today I'm thinking all we will see is trading away UFA's like Chad Johnson and McGinn for a few picks. Nothing to see here.

I have a feeling a lot of Sabres fans expecting big things today are going to be sorely disappointed. After last year's remake of the whole roster in the few weeks around deadline day, today I'm thinking all we will see is trading away UFA's like Chad Johnson and McGinn for a few picks. Nothing to see here.

I think you're right. Though I'm still holding out hope to offload Gorges and cheaply add the young players Ottawa is dangling (Wiercioch and Prince).

This is what I'm thinking.

I think you're right. Though I'm still holding out hope to offload Gorges and cheaply add the young players Ottawa is dangling (Wiercioch and Prince).

Me too, and I have a feeling that there won't be a buyer for CJ.

I'd say it's 90% likely that McGinn gets traded today, Franson and CJ are both around 50%, Foligno and Larsson are around 25% and a bigger name like Zemgus around 10%.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.