Be honest: Dumbest hockey thing you ever posted

BetweenThePipes00

Was having trouble with this until Luke Adam's name came up. I thought he'd be a viable top 6 center. Was dead convinced of it.

He was convinced of it too, that inevitably was the problem. Do work son!!

Edit: Oh and I was absolutely convinced we'd get McDavid and Babcock.

I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised in a few years. Loved that he told GMTM he'll be better than McDavid. Also said he was thrilled Sabres got 2nd pick. Me likely.

During one of the Ducks' down years there were Myers/Getzlaf rumors, as Getzlaf was in a huge slump and it seemed Myers might need a change of scenery. I think this was during one of our two playoff seasons post-black-Sunday, and even though I knew we had little center depth, I was dead set against trading Myers for Getzlaf, whether we had to add or not. Pretty silly of me.

This isn't as dumb as it now sounds.  Myers was locked up on his current contract, and Getzlaf would've been a year and a half rental for us.  Hanging on to him and getting value from Myers in the WPG trade is likely better for us in the long run.  Getz might have resigned with us, but in the dark days of the tank, most likely not.

A drunk post i made when i just joined when i was getting tired of all the negativity being posted pretty much bashing on all you guys :p (sabres were on a bad stretch and in line to get the 9th spot again).

My second mistake will be believing grigorenko will be in our top 6.

A drunk post i made when i just joined when i was getting tired of all the negativity being posted pretty much bashing on all you guys :P (sabres were on a bad stretch and in line to get the 9th spot again).

My second mistake will be believing grigorenko will be in our top 6.

Noooooo! We lost Heimdall!

I have to go with my unshakeable belief that Ville was a real talent.  I defended him to the hilt.  He then went on to score 0, zip, zilch, nada goals in a season.

I still believe Ville had a ton of talent. What we didn't know is that he had less drive than Dale McCourt. 

Here's the fart to clear the biggest room ever.

I was okay with Darcy until Pegula bought the team. There I said it.

I was also cool with the Leino signing, and the Vanek signing.

Why the heck do you think I'm here? My judgment needs a good slap in the face sometimes, and this is a good place for it!

great topic by the way

Noooooo! We lost Heimdall!

I just can't see it anymore, the kid will have to make a huge improvement and play at RW.   I have my doubts with Eichel coming to.

That being said if he becomes a 3C i would be happy to.  We'll be rolling out 3 lines i hope next year.

Edited by Heimdall

I was pretty certain that Denis Hamel was going to be a perennial all-star and then the Islanders went and screwed that one up. I still dislike them because of it.

As others have said, I still believe in CoHo so that one could always come back and make me look pretty dumb. 

I complimented Darcy on moves made.  And less than two weeks later he was ousted.  Easily said, folly on me.  I cannot think of anything else major.  I thought Moulson would continue to be a 25-30 goal scorer, but you cannot fault that without a true center. 

I will pick a common theme, which is I thought Leino was going to be our savior. Urgh!

But there is one that slipped away from me and I wish I could bottle back up: (And this is the reason I do not disclose personal information for the fear of my house being burned down.) I suggested that the fans take action in the final Pittsburgh game to have the game forfeit resulting in an automatic victory for Pittsburgh, but more important, a clinching loss for Buffalo. It never came down to it as Buffalo lost in Columbus and clinched last. The happy ending is that I wasn't chastised too bad for saying something dumb, but I also wasn't arrested for doing something dumb.

I will pick a common theme, which is I thought Leino was going to be our savior. Urgh!

But there is one that slipped away from me and I wish I could bottle back up: (And this is the reason I do not disclose personal information for the fear of my house being burned down.) I suggested that the fans take action in the final Pittsburgh game to have the game forfeit resulting in an automatic victory for Pittsburgh, but more important, a clinching loss for Buffalo. It never came down to it as Buffalo lost in Columbus and clinched last. The happy ending is that I wasn't chastised too bad for saying something dumb, but I also wasn't arrested for doing something dumb.

I think we need to award this thread's championship belt to this one.

If it had come down to that last game I think I would have been right there with you...

I think we need to award this thread's championship belt to this one.

I posted on the newbie thread -- how can we be more civil to one another, especially the newbies? My response, was if you were standing in front of them, would you say your comment to their face???

In this instance, if you would have said that to my face, I would have laughed and spit my lunch all of you instead of my computer screen.

If it had come down to that last game I think I would have been right there with you...

I appreciate the moral support. Or are you just trying to be co-owner of the championship belt?

I don't know if I posted these, but:

--Back in 2007 or so, I thought Drew Stafford was going to be a hell of a player.

--I was excited at the idea of Ville Leino.  

--I didn't think JP Dumont was a big loss.

--I didn't think JP Dumont was a big loss.

I *meh'd* that for several hours too when it happened, but then I happened to meet up with a buddy of mine the next day who's, by far, the most knowledgeable hockey guy I know (IRL, and maybe otherwise). He was super gloomy about the decision to let JP walk (was it an arb? I forget). I think it was the first time I heard (or took note of) the use of the term "heavy" in the way it's so commonly used nowadays -- I remember my friend describing Dumont as being "hard and heavy as a motherf##er on that puck." 

I was really happy when the Sabres first matched Edmonton's offer sheet for Vanek. Looking back now we should've started the massive rebuild right then after 23 and 48 walked for nothing. I wonder how good those four 1st round picks would have ended up being.

I was really happy when the Sabres first matched Edmonton's offer sheet for Vanek. Looking back now we should've started the massive rebuild right then after 23 and 48 walked for nothing. I wonder how good those four 1st round picks would have ended up being.

At the time it wasn't even an option. That day was terrible and there was no way you could have convinced the fanbase (or me) that we needed to rebuild after back to back ECFs. We were coming off the most amazing season.

I was 100% confident that the Sabres would still be a contender in the EC after losing Drury and Briere.

I would have thought you would have gone with thinking Steve Montador , may he rest in peace, was a top four defenseman. 

For myself, thinking Derek Roy's talent would out weigh his immaturity.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.