WildCard

Does he only site when both teams are on a back to back, in the playoffs? If not, his numbers mean nothing.

I guess we should complain about them making teams play until someone wins as well. In the regular season they only have to play 5 minute OTs. Sometimes these guys play 2 full games,… in one night, and and we don't think they are capable of playing B2Bs? Give me a break.

Soft...

I think players are definitely capable.  Most of them would tell you that they don't care about back to backs at any point in the season.  It's a conversation being had by fans about the quality of the game.  

And Mattpie made a really good point about back to backs and OT.

Thing is, I think it's pretty rare for two teams to play each other on the second half of a back to back and both go with the same goaltender as game 1. So I doubt overall scoring is meaningfully impacted. Furthermore, if we seeing more scoring because of crappy goaltending rather than better offense, I'm not sure that's a win for the sport.

No offense but those memes are stupid. Such a misrepresentation.

I know where you are going.  However, I've never seen fans not cheer a goal because a backup was in net.  The whole idea here is that back to back games in the playoffs would be bad. in the playoffs you would have the same teams and same goalies.  So if the .1 drop in save % occurred it would be within those parameters. 

In short.. I think we can all say there is no definitive data that would prove/disprove the back to back theory at this point time. So, it's back to personal preference.

I know where you are going. However, I've never seen fans not cheer a goal because a backup was in net. The whole idea here is that back to back games in the playoffs would be bad. in the playoffs you would have the same teams and same goalies. So if the .1 drop in save % occurred it would be within those parameters.

In short.. I think we can all say there is no definitive data that would prove/disprove the back to back theory at this point time. So, it's back to personal preference.

You must have missed the tank :p

Point taken.

You must have missed the tank :P

Point taken.

Only in the FNC baby :thumbsup:

I know where you are going.  However, I've never seen fans not cheer a goal because a backup was in net.  The whole idea here is that back to back games in the playoffs would be bad. in the playoffs you would have the same teams and same goalies.  So if the .1 drop in save % occurred it would be within those parameters. 

Living in Tampa it is amazing to see all the hockey fans coming out of the woodwork. Half these so-called Lightning fans couldn't tell you who Steven Stamkos is.

Just like the first Cup finals I will be going to at least one game and cheering my ass off. However, as a diehard Sabre fan it will really be BS if I witness TB win 2 Cups before we win one. Just isn't right.

Just don't change your avatar. :P

Separately................

AHL plays back2backs.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Just don't change your avatar. :P

Separately................

AHL plays back2backs.

The AHL also does 2-3-2 format, and I *think*, 3 games in 3 days during the regular season. I have to think that playoff format is cost-related.

The AHL also does 2-3-2 format, and I *think*, 3 games in 3 days during the regular season. I have to think that playoff format is cost-related.

Good point. Utica and Grand Rapids would have gone to back2back both in Utica had GR's won last night.

To follow up, in 2010 Milwaukee had 8 instances of 3-games-in-3-nights on the schedule (it happened to pop up in the search at the top). the blog post mentioned that AHL teams often pack as many games as possible onto the weekend to get better crowds.

http://admiralsroundtable.com/2010/10/21/managing-three-games-in-three-nights/

Two minutes in and already Chicago is lucky that they aren't down 3-0.

------------------

And Patrick Kane just proves even more that Schopp is an idiot.

W

O

W

!!!!!!

Edited by SwampD

Two minutes in and already Chicago is lucky that they aren't down 3-0.

------------------

And Patrick Kane just proves even more that Schopp is an idiot.

W

O

W

!!!!!!

What did Schopp say?

Tampa has been dominating this so far. They look like a younger squad looking to make their mark (that's because they are).

I don't expect them to keep it up for the entire series, but they may eat up the energy of the stadium for the first two games.

Chicago should be able to make use of their experience advantage as the series gets older.

-

One thing that has always bothered me about hockey coverage is that they take the time and score off during stoppages. That's when I want to see the time. When they are playing, I'm watching them playing. It's stupid.

Someone zoomed in your screen.

Hit the pound sign.

Don't have one. Only picture options I have format the same incomplete picture to the tv screen in various ways (besides 'zoom', which I'm not on). It's driving me up a wall right now. 

In his list he had him somewhere between 25 and 35 or something.

Depends on criteria. He's great on offense but not on defense and is relatively small. If you're talking about all around talent including defensemen and goalies, it's possible.

Don't have one. Only picture options I have format the same incomplete picture to the tv screen in various ways (besides 'zoom', which I'm not on). It's driving me up a wall right now.

My cable box does its own zoom. Not the TV remote.

-

Looks like that little tap by Kane was just enough to through Bishop into a tizzy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.