All about the Babwatch -- Sabres out

matter2003

And the two old pals in Buffalo couldn't have made that work?

Any fan of Sabres history should realize that a GM/coach doesn't work. The Sabres walked away from a ticking time bomb today. The Leafs just paid top dollar for 5 more years directionless mediocrity.

The Buffalo Cycle continues.  Ebullience in the fan base at the prospect of landing a big name (in this case Babcock) and then when the inevitable fail occurs, the same fan base fatalistically shrugs its collective shoulders and offers a number of reasons why it really wasn't a good idea to be interested in that big name in the first place.   LOL 

Edited by Jsixspd

Any fan of Sabres history should realize that a GM/coach doesn't work. The Sabres walked away from a ticking time bomb today. The Leafs just paid top dollar for 5 more years directionless mediocrity.

Or... Maybe it works this time.  It'll probably be a good 3 years before we know anything.  Toronto is in for some suffering, that's for sure.  If Babs is able to turn them around without a terrible season or so then he's Hockey Jesus.

The Buffalo Cycle continues.  Ebullience in the fan base at the prospect of landing a big name (in this case Babcock) and then when the inevitable fail occurs, the same fan base fatalistically shrugs its collective shoulders and offers a number of reasons why it really wasn't a good idea to be interested in that big name in the first place.   LOL 

Please.  It's an every fan base thing.

what are you talking about.? Buffalo has doen well with big names especially recently.. Just because this one didn't go our way doesn't change that

Or... Maybe it works this time.  It'll probably be a good 3 years before we know anything.  Toronto is in for some suffering, that's for sure.  If Babs is able to turn them around without a terrible season or so then he's Hockey Jesus.

Seriously - what else can we do?

Same thing after you get dumped by a girl.    :cry:

Yeah, but the difference being -  most other fan bases at least enjoy some success now and then.  

I'm just a little bummed right now - if we could snare Quenneville or Sutter,  this latest disappointment would be all forgotten.   :)

Edited by Jsixspd

Meh, maybe not my finest hour. We'll see what shakes out. It was written out of disappointment. How many times can we finish second? It's uncanny

I hope you don't think I was coming at you personally, b/c I wasn't. I could see it was written out of disappointment. While all signs are pointing to TO granting Babs shared personnel control with Shanny as the dealmaker, that is not a model for success. If that's what Babs wanted, he wasn't going to get it with a GM like TM.

:thumbsup:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :D

what are you talking about.? Buffalo has doen well with big names especially recently.. Just because this one didn't go our way doesn't change that

I'm as excited about the Sabres future as anyone but name someone other then Moulson and McCormick that had a choice and came here. The Sabres continue to get the second tier college free agents, European free agents and now coaching free agents. Winning may change that but for right now, it is the truth.

I'm as excited about the Sabres future as anyone but name someone other then Moulson and McCormick that had a choice and came here. The Sabres continue to get the second tier college free agents, European free agents and now coaching free agents. Winning may change that but for right now, it is the truth.

Ehrhoff, Leino, Gorges, Gionta, Meszaros, off the top of my head.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.