All about the Babwatch -- Sabres out

matter2003

It was before July 1 but the point still stands.

'We'll never know what happened on July 1.'

'This happened on July 1.'

'Uh, that didn't happen on July 1.'

'Yeah, but it should have.'

:lol:

PS - the Drury offer sat on TG's desk, not LQ's. And he did EVENTUALLY agree to sign it; but well after Drury'd had enough.

'We'll never know what happened on July 1.'

'This happened on July 1.'

'Uh, that didn't happen on July 1.'

'Yeah, but it should have.'

:lol:

PS - the Drury offer sat on TG's desk, not LQ's. And he did EVENTUALLY agree to sign it; but well after Drury'd had enough.

And my point is proved. There won't ever be agreement on this, and there won't ever be agreement on what happened with Babcock. We're just the fans and customers, who create all the wealth these guys are scrambling for — we don't deserve to know.

Babs will get 8 years $50M from Toronto. If that's the case, why didn't he sign with Buffalo?

easy that more than $5 mil a year, and it became obvious Babcock was playing the play the offers against each other game

Sabres picked up their offer

If Murray's unwillingness to cede power was the main issue, how much power should he have been wiling to give?

I'm really not sure where I stand on this, but I do believe Murray is a more qualified GM than Babcock, and that an uncertain hierarchy is a recipe for disaster.

This is where I am. To this day I remain convinced that the reason Buffalo is the only place Scotty coached without playing in a Cup final is because it was his initial foray into coach/GM. As Gm he drafted Jiri Dudacek in the first round - essentially forfeiting the pick.

It means she's being silent.

Ah, quite so.

That you are two years late in unfollowing her...

Well, there is that. I suppose she's implying that she has much to say about this, but can't.

Mike Schopp ‏@Schopptalk now

Do Terry and Kim think they got screwed? Not outbid -- screwed. That is my question.

I do not appreciate Schopp suggesting that Mrs. Pegula got screwed.

In what way were they screwed?  Schopp being Schopp.

So that's their angle? Great.

Poor choice of words. "Used" is apt, as a theory.

more control of the roster....

Friedman tweeted that the deal involves Shanahan and Babcock, together, having final say on all personnel matters.

Friedman tweeted that the deal involves Shanahan and Babcock, together, having final say on all personnel matters.

Used?  Maybe.  Business is business, though.  The Pegulas should know that more than most folks.

Buffalo ends up losing yet again.  

We'll never get a good coach.   

We'll never be happy.  WE'LL NEVER GET HUGS

Yea, that's what he said. I don't understand why people (apparently him included) feel the need to disparage Babcock's character here. I was all-in on getting him here, and I'm disappointed it didn't work out...but to go about accosting his character with basically no information about the what and why? Yeesh.

I really dislike Hamilton....he is so small market.

And the two old pals in Buffalo couldn't have made that work?

Used?  Maybe.  Business is business, though.  The Pegulas should know that more than most folks.

We'll never be happy.  WE'LL NEVER GET HUGS

Business is predicated on trust. If Babcock gave them a verbal, or said get to this number/ structure and i'll sign...and they did and he didn't ...that is not business.

I am not saying that happened, I have no clue.

So, no Richards?

No Ekblad.

No McDavid.

No Babcock.

So Buffalo.

Richards flamed out mightily with that contract, and he certainly wouldn't have put us over the top.  There was a 75% chance we weren't getting Ekblad, an 80% chance we weren't getting McDavid.  We also have no idea at this point how Reinhart and Eichel will stack up against Ekblad and McDavid.  It's certainly not enough of a difference to complain about.

I've never been more excited about the future of Buffalo hockey, even though we didn't get Babdick.  Lighten up, ya big depressing lunk.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.