The Ryan O'Reilly super thread 2015!!!

LGR4GM

Why do we have to stop at just 1?  We don't have to cap ourselves on very good top 6 players who play excellent 2 way games.  Come the Conference finals you're dying for as many of those guys as you can get your hands on.  I don't understand the Zemgus is our RoR point.

Great post  :)

My untouchables for O'Reilly: Eichel, Reinhart, Risto. I'd do everything possible to avoid trading Zemgus, but if that's what it takes, I do it--O'Reilly is our wet dream ceiling for Zemgus.

Disagree on the bolded.  My untouchables are the 4 you mention.  That's why I don't think a ROR to BUF deal gets done.

Schopp saying no problem sacrificing Bogosian in a trade.

Says if he retired today it wouldn't hurt the team at all.

Zadorov and Pysyk already better.

Did he stop watching hockey down the stretch?

huh? 

Zadorov and Pysyk are already better. Well that is some news. 

COL acquires rights to negotiate with Soderberg of Bruins.

There's the O'Reilly replacement (at least in terms of role). I think they will look to maximize assets for RoR instead of specific fit.

The question is, if the contract is eight years, $60 million, and the Avs, as a budget team, aren't interested in big contracts coming back, who has the budget, and the cap space to be in the race?

I wonder what the Avs would think of rolling the dice on #21 plus next year's first, with the 2016 conditional on O'Reilly signing. I'd add a third, or a lesser prospect like Cornel or Florentino if that's what it took.

With a young core of Kane, O'Reilly, Eichel, Reinhart, Girgs, Risto, Bogo, Zads and Pysyk, plus a healthy stable of prospects, I'm willing to sacrifice a shot at next year's Strome or Werenski.

Edited by dudacek

Plenty of reporters have been saying that whoever is going to acquire O'Reilly would want to talk with his agent first. I'm sure that call would take 30 seconds. Call him and find out two things - interested in staying long term and what do you want? If it's in your ballpark make the move.

I wonder what the Avs would think of rolling the dice on #21 plus next year's first, with the 2016 conditional on O'Reilly signing. I'd add a third, or a lesser prospect like Cornel or Florentino if that's what it took.

With a young core of Kane, O'Reilly, Eichel, Reinhart, Girgs, Risto, Bogo, Zads and Pysyk, plus a healthy stable of prospects, I'm willing to sacrifice a shot at next year's Strome or Werenski.

I'm not in the win now mode, but moving next year's first to retain some of our other prospects seems really smart to me. As great as Matthews may be, we know what we would have in ROR

Zacha slipping to 21...wow talk about perfect situation, make this draft happen.  Eichel and Zacha!  

That would definitely make for an exciting first round. I loved watched Zacha play in the playoffs, he plays really hard and chippy. Though he is no where near the caliber of Ovi, his style of play (banging bodies, 1000 MPH) is similar.  

Again just keep in mind any team that misses the top playoffs next year could draft 1, 2, or 3 due to the new draft lottery.

Have they released next drafts odds yet? How steep is the drop off from the top three (Chychrun/Matthews/Puljujärvi) to number four? Lastly, would we really want to draft a player with possibly the toughest last name to spell in hockey?

Something that doesn't happen often that Buffalo should consider - trade next year's pick with a top 3 protection on it. Essentially the Avs get the next pick we have that isn't top 3 (post lottery).

By next pick, do you mean 2017 first? If I'm Colorado, I would want extra compensation if they ended up losing a top 3 pick. 

That would definitely make for an exciting first round. I loved watched Zacha play in the playoffs, he plays really hard and chippy. Though he is no where near the caliber of Ovi, his style of play (banging bodies, 1000 MPH) is similar.  

Have they released next drafts odds yet? How steep is the drop off from the top three (Chychrun/Matthews/Puljujärvi) to number four? Lastly, would we really want to draft a player with possibly the toughest last name to spell in hockey?

By next pick, do you mean 2017 first? If I'm Colorado, I would want extra compensation if they ended up losing a top 3 pick. 

We have no idea what the drop off is and will not until after the WJC.  The odds for next year have been released as for what your percentage is for each pick but I don't have those right in front of me.  I'd draft any player with any name if that name ended up on the Stanley Cup next to Buffalo Sabres