Roster review #25 Mikhail Grigorenko

dudacek

Roster review; Mikhail Grigorenko  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the Sabres should do with Mikhail Grigorenko?

• Try to squeeze him through waivers to get more time in Rochester
    • Keep him on the roster as an extra forward until he earns his spot
    • Play him as a centre on one of the top three lines
    • Move him to the wing
    • Use him as part of a trade package to get a good veteran
    • Auction him off to the highest bidder while he still has value

Meh. GMTM made a remark about having people on the team that want to be in Buffalo. This dipsy-doodling about the KHL while he was here, and now saying he wants to play in the NHL (in Denver) just reinforces my growing belief that he didn't want to be here. I had hopes that he would be a good player for the Sabres, but now that he's gone I don't miss him.

Meh. GMTM made a remark about having people on the team that want to be in Buffalo. This dipsy-doodling about the KHL while he was here, and now saying he wants to play in the NHL (in Denver) just reinforces my growing belief that he didn't want to be here. I had hopes that he would be a good player for the Sabres, but now that he's gone I don't miss him.

It still stings a bit for me , I had high hopes for the kid, but we needed more NHL ready players to take the pressure away from eichel and reinhart.

Edited by Heimdall

I had hopes but I don't think he actually got anywhere other than inflated ego land. Homeboy needs a nice dose of humility.

Homeboy will be fine when he isn't being coached by Teds Nolans.  (Homeboy even played well at the end of the season with Teds Nolans as coach)

I think it's as simple as: He wasn't a good fit for next year's roster. He got jerked around by Darcy big time so he resented the organization.  Whatevs.  I wish him the best, and still think he'll make a fine #2 someday.

Homeboy will be fine when he isn't being coached by Teds Nolans.  (Homeboy even played well at the end of the season with Teds Nolans as coach)

I think it's as simple as: He wasn't a good fit for next year's roster. He got jerked around by Darcy big time so he resented the organization.  Whatevs.  I wish him the best, and still think he'll make a fine #2 someday.

Yeah he can grow in colorado as 3C next two years.

Not really a surprise, considering the talk from Murray.  Paraphrasing: if Grigorenko is an NHL player, he has to prove it, and he shouldn't worry about having a two-way contract.

Sabres offered him a two-way contract, he turned it down, Sabres shipped him, and now he has to prove himself anyways.  Good news is, Sabres are pretty deep at center.

The kid's got talent, no question.  Whether he can form that into an NHL career, likely with hard work and perseverance, is still the question.  I wish him the best.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

He's not a Sabre so who cares.

What is the point of this post? 

Vindictiveness

I don't think it's vindictiveness but could be totally wrong as I don't know the poster. But I do know there are lots of fans who once someone is no longer a member of the team cease to care about said player or discuss him.

Wait a minute, what was the point of that post? Ink, I think you may be right lol!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.