2015 IIHF Championship Prague May 1-17

Brawndo

https://vine.co/v/eKuK6eHnleY

EDIT: Looks like he's trapped in the corner, move, quick spin, fire at the net. Love it.

Also, here is the assist.

Incredible vision. Knows Seth is creeping down the whole time and he has the instinct to keep his eyes set on 29 (think it's Brock, a guy I'm sure the D was game-planning for in the high slot) to prolong deception. 

Much appreciated gents. Can't make up my mind which play I like more. 

All I know is this kid has a great brick and mortar game as he does all the little things well and it's plain to see how his confidence has grown throughout the tourney. Whenever his line is on the ice, they tend to control the play. I have to believe this experience is gonna fill him with confidence heading into his first pro camp. 

GO SABRES!!!

I wish I made a Vine of this defensive play he made where he was two strides behind a guy, caught up effortlessly in the neutral zone, and then took the puck away from behind without a hint of an illegal play.

I kept looking for this "floating" but it's not there. He's always in postion and he can look like he's not skating that hard but he's just flying. That play along the boards for the goal was outstanding - he had two guys on him tight - the Vine doesn't go early enough - and came out with the puck and scored the game winner. He'll be our best player in Game One.

Whole play for Eichel'sGWG: Jack Eichel's winning goal. Quality puck protection. http://t.co/MGGrEkaW0E

Nice shot! That reporter Julie R-something called in to WGR from Czech for and interview yesterday and was saying something like... Eichel is still being too unselfish with the puck (passing instead of shooting), so coaches are trying to get him to take the shot more.  Perhaps this goal is evidence of Jack responding to that.

I wish I made a Vine of this defensive play he made where he was two strides behind a guy, caught up effortlessly in the neutral zone, and then took the puck away from behind without a hint of an illegal play.

https://vine.co/v/eKBwhvvtEzq

I dunno about effortlessly, but, man, that kid can skate.

Looks like he knows how to use that stick for something other than fancy passes and shots.

EDIT:

Damn you WildCard.

Don't you have some science stuff to do, or something?

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Looks like he knows how to use that stick for something other than fancy passes and shots.

EDIT:

Damn you WildCard.

Don't you have some science stuff to do, or something?

:lol:

I really should be though. So with that I'll sign off 

Eichel with the OT GWG.  USA will be seeded first from its group.

Looks like they will match up with the Swiss in Quarterfinals, too, regardless of the outcome of SUI-CZE this afternoon (or whatever it is in Czech right now).

Also, since Canada is the #1 seed coming out of the other pool, the only way that USA-CAN would meet is in the bronze medal game or the gold medal game.

Edit: http://www.iihfworlds2015.com/en/games/

Edited by Cereal

Probably Jack's best overall game of the WC.  He was very efficient with everything and obviously was instrumental in the OT goal.  His puck pursuit was much better and you can see he is more and more confident.  Kid's gonna be good.  I look forward to seeing him Thursday.  Elimination games are brand new pressure in this tourney.  His skating stride is just so strong and impressive. Love it.  

Now people on Facebook and WGR are starting to panic about Edmonton picking Eichel instead.

What an amazing "problem" the Sabres have this year.

I don't think It is a done deal yet. If McDavid says in his combine interview - I'm leaving Edmonton first chance I get...Eichel might be Edmontons better option.

Edited by X. Benedict

Now people on Facebook and WGR are starting to panic about Edmonton picking Eichel instead.

What an amazing "problem" the Sabres have this year.

A Canadian market that has missed the playoffs since 2006 is not passing on the "Next Sidney Crosby" to draft an American.  It would be a PR and marketing nightmare.  On top of that McDavid has been a beast in his Juniors playoffs.  This is a non issue.  

A Canadian market that has missed the playoffs since 2006 is not passing on the "Next Sidney Crosby" to draft an American.  It would be a PR and marketing nightmare.  On top of that McDavid has been a beast in his Juniors playoffs.  This is a non issue.  

Yeah, I never see this happening either but I just think it's nice that Eichel has been so darned good that people are now worried we might not get him.

I couldn't be more pumped for Jack.

Yeah, I never see this happening either but I just think it's nice that Eichel has been so darned good that people are now worried we might not get him.

I couldn't be more pumped for Jack.

Yep.  This kid and Kane are going to be fun to watch for a long time.  Throw in Reinhart and Risto and holy I am loving the potential of this new core.  The days of Roy, Vanek, Pommer and Miller are a distant memory.

I kept looking for this "floating" but it's not there. He's always in postion and he can look like he's not skating that hard but he's just flying. That play along the boards for the goal was outstanding - he had two guys on him tight - the Vine doesn't go early enough - and came out with the puck and scored the game winner. He'll be our best player in Game One.

I know the play you're referencing and it was a major-league play born out of hustle, speed, and hockey smarts. If I didn't know the kid was only 18, I wouldn't believe it if you told me. Where did he develop this kind of game? 

GO SABRES!!!

Thanks for this. 

Yep.  This kid and Kane are going to be fun to watch for a long time.  Throw in Reinhart and Risto and holy ###### I am loving the potential of this new core.  The days of Roy, Vanek, Pommer and Miller are a distant memory.

^This! And unlike that old core, I get the feeling that Eichel and Reinhart, especially, won't be shy about accepting the mantel when it's their turn. Add Girgensens to the mix and we have a nice group of leaders on this team for a long time.  Vanek and Co. collectively didn't possess the hockey character necessary to assume the reigns when Drury and Briere left. Not even close. 

GO SABRES!!!

Yep.  This kid and Kane are going to be fun to watch for a long time.  Throw in Reinhart and Risto and holy ###### I am loving the potential of this new core.  The days of Roy, Vanek, Pommer and Miller are a distant memory.

The scary part is that Reinhart is arguably the "worst" player of the 4 you mention....and he was arguably the best forward in the world in the year of his draft.

And you didn't even mention Zemgod.

If Big Z gets over his current immaturity problems (late to practice?) and you know he will, add him to the mix.  Pysyk is going to be a beauty...Ennis already generates offense all over the ice...Compher is a diamond in the rough right now...BOGO has yet to rise to his highest level and he's a solid, 3rd overall draft pick player.

I think Larsson is going to deliver...and we still have a ton of options/draft picks for this upcoming draft, not counting Eichel.  

We are staged to see the best Sabres team of all time in my opinion.

PS:  Didn't even mention COHO, Grigo, or Moulson!

LOL

Edited by Kruppstahl

The scary part is that Reinhart is arguably the "worst" player of the 4 you mention....and he was arguably the best forward in the world in the year of his draft.

And you didn't even mention Zemgod.

If Big Z gets over his current immaturity problems (late to practice?) and you know he will, add him to the mix.  Pysyk is going to be a beauty...Ennis already generates offense all over the ice...Compher is a diamond in the rough right now...BOGO has yet to rise to his highest level and he's a solid, 3rd overall draft pick player.

I think Larsson is going to deliver...and we still have a ton of options/draft picks for this upcoming draft, not counting Eichel.  

We are staged to see the best Sabres team of all time in my opinion.

PS:  Didn't even mention COHO, Grigo, or Moulson!

LOL

All of this. 

I should have mentioned Zemgus but where does the list end?  The last 3 years of hockey have been , but looking at the new core makes it all worth it.  Let's just hope the majority live up to the hype.  I also think that pick at 21 will hopefully be a good prospect or used to bring in another piece.

^This! And unlike that old core, I get the feeling that Eichel and Reinhart, especially, won't be shy about accepting the mantel when it's their turn. Add Girgensens to the mix and we have a nice group of leaders on this team for a long time.  Vanek and Co. collectively didn't possess the hockey character necessary to assume the reigns when Drury and Briere left. Not even close. 

GO SABRES!!!

All of this as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.