The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

So, I have some inside info that he's legitimately excited to be coming to Buffalo. Anything he says in the media has more substance to it than knowing the right thing to say. He really did want to be drafted here.

He said that on draft day.  He said, now that it's official, this was the place he wanted to go.  Between the Twitter vids, the interaction with Murray on stage, lots of things, to me it was evident.  Not to mention, his girlfriend is from here.

I think it's great.

He said that on draft day. He said, now that it's official, this was the place he wanted to go. Between the Twitter vids, the interaction with Murray on stage, lots of things, to me it was evident. Not to mention, his girlfriend is from here.

I think it's great.

Agreed. I tend to be pretty (very) cynical with this kind of stuff and was really happy to find out it's real.

So, I have some inside info ...

What's the source?  Not who, per se, but can you characterize what their contact is or how they know?

I mean, I totally believe that he's genuinely happy to be here.  He wouldn't have the the goofy vine if he wasn't.  Just curious.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Jack is so savvy in handling the media.  Either he's that smart, or they're not that smart.

He's got a media 'face' he kinda showcases most of the time, but every now and then you can see him legitimately smile; when a dumb question is asked or better yet when he talks about Buffalo or how he enjoys the pressure

Whoa I hadn't heard that.  Is this new info?  Any details on that?

There's material upthread. It's a gal by the name of Erin Basil. She's a student at Northeastern (in Boston). It would appear that she's the daughter of the principal of the Basil car dealership group.

Do all players go to development camp or is it more for rookies and youngsters?

I can't remember from last year, but assuming they don't have legit reasons not to be there, I would expect all players from juniors, college, overseas, and also 1st and 2nd year pros.

[edited]Along with enough invitees to make up a roster of 40 or so players. 

Edited by LabattBlue

What's the source? Not who, per se, but can you characterize what their contact is or how they know?

I mean, I totally believe that he's genuinely happy to be here. He wouldn't have the the goofy vine if he wasn't. Just curious.

Most I'll give is a family member who taught a close friend of his. This isn't a mother's second uncle's cousin third removed's cab driver thing.

He was asked about the "Buffalo, I'm comin' for ya" video. He smiled from ear to ear and basically gave no comment. Said it was a spur-of-the-moment video.

That was awesome how he smiled about it.

I also liked how he was sort of the anti-Grigs, Eichel feels he needs to earn his spot on the team, while Grigs felt it was somewhat an entitlement

That was awesome how he smiled about it.

I also liked how he was sort of the anti-Grigs, Eichel feels he needs to earn his spot on the team, while Grigs felt it was somewhat an entitlement

That will go along way with the vets on the team

I'm actually kind of annoyed that he hasn't selected a number yet. Team probably wants to get his jersey on shelves and start advertising it more. I know they have presale but it doesn't advertise the same way...

(I had to find SOMETHING to complain about)

I'm actually kind of annoyed that he hasn't selected a number yet. Team probably wants to get his jersey on shelves and start advertising it more. I know they have presale but it doesn't advertise the same way...

(I had to find SOMETHING to complain about)

I think it's all part of his not putting the cart before the horse. I think he's genuine when he says he won't pick one until he knows he's made the team. And if the NHL is anything like the NFL, there might be some backroom negotiations going on with another player on the team. My wish is for Bert to say he can have it and do it proud. But I know that won't happen. 

GO SABRES!!!

The question about rooming Samson and Jack with a veteran seemed to materialize out of nowhere, but Murray seemed to have already thought about it. Mother Gionta's boarding house?

They can stay here.  We have a fold-out bed and running water.