GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

Zemgus to me is a borderline 2nd line/3rd liner. I'm not completely sold on him as a top 6 guy.

That's what I thought too at one time. You need to pay attention to him. He does everything really well and reads the play. When I watched him in Anaheim and Los Angeles this season I thought he was the most complete player on the Sabres.

How so?

"The team was terrible for the last 2 years in hopes of getting the best player in this draft. Not the 2nd best. "

copied your original statement again; you should know that finishing last guaranteed an 80% chance we'd not be awarded McDavid; Because of the generational talent between # 1-2 in this lottery, "only getting the 2nd best player" sounds like a failure. Imagine Arizona & Toronto...hardly ahead of Buffalo but neither Connor/Jack went to either.

"The team was terrible for the last 2 years in hopes of getting the best player in this draft. Not the 2nd best. "

copied your original statement again; you should know that finishing last guaranteed an 80% chance we'd not be awarded McDavid; Because of the generational talent between # 1-2 in this lottery, "only getting the 2nd best player" sounds like a failure. Imagine Arizona & Toronto...hardly ahead of Buffalo but neither Connor/Jack went to either.

"I'm disappointed for our fans." -GMTM

What does that tell you?

I can't f@&king believe some of the utter nonsense I'm reading in this thread. Now we know we have Jack "I'm coming for you" Eichel. Have we not followed this kid all season? Do you not know what kind of quality we will be getting with him? When was the last time Sabres fans have had the pleasure of knowing we have elite talent locked up for years?

We have a ton of young talent. The stripping down is officially over and the rebuild will now go into overdrive. The future is the brightest it's been for the Sabres since God knows when.

I do agree with the gripes over Murray's comments. Wish they'd prep him for situations like these.

And who is the person trying to inject Babcock into this thread on the lottery pick? Mr. Garrison and Mr. Hat?

I'm excited to have Eichel as I knew Buffalo wasn't going to win some stupid lottery. Yes McDavid is going to be a great player but Eichel is pretty darn good is his own right. To me it was a win win. That's why I wanted to finish 30th so bad because at least you guarntee yourself a great player. How u think Arizona feels being the second worst team picking 3 and missing out on both of them. I don't see them drafting Hanifan as I believe it will be Marner or Strome. The draft lottery is a huge failure in my mind. No way Edmonton should get another first overall pick as the same with the Cavs last year in basketball. Just plain stupid.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

The time stamp is two and a half hours before the lottery. What's the context?

GO SABRES!!!

WE may never know

Different time zone bud.

So then that guy was in LA?  Which means he didn't actually speak to Murray, so again what is the context.  

Different time zone bud.

Gee thanks, bud. Like that's obvious from a captured screen shot of a tweet. Some of us just aren't as "in the twitter know" like you. Very impressive. 

So did Murray say he's sorry for our fans because we didn't win the lottery or not? 

GO SABRES!!!

Gee thanks, bud. Like that's obvious from a captured screen shot of a tweet. Some of us just aren't as "in the twitter know" like you. Very impressive.

So did Murray say he's sorry for our fans because we didn't win the lottery or not?

GO SABRES!!!

The guy that admitted that he wished he could stop thinking about McDavid so much...yeah, big mystery on what he is disappointed about.

P.S. I don't have an active Twitter account.

Edited by Andrew Amerk

The guy that admitted that he wished he could stop thinking about McDavid so much...yeah, big mystery on what he is disappointed about.

So then you don't know the context of Murray's remark regarding the fans being disappointed. Perhaps you could have just admitted that instead of projecting your own profound sense of disappointment at not winning the lottery. 

GO SABRES!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.