GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

He was given a free ticket to suck. Picking Reinhart and Eichel is easy. From here out it is going to get a little more difficult.

I don't know what the hell I am saying. I just feel like bitching tonight. :)

Ah, well that makes sense.  I think Murray has done a lot of work to set us up going into 2015. 

Fans will always find the great players.

They will. But having great players in places that casual / new fans can find them will bring more new fans to the game than hiding them in ####ing Edmonton will. Can't come up w/ a single city that landing McDavid in would have helped the league less.

Gretzky going to LA was huge. (His being in Edmonton didn't help south of the border at all.) Of course the idiots running the league (in NHL & NHLPA) managed to kill that and the Rags 1994 momentum by promptly losing the 1994 portion of 1994-'95 season.

Looks like once again, the boneheads running the league don't get what they want but do get what they deserve.

Amen. Murray has had the easiest job in sports since he was hired. Now shut up for a few months and build a hockey team. Honeymoon over!!

He has manned the helm for 2 trade deadlines, include trading off Miller and Myers. It's not like he's been twiddling his thumbs.

No it really won't happen.  The fanbase would seriously lose it. Also I think Murray is going to be aggressive in UFA.  

He can't stop Eichel from staying in school.

Reinhart might not be ready.

He doesn't have a coach yet.

We've seen what Rochester has to offer.

We don't have a goalie.

There are lot's of reasons to believe it will happen again next year.

Maybe not DFL, but Arizona close

Edited by wjag

I wish they went back to the ping pong balls and all the GMs in studio.  The looks on their faces tells the tale.  TM has 3 picks in the top 31 this year.  Add a few free agents to the mix, they will not be a lottery team next year.  The young squad will be exciting.

I wish they went back to the ping pong balls and all the GMs in studio.  The looks on their faces tells the tale.  TM has 3 picks in the top 31 this year.  Add a few free agents to the mix, they will not be a lottery team next year.  The young squad will be exciting.

Only one of those three will be on the roster if he doesn't stay in school

Here is a scenario... Buffalo misses the playoffs next year but is 13th worse and misses by like 3 points.  That gives us a 2% chance.  Shockingly Buffalo wins the draft lottery and everyone is like, "Man good thing we changed the draft lottery, not"

Here is a scenario... Buffalo misses the playoffs next year but is 13th worse and misses by like 3 points.  That gives us a 2% chance.  Shockingly Buffalo wins the draft lottery and everyone is like, "Man good thing we changed the draft lottery, not"

One thing we will have next year that we didn't have this year is the other Kane.  That should be good for at least five more wins.  

Babcock ain't coming. I have come to terms with that. Hopefully Buffalo has a coach come the official draft day. Babcock in T.O? I see that as a possibility also. No shortage of cash there and the challenge is immense. Pat Burns and Quinn did well there. No reason to think Mike wouldn't join Shanny in the big market. Help rebuild that franchise also. Going to be fun in the next few months to see where all these chips fall. I tend to believe it just may be Luke Richardson in Buffalo.

I'm mixed on Babcock.  I think he's a very good coach but I'm not sure there isn't a better one out there, maybe one that's one a couple Cups but didn't make the playoffs this year and could be on the market.... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.