GDT: HELL YES BEAT THE PENS 4/11/15

Eleven

I don't expect any coach to come in here and change what the Sabres are doing too much. The roster is going to shuffle a little bit but they're going to be evolving from the current system gradually. It's still going to end up being about defensive responsibility until our more offensive skill players are settled in. There's no way the team is going to change completely just for McEichel. He's still going to be a rookie no matter how good he is.

Don't expect the Sabres to be a good puck possession team next year. They might be better than this year, but they're going to be moving forward slowly at first.

I don't expect the next coach to run a single forechecker trapping system. Whether that results in more possession time is up for debate, but I expect our goaltenders to be more exposed.

I don't expect any coach to come in here and change what the Sabres are doing too much. The roster is going to shuffle a little bit but they're going to be evolving from the current system gradually. It's still going to end up being about defensive responsibility until our more offensive skill players are settled in. There's no way the team is going to change completely just for McEichel. He's still going to be a rookie no matter how good he is. 

Don't expect the Sabres to be a good puck possession team next year. They might be better than this year, but they're going to be moving forward slowly at first. 

There's a good chance this team has extreme changes. Adding Kane, McEichel and Reinhart alone is enough to re-face the offensive ability of the team. And I doubt that's the end of the forward changes.

I don't expect the next coach to run a single forechecker trapping system. Whether that results in more possession time is up for debate, but I expect our goaltenders to be more exposed.

I don't. I see defense and goaltending being our strengths until the new forward lines start to gel. I expect this team to look pretty much the same for a large part of the season. 

There's a good chance this team has extreme changes. Adding Kane, McEichel and Reinhart alone is enough to re-face the offensive ability of the team. And I doubt that's the end of the forward changes.

I disagree. It'll change the team, but not immediately. It's going to take time. 

I disagree. It'll change the team, but not immediately. It's going to take time. 

Sure. It won't be immediately, but it'll happen as the season goes on. If Murray isn't planning for the future when addressing the goaltending position this offseason then he's making a mistake. The team and system will change drastically as the season goes on, especially with the new coaching staff that is likely to be here, and he's got to plan for that.

Sure. It won't be immediately, but it'll happen as the season goes on. If Murray isn't planning for the future when addressing the goaltending position this offseason then he's making a mistake. The team and system will change drastically as the season goes on, especially with the new coaching staff that is likely to be here, and he's got to plan for that.

I don't actually understand this discussion. I don't see the team's play affecting who Murray puts in net. Lindback is clearly a Murray type, so it makes sense that he'll be here. Makarov is a question mark. But the idea of the future system being a deciding factor just doesn't make much sense. 

I don't actually understand this discussion. I don't see the team's play affecting who Murray puts in net. Lindback is clearly a Murray type, so it makes sense that he'll be here. Makarov is a question mark. But the idea of the future system being a deciding factor just doesn't make much sense. 

Lindback is a big goalie, sure, but he's not very good. He was just another of multiple goalies playing way above their abilities because of a system. That system will go which, with the evidence we have, means Lindback's play will dip drastically. Murray is smart enough to see through that.

Makarov is a question mark, but I doubt he's on this team next year.

Lindback is a big goalie, sure, but he's not very good. He was just another of multiple goalies playing way above their abilities because of a system. That system will go which, with the evidence we have, means Lindback's play will dip drastically. Murray is smart enough to see through that.

Makarov is a question mark, but I doubt he's on this team next year.

I thought Nolan didn't have a system.

:devil:

We need to be very vocal in showing the team we still love them...while I understand why people are openly cheering against them the last month, I'm sure it doesn't feel good...

Let the Pens win. Boston misses the playoffs wins the lottery then trades down to #2 to draft hometown boy Eichel while BUF gets McDavid.... right?

F Boston...almost worth the Pens winning just so they get bounced

Remember Chad Johnson is under contract for next year so I'd assume he'll be here. And I'd go after Niemi, let Hacket walk due to his chronic knee trouble, and let the other prospect goalies fight in the minors. None of them have truly impressed on any consistent basis thus far. 

I also doubt Johnson is here. Guys get released or he could go to Rochester.

I expect that we'll have two new goaltenders playing for us next season.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/stats/_/name/buf/buffalo-sabres

Looking at the team stats just now and saw two interesting things:

1. 35 points in 68 games for Gionta.  Not bad for a 36 year old, especially when you consider how he started the season and that a concussion slowed him down.  I'm looking forward to having him back next year.

2. Anders Lindback has the best GAA of any goaltender that played for us this season.  Worth a one-year contract for next season?  Or should we focus on a veteran since we still have Makarov and Ullmark is coming to North America next season?

Gionta really is much better than I thought he'd be.

Ted's speech was...interesting.

Pretty much an apology and very much a thank you.

Looking forward to Bogo vs Crosby for years to come.

Be a great playoff series battle in the making.

I missed the speech, was he on the ice before puck-drop or something?

IS THAT A LET'S GO BUFFALO CHANT????

:beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.