2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

Haven't heard the clips yet, but these latest quotes are bugging me more than other times Murray has put his foot in his mouth.

They have left the impression that:

Reinhart and Zadarov already have spots in the lineup

Grigorenko doesn't have a spot in the organization going forward

Hodgson has close to zero value with the organization.

Not sure how making any of that public helps the Sabres

Not sure how Hamilton phrased the question...or should I say statement since he usually wants to come off as knowing more than the person he is interviewing, but it doesn't mean either of them won't be in Rochester come October.  I don't see anything that says 100% they will be Sabres on opening night?

What would you like them to say at this point..."Well he haven't had rookie camp, training camp, and any preseason games, but both of them will start the season in the AHL."?

Edited by LabattBlue

Paul Hamilton spoke with Tim Murray and Bylsma. They said that they do not foresee Reinhart or Zadorov spending any time in Rochester.

Also said that buying out Hodgson is a possibility.

More Hamilton:

Murray of course said Grigorenko will be qualified, but not sure where he fits in. He must pass through waivers to go to Rochester.

Was there an audio bit? 

There is a write-up on the WGR site and more detail on a bunch of Twitter quotes.

As usual, things sound better in context.

Reinhart and Zadorov are expected to play in Buffalo given their development but Roch is there if needed.

Bylsma said Zads has proven he can play in the NHL. Murray said knowing he can be sent down should stop him from coming to camp at 240.

Reading between the lines, Coho has been asked to do certain things to avoid a buyout and so far is doing it.

With grigorenko, he's just acknowledging the waiver situation makes it tough to slot him given he may not be NHL ready.

I guess I'm on the opposite side of the fence than you guys. I'm on board with everything GMTM and DDB said. I think Zads has proven himself capable of top four minutes. IMO his failures last year are due in large part to Ted Nolan's lack of a system and some immaturity of youth. Honestly he needs to be in DDB' s system day one.

Once again with a defined role with the team. I see no reason Samson should be in the roc this year. His ppg average in the ahl at the end of the year should be proof enough. Really I think it would stunt his growth more than help it. While on the topic of stunting growth, can we stop with lets put Samson on the wing stuff. The only time I want him on the wing is when he is playing the Stamkos power play way, but with him feeding passes instead of one timers. Really the center I want playing wing is Zemgus.

So in that case my top two lines would look like this

Kane Eichel Ennis

Moulson Reinhart Zemgus

To me this year is about nothing but development!!!

Edited by sabresith

Paul Hamilton spoke with Tim Murray and Bylsma. They said that they do not foresee Reinhart or Zadorov spending any time in Rochester.

Also said that buying out Hodgson is a possibility.

More Hamilton:

Murray of course said Grigorenko will be qualified, but not sure where he fits in. He must pass through waivers to go to Rochester.

McKenzie also believes Hodgson will be bought out. Start at the 6:40 minute mark

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/mckenzie-cody-hodgson-likely-to-be-bought-out-by-sabres-1.305827

Yes we've all seen the beach photos. A professional athletes getting married at 20 is outside of my realm of understanding.

Absolutely 100% agree.  Puck bunnies in every city, and you want to settle down at the ripe old age of 20?

On a related note...especially if said girlfriend/fiancee' is from Russia, who in turn gets homesick, wants to go back home, and convinces hubby that the KHL isn't all that bad.  :angry:

Ah, yes. The best form of birth control becomes the worst reason to get married.

I hope this really is just a rumor. Who'd you hear it from, Liger?

My internet skills blow, just look up Grigs on Facebook or Twitter. He's been posting about it.

I heard a rumor that Zadorov is getting married and Grigorenko is attending the wedding.

It's no rumor.  I saw a picture on facebook the other day posted by Grigorenko, mentioning being there for the wedding.  I have no idea why it showed up in my feed, but it did.

Would the Sabres hold his rights in the NHL if he returned? If so this might benefit the Sabres, he doesn't belong up here and he probably wouldn't clear waivers to Rochester.

Yes, they would still own his rights. And no, it would never benefit them to have an asset walk to the KHL.

He has close to zero value right now. Lighting up the KHL would add to his value although my guess is it's good riddance and one less contract to worry about

Completely disagree that he has "close to zero value." He's not going to be the centerpiece of an important deal, but he was still the 12th overall pick just a few years ago and is 21 years old. He had a good year in Rochester and has great size. He could easily be a piece to a larger deal...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.