2slowtogofast

WTF:

#Sabres lines at practice:

44-90-63

22-15-23

26-28-12

59-17-82-88

Kane not on ice.

I continue to be amazed at Larsson getting prime opportunities. I love him, but he's been dog poop the last two games. This also may be a sign Bylsma is very willing to let youngsters work through their growing pains, which would be a very welcome change from the past many coaches.

The fact that 44 is on that 1st line is concerning enough

He was getting minutes up there last game.  He's done it in the past (on a fill-in basis).  I say give him the shot.  He's shown a similar game to Kane's (but to a lesser degree).  Who knows.... it might spark something.  If anything, Des is less of a puck hog than Kane which probably isn't a bad thing.

I am still in the wait and see mode with this team but he is to me the biggest disappointment so far. I really expected him to come out flying with a "forget about me?" attitude.

He was Nolan's workhorse and excelled at the simple game.  Maybe the adjustment period is extra hard on him because he developed habits last year?  Or maybe he's just in a funk.

Any news on Ennis? Byslma in his practice interview before the Pens game really just laughed it off and said he should be good to go Thursday night; we all know he was not, but it doesn't sound too serious, probably limited to one game. 

I've never done blow.  What's the hangover timeline to get that out of your system??

Quick snapshot of goals scored:

Ryan O'Reilly - 4
Jack Eichel - 4
Matt Moulson - 3
Tyler Ennis - 3
Nicolas Deslauriers - 3
Jamie McGinn - 2
Jake McCabe - 2
Rasmus Ristolainen - 1
Sam Reinhart - 1
Evander Kane - 1
Zemgus Girgensons - 1

The surprises I see there:  Nic Delauriers with 3.  I think someone said it's time to end the experiment of putting him on a top line, but I think he's showing some scoring touch.  McCabe with 2 surprises me only because I had zero expectations for him.  And it's nice to see McCabe with 2.  He plays a good all around D game for a kid, plus he's found the twine a couple times now.

Just for the heck of it, and I know it's too small of a sample to extrapolate, I spread those scoring rates over an 80 game season (yes I know everyone hasn't played every game, and yes I know a lot of the people not on the list will start scoring too)

Ryan O'Reilly - 30
Jack Eichel - 30
Matt Moulson - 22
Tyler Ennis - 22
Nicolas Deslauriers - 22
Jamie McGinn - 15
Jake McCabe - 15
Rasmus Ristolainen - 7
Sam Reinhart - 7
Evander Kane - 7
Zemgus Girgensons - 7

Deslauriers - O'Reilly - Ennis

Reinhart - Eichel - Larsson

Kane - Girgensons- Foligno

Gionta - Legwand - McGinn

PP

Kane - O'Reilly - Ennis

Eichel - Risto/Bogo/Franson

Deslauriers not enough talent for the cycle game of Ennis/ROR or perfect dirty area presence to complement the two?

Kane talent wasted on 3 or electric but individual game ideally matched with two guys who put their heads down and get to the net?

Can Eich and Sam (and Larsson for that matter) continue to build chemistry and be enough to maintain Jack's influence on a game?

Will Disco Dan put out such a dangerous PP or continue to lean towards an even two units?

Hey, I know this is coming off a 3 game run with 129 total shots, but these are great questions to get to ask after years of despair!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.