GDT: Buffalo @ Bahston, 7:30 pm EST, NBCSN

WildCard

In JJ's defense, he was replying to our resident Muppet, Statler, the never happy fan who won't enjoy the thrill of a win afgainst a hated rival and is increasingly critical of the path the points are taking.  It's gotta be a miserable fandom.

Thank you.

This does not seem to jibe with his stated hope of being in the lottery again next season.

That's not exactly what he said, was it?

There is some debate, well most here read it a certain way, in the reading, but pretty much.

I was to the point of calling for Murray to be fired over that quote.

I took the quote as an uppercut to Bettman.

Not only do I get McEichel this year, but we could just miss the playoffs next year and have a chance to win the lottery again. Just missing the playoffs is a reasonable assumption. I picture the Sabres having a very similar season as the Senators are having this year. Which would be a lot a fun!!!

There is some debate, well most here read it a certain way, in the reading, but pretty much.

I was to the point of calling for Murray to be fired over that quote.

Not to rehash it, but he's stated many times that he will be looking to trade picks for 23-25 year old players to shorten the time-table.  However, until those are made, he's being realistic about the chance of a team of kids, even with some other acquisitions, jumping into the playoffs next year.  He was also against the changes that were made to the lottery (even years ago), so when he says that selfishly, he hopes that he's in a position to benefit from it (everyone out of the playoffs will be in a lottery for the top-three picks), it certainly seemed to many of us as a "you wanted it, you got, but now how are you going to feel when we're in position to get a top-three pick again?" jab.  Others took it more literally as he will do whatever he needs to in order to stay out of the playoffs next year.

In JJ's defense, he was replying to our resident Muppet, Statler, the never happy fan who won't enjoy the thrill of a win afgainst a hated rival and is increasingly critical of the path the points are taking. It's gotta be a miserable fandom.

If you and JJ enjoy watching a hockey game that we had absolutely no right to win, get outshot 2-1, and has at least half the team not returning next year then I guess you enjoyed yourselves.

When both of you are bitching on draft day I will remind you of your great desire of beating a longtime rival. Who gives a f if we beat Boston one game??? They are ten times the organization we are and taking one point from them is a blip on their radar.

These two points hurt us. End of story. The thing that kills me is you guys sit here and call people muppets but yet I GUARANTEE you both Murray and Pegula think the same way as those of us that don't want points right now. I highly doubt Murray is sitting at his desk today with a woody because we beat Boston.

Edited by sicknfla

If you and JJ enjoy watching a hockey game that we had absolutely no right to win, get outshot 2-1, and has at least half the team not returning next year then I guess you enjoyed yourselves.

When both of you are bitching on draft day I will remind you of your great desire of beating a longtime rival. Who gives a f if we beat Boston one game??? They are ten times the organization we are and taking one point from them is a blip on their radar.

These two points hurt us. End of story. The thing that kills me is you guys sit here and call people muppets but yet I GUARANTEE you both Murray and Pegula think the same way as those of us that don't want points right now. I highly doubt Murray is sitting at his desk today with a woody because we beat Boston.

You need to chill out and stop being so condescending.  There's nothing wrong with rooting for losses to get the ultimate prize and there's nothing wrong with rooting for the Sabres when they actually pull one out.  They weren't going to finish the season 0-13, might as well beat the Bruins.

I've never called anybody here a muppet, worst I've called you is a tanker which is exactly what you are. There are some that enjoy wins, there are some that recognize that finishing last is the best thing for this team, there are even some that fit both molds.

Then there are some that really take it to extremes by making their own lives miserable. I really love hockey and I love the Sabres. But if I let tanking consume so much of my life to the point where I need infiltrate every single thread with pissing and moaning and belittling everybody that thinks differently....................... I would seek help. Jesus Christ man, take a vacation.  

You need to chill out and stop being so condescending.  There's nothing wrong with rooting for losses to get the ultimate prize and there's nothing wrong with rooting for the Sabres when they actually pull one out.  They weren't going to finish the season 0-13, might as well beat the Bruins.

:thumbsup:

I've never called anybody here a muppet, worst I've called you is a tanker which is exactly what you are. There are some that enjoy wins, there are some that recognize that finishing last is the best thing for this team, there are even some that fit both molds.

Then there are some that really take it to extremes by making their own lives miserable. I really love hockey and I love the Sabres. But if I let tanking consume so much of my life to the point where I need infiltrate every single thread with pissing and moaning and belittling everybody that thinks differently....................... I would seek help. Jesus Christ man, take a vacation.

:thumbsup:

I live in Florida. I am on vacation. Maybe I need to change my picture to half Sabres half Lightning. Oh wait I only will do that after I spends days bitching about a trade I didn't like.

So tired of watching goalies steal us points in games we are getting dominated in...

Is there something in the water here that turns anyone who comes to play goal into Superman this season for us?

I mean seriously? 45 shots on goal and some career backup stonewalls them the whole game? If we screw this up I will be seriously pissed...no reason to spend most of the season in last place to ruin it at the end for nothing

Edited by matter2003

So tired of watching goalies steal us points I'm games we are getting dominated in...

Is there something in the water here that turns anyone who comes to play goal into Superman this season for us?

I mean seriously? 45 shots on goal and some career backup stonewalls them the whole game? If we screw this up I will be seriously pissed...no reason to spend most of the season in last place to ruin it at the end for nothing

Couldn't agree more. Problem I have is McDavid and Eichel could both step in the lineup next year. I don't think 3- whatever can. That's a problem. Which means going through another year of this crap in a weaker draft.

Except I won't be bitching on draft day about where we end up.  But feel free to continue to project your personality onto us.  

And I'm only calling you one particular muppet.  One grumpy, cantankerous, does nothing but complain muppet.

Edited by weave

The last thing I care about is the draft. I'm not incapable of learning patterns and as such, I know how drafts work. Guarantee this, guarantee that. There are no guarantees. Draft the player in the position that you're in and that's that. Scouting, management, and develop matter way more than draft position.

If I can get 2 points and make it tougher for my most hated rival to make the playoffs, I'm going to root for just that. And yes, I will remember beating the Bruins on March 17. Lindback's performance was memorable and if the Bruins end up missing the playoffs somehow, that game will be a major reason why. But hey, I value rivalry still. 

Not quite sure why people laughed at me saying the losing on purpose crap has ruined sports in recent years. Is it because it's happened every so often throughout history and it's not such a recent thing? Sure. The Celtics in 1997, the Penguins for Lemieux, blah blah whatever. It has never been such a widespread cancerous mentality across all sports teams and fanbases as it is right now. Utopian "if you ain't first, you're last" garbage. 

It's getting to a point where I almost hope both of these players bust just so sports fans can shut the hell up about draft picks from here on out. But I know that will never happen. Some people have just too much of a video game mentality for that narrative to die.

But hey, all this is just rehashed garbage. Same stupid argument that's been had all day every day for the last God-knows-how-many years on this board. What a show.

Edited by TheMatrix31

Oh I did! Thanks for taking an interest.

These two points hurt us. End of story.

You don't know that. When we end up with McDavid, you'll see they didn't hurt us at all.

The last thing I care about is the draft. I'm not incapable of learning patterns and as such, I know how drafts work. Guarantee this, guarantee that. There are no guarantees. Draft the player in the position that you're in and that's that. Scouting, management, and develop matter way more than draft position.

If I can get 2 points and make it tougher for my most hated rival to make the playoffs, I'm going to root for just that. And yes, I will remember beating the Bruins on March 17. Lindback's performance was memorable and if the Bruins end up missing the playoffs somehow, that game will be a major reason why. But hey, I value rivalry still. 

Not quite sure why people laughed at me saying the losing on purpose crap has ruined sports in recent years. Is it because it's happened every so often throughout history and it's not such a recent thing? Sure. The Celtics in 1997, the Penguins for Lemieux, blah blah whatever. It has never been such a widespread cancerous mentality across all sports teams and fanbases as it is right now. Utopian "if you ain't first, you're last" garbage. 

It's getting to a point where I almost hope both of these players bust just so sports fans can shut the hell up about draft picks from here on out. But I know that will never happen. Some people have just too much of a video game mentality for that narrative to die.

But hey, all this is just rehashed garbage. Same stupid argument that's been had all day every day for the last God-knows-how-many years on this board. What a ###### show.

I can remember the Bills tanking for OJ Simpson.  Nobody gave a when he was the biggest star in the league and the hero of my childhood.  That was 1968 when that happened.  Thank you, Ed Rutkowski! 

This is the myopia I mentioned.

And, these two are not going to bust.

Except I won't be bitching on draft day about where we end up. But feel free to continue to project your personality onto us.

And I'm only calling you one particular muppet. One grumpy, cantankerous, does nothing but complain muppet.

Lol. Wanting us to finish this debacle for the best possible outcome is grumpy, and canTANKerous. That makes me a Muppet. Thank you. Continue to be one of the handful of guys that run people out of here.

Lol. Wanting us to finish this debacle for the best possible outcome is grumpy, and canTANKerous. That makes me a Muppet. Thank you. Continue to be one of the handful of guys that run people out of here.

No.  Incessant bitching game after game about people cheering on a win in a game day thread is what makes you a curmudgeon.  Maybe game day threads just aren't for you for the next few weeks.

Edited by weave

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.