GDT: Buffalo @ Bahston, 7:30 pm EST, NBCSN

WildCard

So is everyone who wanted these precious points tonight going to be wanting the Sabres to win both games against the Yotes? Serious question because any other answer other than yes just doesn't make sense to me.

GUESS WHAT?  IF I ROOT FOR THE SABRES TO WIN OR TO LOSE, IT DOES NOT AFFECT THEIR PERFORMANCE.  Get over yourself, ya sourpuss.

I don't know wtf Kenny Albert was talking about during the game when he said the Sabres need to finish in the bottom two in order to land one of the top two picks. Obviously he doesn't know too much about the lottery. It's 30th or bust if you want to be guaranteed either of those two guys. If we don't finish 30th, our only chance at McDavid is to win the lottery. 29th place gets you third pick if that 30th place team doesn't win the lottery. Albert needs to go back to baseball or basketball or whatever sport he started in. Or maybe he should just forget broadcasting all together and start biting women like his old man.

I hate the tank. I hate everything about it. I would rather be competing for a playoff spot. But f me if your going to ram this shizit hockey up my ass for two years at least make it worth my while. Mitch Marner is not worth the crap we have had to endure. That is why I am pissed. I didn't want this horseshit in the first place.

You'd rather have Roy, Goose, Rivet, and Timmy back?

I hate the tank. I hate everything about it. I would rather be competing for a playoff spot. But f me if your going to ram this shizit hockey up my ass for two years at least make it worth my while. Mitch Marner is not worth the crap we have had to endure. That is why I am pissed. I didn't want this horseshit in the first place.

"Yes, I am!  Mom says if I keep drinking milk I'll grow up to be big enough to play in the NHL someday!"

Mitch%20Marner.jpg

Exactly, and season ticket holders with money involved definitely have a stake in this mess. I can't even give tickets away when I can't go.

I would love for the Sabres to land a generational talent but I will never give up on them regardless of how tough these last two years have been. I'm not openly rooting for them to lose but unless it's against a team like the chowdaheads , Queefs, or Canadiens I don't much mind when they lose this year because it helps the chances of drafting a generational talent. If they lose out on McDavid or Eichel they can still get a very talented player in the top 5.

I hate the tank. I hate everything about it. I would rather be competing for a playoff spotv and getting knocked out on the first round. But f me if your going to ram this shizit hockey up my ass for two years at least make it worth my while. Mitch Marner is not worth the crap we have had to endure. That is why I am pissed. I didn't want this horseshit in the first place.

Nor did I, and I completely understand.  

Exactly, and season ticket holders with money involved definitely have a stake in this mess. I can't even give tickets away when I can't go.

No sh*t.  Speaking of which, anyone want tix to 3/26 game?

I don't know wtf Kenny Albert was talking about during the game when he said the Sabres need to finish in the bottom two in order to land one of the top two picks. Obviously he doesn't know too much about the lottery. It's 30th or bust if you want to be guaranteed either of those two guys. If we don't finish 30th, our only chance at McDavid is to win the lottery. 29th place gets you third pick if that 30th place team doesn't win the lottery. Albert needs to go back to baseball or basketball or whatever sport he started in. Or maybe he should just forget broadcasting all together and start biting women like his old man.

Right.  And last night they kept talking about the Sabres as if they'd already locked up last place.  Sometimes these sports announcers are just ignorant.

GUESS WHAT?  IF I ROOT FOR THE SABRES TO WIN OR TO LOSE, IT DOES NOT AFFECT THEIR PERFORMANCE.  Get over yourself, ya sourpuss.

You do know that statements like that basically point out that being a fan is silly to begin with?  It's totally irrational to care about them winning or losing for precisely the reason that you said.  But, we do it anyway.  So, personally, I'll take a dozen losses now for a much better chance at some big wins for years to come.

You do know that statements like that basically point out that being a fan is silly to begin with?  It's totally irrational to care about them winning or losing for precisely the reason that you said.  But, we do it anyway.  So, personally, I'll take a dozen losses now for a much better chance at some big wins for years to come.

Much of the human experience is irrational.

Mr-Spock-mr-spock-10874060-1036-730.jpg

Live long and prosper.

Question for the tankers, if you root for the team to lose and then come here and get all defensive when some of us celebrate a well-deserved hard fought game.................. why do you even bother to watch the game? Seems like an awfully miserable form of entertainment. 

Can't you just take a break and let some of us enjoy a win?

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Question for the tankers, if you root for the team to lose and then come here and get all defensive when some of us celebrate a well-deserved hard fought game.................. why do you even bother to watch the game? Seems like an awfully miserable form of entertainment. 

Amen, bro.

3 point cushion with 2 games vs Zona. Can this season get any worse? Yes, yes it will. I just don't understand how anyone could want these points so I won't try to...

That's exactly how I feel. If we don't end up with one of the big two the tank could be in swing again next season because who ever Buffalo picks from 3-5 won't be on this team next year. I don't want to go through another year of watching this. At least McDavid or Eichel would make it exciting to watch with the addition of Kane.

I assure you. What ever thing you think is the most miserable thing, is a fetish for someone else.

And it probably has an entire community of websites dedicated to it.

There's what? Three of you? :p

I get where you're coming from. I'm indifferent towards the concept of people wanting us to win the game tonight. It's a hated rival. I get it.

I still want them to lose. I still won't target those who are rooting for them to win (unless they act like ). But, personally, I watch games this season because the games they're playing are more important than any game they've played in five years.

I literally cheer out loud when they get scored on.  I think of them like anti-goals and we want a lot of them.  Losing a game right now feels just as good as a win any other year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.