GDT: Sabres at Blue Jackets 2/24/2015 7pm MSG

Brawndo

Pysyk and Larsson both need to be up rest of season.  Also, grigs should get the next call up for girgensons.  None are waiver-exempt next year so let them play now

I think Pysyk should be told immediately after the game, you're going back to Roch. Here's a bus ticket and a coupon for McDonalds good at all service plaza's on the thruway. We don't want you here till next season.

Nobody is trading for a backup rental goalie. You call down to the farm.

Yes I'm kind of thinking that also except that maybe a legitimate contender would want him over an unknown kid for a deep run in the playoffs maybe?

You need goal tending next season. They already shipped off their number one, and the GM's goalie is here now. Neuvirth will be back.

I think Stewart is playing himself into another contract here, even if he goes as a rental for the rest of the season. He said earlier today he'd come back under those circumstances.

I don't know how GMTM is going to finish the tank, but he has to somehow, in my opinion. I enjoyed watching the win, but it also reinforced to me that I definitely want them to finish what Darcy started.

Pysyk and McCabe can complete the D roster next season based on what they've shown us these past few games.

It's a whacky situation, fer shure.

That's what I was thinking, but looks like it was the game after that when the beat the Sharks 4-1. Pretty safe to say they didn't have a 3 goal lead in any of the wins since then.

Not safe to say. They had a 3 goal lead on Detroit on January 18th. Lost 6-4.

I'm with you bio.

I have made my position abundantly clear.  I am against the tank and I will never, ever, hope the Sabres lose.

Oh, and from now on you will be known as ...

биомужлан

Since I am still on my best behaviour I will refrain from making any reference to sexy Russian female spies ... oooppppsssss.

:flirt:

I have no idea how to do the Russian translation everyone has grown fond of using lately, but coming from you I will take it as a compliment of sorts. :)

I think my point is that now, at this point of the season and where they stand, winning just seems so destructive to the future.

Sure -- IF you subscribe to the notion that McEichel are the only way forward. I certainly believe they can help, but I disagree they are absolutely necessary and the Sabres are doomed to perennial mediocrity without them. This is why I would prefer we agree to disagree rather than hearing the popular tank position that losing is the only path to hockey salvation and the rest of us are dolts for somehow failing to see this.

I have no idea how to do the Russian translation everyone has grown fond of using lately, but coming from you I will take it as a compliment of sorts. :)

Sure -- IF you subscribe to the notion that McEichel are the only way forward. I certainly believe they can help, but I disagree they are absolutely necessary and the Sabres are doomed to perennial mediocrity without them. This is why I would prefer we agree to disagree rather than hearing the popular tank position that losing is the only path to hockey salvation and the rest of us are dolts for somehow failing to see this.

True but with cojack you get there alot faster.    Also looking at our goals , these goals were giftwrapped by the blue jackets.

I really can't believe how whiny the tankers sound because we took 6 of 10 points from some of the league's worst teams. Give it a rest Jeremy White. There is plenty of season left to sit Neuvirth.

They sound like those idiot fans of a known playoff team crying that they have to fire the coach and do a total rebuild because they lost the season opener.

I may just have to stop listening to WGR until next year.

Edited by BolotoO

I really can't believe how whiny the tankers sound because we took 6 of 10 points from some of the league's worst teams. Give it a rest Jeremy White. There is plenty of season left to sit Neuvirth.

They sound like those idiot fans of a known playoff team crying that they have to fire the coach and do a total rebuild because they lost the season opener.

I may just have to stop listening to WGR until next year.

It sounds about as whiny as the anti tankers have sounded for most of the year. 

I agree.  There is no reason why we can't win without McJesus and no reason why we will automatically win with him.  If the "unthinkable" happens and the Sabres win a few games down the stretch then we still have the draft lottery (McDavid) and worst-case scenario we end up with one of the better defense prospects in years (Hanifin).  And, guys like Strome and Marner might have gone ahead of Reinhart were they in last year's draft.  No matter what happens we will have back-to-back top-5 picks, a stocked system, and a ton of cash to spend.

My theory on winning differs from that of most on this forum.  I think scoring gets you to the playoffs, but defense and goaltending wins you the Cup.  So I personally don't hate the idea of Hanifin should the "unthinkable" happen.

Can we not talk about the tank? It's annoying enough that it even exists.

I agree it is annoying as hell. I am so sick of it I could puke. However, it is the path this organization has rammed up our ass so we might as well see it through. I would be fine without McEichel - had we not tried so freaking hard to try to make it happen. From day 1 I was against the tanking logic. Over time we have no choice but to accept it and hope for the best possible outcome. That isn't Hannifan, Strome, or Marner.

So take the word tank out of it. I am sick of it also. From this point forward I think we should just hope for the best possible draft pick. That is our only reward for this horrendous stretch of Sabre history.

I agree it is annoying as hell. I am so sick of it I could puke. However, it is the path this organization has rammed up our ass so we might as well see it through. I would be fine without McEichel - had we not tried so freaking hard to try to make it happen. From day 1 I was against the tanking logic. Over time we have no choice but to accept it and hope for the best possible outcome. That isn't Hannifan, Strome, or Marner.

So take the word tank out of it. I am sick of it also. From this point forward I think we should just hope for the best possible draft pick. That is our only reward for this horrendous stretch of Sabre history.

:thumbsup:

It wasn't easy for any of us. You have been forced to put logic before passion, in a realm where passion rules. At the start of almost every season hope should spring eternal. But this year is like no other,  your passion should not be for the here and now, but for what could be. Be as passionately mad about 30th as a normal year about the cup, because just by finishing 30th, a goal set out to do by this organization, they will have succeeded in obtaining a very difficult objective.  By finishing last, we start a new, like a Phoenix rising from the ashes..  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.