GDT: Sabres at Blue Jackets 2/24/2015 7pm MSG

Brawndo

Because its not your opinion. Yeah that sounds about right. Read the rest of the thread from your post I've quoted and tell me there isn't equal whine from both sides. Thats all I opined about the whining sounding the same. I didn't ask for this tank either but i've accepted it. What else can I do ? I can't change the Sabres minds on their direction. So I go along. I'm certainly not whining about it. But I do want a high pick out of this clusterfukc of a season. There's no changing that so I won't deny it. I still wish the team well in the gdt prior to the game. GO SABRES ! Without fail. 21 games to go.

Cool. My point is that there is a lot less whining about it than it may seem. There certainly are some that have been pretty vocal one way or the other.

I think we even had a poll at one point during this garbage that has been sitting in place in a box car for two years fouling up the neighborhood. Pegulaville!

I'm on board as well despite fierce resistance to it. It is not anything I want to participate in. However, we are where we are and it will be a lot easier to look back if they land a golden ticket prize.  

Despite my fierce resistance to "it" (to appease some people) I don't feel that I went out of my way over the last two seasons feeling like I was whining about it. I've certainly made points along the way but my posts over the last two years have not been all whiny anti "it"

But I do want to say I will celebrate like the biggest fool on board if they succeed. All hail GMTM! So in the event they succeed at "it" I am going to be the lead bandwagoner.

Lastly let me apologize to you as I wasn't meaning to call you out on the issue. It sure did come across that way though and it's just me being me.

Cool. My point is that there is a lot less whining about it than it may seem. There certainly are some that have been pretty vocal one way or the other.

I think we even had a poll at one point during this garbage that has been sitting in place in a box car for two years fouling up the neighborhood. Pegulaville!

I'm on board as well despite fierce resistance to it. It is not anything I want to participate in. However, we are where we are and it will be a lot easier to look back if they land a golden ticket prize.  

Despite my fierce resistance to "it" (to appease some people) I don't feel that I went out of my way over the last two seasons feeling like I was whining about it. I've certainly made points along the way but my posts over the last two years have not been all whiny anti "it"

But I do want to say I will celebrate like the biggest fool on board if they succeed. All hail GMTM! So in the event they succeed at "it" I am going to be the lead bandwagoner.

Lastly let me apologize to you as I wasn't meaning to call you out on the issue. It sure did come across that way though and it's just me being me.

We're cool and thanks. Everyone wants success for the team in the end . I'm not sure if there's a right or wrong way to go about it but we can all agree we want to win the ultimate prize. Then we celebrate as one.

We're cool and thanks. Everyone wants success for the team in the end . I'm not sure if there's a right or wrong way to go about it but we can all agree we want to win the ultimate prize. Then we celebrate as one.

:thumbsup:

If it works we won't have anything to complain about because Buffalo will party so hard that it will cease to exist.

So if the tank doesn't work, those who were in favor of it need to exile ourselves in fear of your mighty crusade and if it does work all should be forgotten. Not sure if this is just whiny self-entitlement or if you just have delusions of grandeur, but I'm guessing it's both.

So if the tank doesn't work, those who were in favor of it need to exile ourselves in fear of your mighty crusade and if it does work all should be forgotten. Not sure if this is just whiny self-entitlement or if you just have delusions of grandeur, but I'm guessing it's both.

You don't get 20,000 posts without a little delusions of grandeur/self-entitlement. :thumbsup:

You don't get 20,000 posts without a little delusions of grandeur/self-entitlement. :thumbsup:

Yep. I guess he's a special little snowflake entitled to criticize and not be criticized. It'll be funny a few years from now when many of the anti-takers are sporting their Reinhart and McEichel avatars, usernames, and jerseys, praising their hard work and good play all while ignoring the fact that tanking was a necessary evil in order to get those particular players including the one Mr. Snowflake currently champions.

Edited by Drunkard

Yep. I guess he's a special little snowflake entitled to criticize and not be criticized. It'll be funny a few years from now when many of the anti-takers are sporting their Reinhart and McEichel avatars, usernames, and jerseys, praising their hard work and good play all while ignoring the fact that tanking was a necessary evil in order to get those particular players including the one Mr. Snowflake currently champions.

Here's my point -> o

You missed it.

I guess no one wants to find humor in anything anymore.

I'm trying here. I must be doing it wrong.

If it works and we mount a campaign to tell you that you're not allowed to cheer for Reinhart or McEichel, is that funny, or annoying? When this is all over, for better or worse, we all need to group hug and sing koombayah.

I figured claiming that I would carry out the largest internet crusade of all time would be a hint that I wasn't serious. Everyone knows that no one, not even PA, has that kind of free time.

So now it's humor. You and inkman and several others have pissed and moaned about tanking non-stop on a daily basis, so when you make a statement like the one you made it isn't all that far fetched to imagine it continuing.

I'm not interested in having the dirt of being pro-tank on my hands.

I figured claiming that I would carry out the largest internet crusade of all time would be a hint that I wasn't serious. Everyone knows that no one, not even PA, has that kind of free time.

Un-ban Dwight. He might be crazy/committed enough to pull that kind of crusade off. :flirt:

If it works and we mount a campaign to tell you that you're not allowed to cheer for Reinhart or McEichel, is that funny, or annoying? When this is all over, for better or worse, we all need to group hug and sing koombayah.

You forgot Zadorov because we never would have had him if we didn't trade away one of our best players who still had term on his contract because that was 100% a tanking/rebuilding move.

I don't really care either way and he can criticize and say whatever he wants but it's hypocritical and I'm happy to point it out anytime the incessant bitching about tanking happens to get on my nerves.

Well tanking got us the player in your avatar, so it's hypocritical to condemn the strategy while trumpeting the results of that strategy. Welcome to the dirt pile, comrade.

You forgot Zadorov because we never would have had him if we didn't trade away one of our best players who still had term on his contract because that was 100% a tanking/rebuilding move.

I don't really care either way and he can criticize and say whatever he wants but it's hypocritical and I'm happy to point it out anytime the incessant bitching about tanking happens to get on my nerves.

Well tanking got us the player in your avatar, so it's hypocritical to condemn the strategy while trumpeting the results of that strategy. Welcome to the dirt pile, comrade.

To be fair, 16th overall is hardly "tanking". I would argue being sellers at the deadline and full blown tanking are way different things.

Tanking didn't get us Zadorov, rebuilding did. And as I've established time and again, rebuilding =/= tanking.

To be fair, 16th overall is hardly "tanking". I would argue being sellers at the deadline and full blown tanking are way different things.

The fact that the pick we got from Minnesota was the 16th pick is irrelevant. The tanking part of that move was trading Pominville even though he wasn't a pending UFA. He had an additional year on his contract and he had spent his entire career with the Sabres. I don't imagine we would've had any trouble resigning him but they were looking to do a complete and utter blowing up of the roster and rebuilding it from scratch. That's tanking.

Tanking didn't get us Zadorov, rebuilding did. And as I've established time and again, rebuilding =/= tanking.

Rebuilding may not equal tanking in all instances but rebuilding to the extent that we did is the same thing as tanking. This team jettisoned every single veteran of any value whatsoever for future considerations. Rebuilding on that scale and knowing your team is going to stink/suffer/etc is tanking whether you want to admit it to yourself or not.

Edited by Drunkard

Pominville wasn't a pending UFA though. He had an additional year on his contract and he had spent his entire career with the Sabres. I don't imagine we would've had any trouble resigning him but they were looking to do a complete and utter blowing up of the roster and rebuilding it from scratch.

Rebuilding may not equal tanking in all instances but rebuilding to the extent that we did is the same thing as tanking. This team jettisoned every single veteran of any value whatsoever for future considerations. Rebuilding on that scale and knowing your team is going to stink/suffer/etc is tanking whether you want to admit it to yourself or not.

And I'm going to support whatever player this mess winds up getting us too. But I won't support a situation that could have been avoided by firing Darcy Regier sooner. Accepting the tank is acknowledging that Regier knew what he was doing. And I will never do that.

The fact that the pick we got from Minnesota was the 16th pick is irrelevant. The tanking part of that move was trading Pominville even though he wasn't a pending UFA. He had an additional year on his contract and he had spent his entire career with the Sabres. I don't imagine we would've had any trouble resigning him but they were looking to do a complete and utter blowing up of the roster and rebuilding it from scratch. That's tanking.

No its not tanking. The Patriots do this with veteran players every year. Getting value for a player while his value is higher in the market than your perceived internal value is just smart GM work. Now you can argue the merits of whether or not we got good value for Pominville, but that was a re-building move.

Tanking is intentionally rostering a team for the full season with the intention of finishing last. That year we had the #8 and #16. That is still in the "cycle of mediocrity" draft range.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.