Trade Deadline 2015 (March 2nd, 3 p.m.)

Hoss

Well, this sucks. We have competition now for a Cup in a couple of years. :(

“It was very clear where we needed to take this team. … We’re resetting this team,” said Arizona GM Don Maloney. “We’re gaining assets that 3-4-5 years from now will put us in a position to win a Stanley Cup.”

Well, this sucks. We have competition now for a Cup in a couple of years. :(

“It was very clear where we needed to take this team. … We’re resetting this team,” said Arizona GM Don Maloney. “We’re gaining assets that 3-4-5 years from now will put us in a position to win a Stanley Cup.”

More like Arizona GM Don Balogna, amirite?

Last year, IIRC, TSN's TradeCentre was simulcast on NHL Network for those of us in the States. 

I can't tell if this is a simulcast of TSN or not, but NHL Network has live league-wide coverage here for folks who want a broader scope than GR's Sabres-focused coverage: 

http://www.nhl.com/ice/eventhome.htm?location=/deadline/2015/experience&navid=nhl:topheads

This year NHL Network has SportsNation or whatever it is.  So no TSN guys.  SIgh.

Flynn is an interesting move in that it clears some of the logjam of players at that level.  It'll open up spots on the roster for the remainder of this year and into next which in turn opens up spots down in Rochester for some of the Junior/College prospects.

Or maybe it's market manipulation by GMTM:  "Chris, I know you can be a big part of the team but apparently the league doesn't think you're worth more than a 4th.  So how 'bout you accept this very fair (low-ball) offer?"

I think that happens anyway. But I am more confident in the shart when every team knows these guys can be had for next to nothing, yet nobody wants them. I also think we need to keep stocking the farm. The Kane/Bogosian deal was possible because we had assets on the farm that people wanted. I would take the picks, and look to bolster the roster in the off season via trades. I think it was you who previously stated they are currency.

Jesus christ... Hopefully this isn't true.

Hearing @BuffaloSabres considering moving Stewart for a 4th Rd pick and a conditional. Market starting to dry up. #lottatimeleft

Did you just post speculation in the actual trade thread?

Did we really think Stewart had that much value to begin with?  Wasn't he basically a cap dump by the Blues last year?  I know he does more than just score but guy hasn't potted more than 18 goals in six straight years now.  I think he's worth more than a 4th but it not like we're trading Vanek or Pommer.

Totally agree.  There's been way too much hallucination going on here over his value.

Flynn not the game changing trade we need.

Did you think that type of trade was going to happen today?

I have no idea who this big-headed dude on TSN's panel is but holy is he stupid. Says that the Blues need to be willing to make a trade if they want a goalie, essentially saying they haven't tried (hello MILLER). Said that he doesn't think they can win with what they have but Elliott is having a crazy year.

Also said earlier that he doesn't like Kane because he's always texting and on social media when he's walking into the arena.

Absolutely. Trading Neuvirth and Stewart are the game changers they need to improve the tank. Flynn is interchangeable with "insert Amerk here".

I see -- I didn't realize you were referring to the tank.

In that case, I agree with you on Neuvirth, but not on Stewart. 

I'm okay with Flynn moving on,  He's been a consummate professional on the ice and in the locker room.  Those kind of guys can be replaced with Larsson, and others.  We're still waiting on the Neuvirth, Stewart, Meszaros, Benoit arena.  Unless an unusual move comes forth on Ennis, I don't see anything but the regular cast of moves between now and 3:00PM EST. 

I see -- I didn't realize you were referring to the tank.

In that case, I agree with you on Neuvirth, but not on Stewart.

Agreed unless Murray can get something decent for stewart, not just a fourth, then resign him... That being said he should have been able to. neuvirth get what ever you can for him... Though i like the guy, seems like he is finding his stride.

Of all days Murray doesn't need to worry about being a media ###### this is one of them. Do your f'ing job and talk to the media at 3:30.

This rubs me the wrong way.

Actually, it is the incessant "I know how to do your job better than you" posts that are irksome. Can some people just let the guy do his job?

Agreed unless Murray can get something decent for stewart, not just a fourth, then resign him... That being said he should have been able to. neuvirth get what ever you can for him... Though i like the guy, seems like he is finding his stride.

I have no desire to re-sign Stewart either.  He's really JAG, IMHO.  I just think keeping him vs trading him really doesn't impact the tank.  He's not a difference-maker.

Hell I'm all in on Neuvich..... Neuvirth.... and his magical glove.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.