Trade Deadline 2015 (March 2nd, 3 p.m.)

Hoss

Did we really think Stewart had that much value to begin with?  Wasn't he basically a cap dump by the Blues last year?  I know he does more than just score but guy hasn't potted more than 18 goals in six straight years now.  I think he's worth more than a 4th but it not like we're trading Vanek or Pommer.

Hey now, you can't potentially freak out about not offloading the UFAs and simultaneously be annoyed at the return. Pick a side! :P

Actually I can. The phrasing shows that Murray missed the boat here. I would give them all away for a seventh, but it shouldn't have come to this.

I thought Stewart's value was way lower than what everybody said to begin with, but I was thinking a second plus another mediocre piece would've been the final price.

Edited by Tank

Actually I can. The phrasing shows that Murray missed the boat here. I would give them all away for a seventh, but it shouldn't have come to this.

I thought Stewart's value was way lower than what everybody said to begin with, but I was thinking a second plus another mediocre piece would've been the final price.

I think the stress has finally gotten to you. Apparently the asking price for Stewart was a 2nd and a prospect...if you thought his value was "way lower"...that brings us to what it looks like we may get for him, a 3rd or 4th.

Unless a miracle happens I just don't see any of our UFA's fetch anything of major value. At this point I don't trade Stewart for a 4th as I would rather them sign him. Why would you overpay for a guy that was in the coaches doghouse and has been on the down swing since Colorado days?

Why would you sign him then?  What I glean from this is that the crap on this roster is non marketable to any real team.  Yet people on here want to sign these turds to long term deals to flesh out the lineup.  Curious to say the least. 

Did we really think Stewart had that much value to begin with?  Wasn't he basically a cap dump by the Blues last year?  I know he does more than just score but guy hasn't potted more than 18 goals in six straight years now.  I think he's worth more than a 4th but it not like we're trading Vanek or Pommer.

Agree.  Maybe GMTM was holding out for a 2nd knowing that was a stretch.  If his real worth was a 4th to begin with, we're only losing value to an unrealistic expectation, not reality.  We'll get the 4th later on today.

Why would you sign him then?  What I glean from this is that the crap on this roster is non marketable to any real team.  Yet people on here want to sign these turds to long term deals to flesh out the lineup.  Curious to say the least. 

A 4th rounder probaby won't be playing in the NHL and even if he does it will be years away. Lets face it folks this team really doesn't need more picks but players that can play at the NHL level. If Murray is all about finishing 30th then he unloads all UFA's for next to nothing.

Or maybe it's market manipulation by GMTM:  "Chris, I know you can be a big part of the team but apparently the league doesn't think you're worth more than a 4th.  So how 'bout you accept this very fair (low-ball) offer?"

Or maybe it's market manipulation by GMTM: "Chris, I know you can be a big part of the team but apparently the league doesn't think you're worth more than a 4th. So how 'bout you accept this very fair (low-ball) offer?"

At this point this is what I'm hoping for. Take what you can get on the other guys. I think Stewart would be alright next to a good center like Reinhart.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.