Sign in to follow this  
qwksndmonster

Video Games

Anyone picking up Madden 20?  Haven’t purchased Madden in years.  But w/ Josh Allen being in his 2nd season and the Bills roster looking to be improved, thinking it might be worth it.  How has the gameplay been the last few years?  It can be fun to be a GM, but game play is what matters the most, in my opinion.  So,  worth buying?  

My wife got me the Xbox one S bundled with Battlefield 1for an anniversary gift. I’ve played mostly just FPS forever on pc. This is my first console since an old Sega. The first two hours of play were rough. I couldn’t hit a bull in the ass with a barn shovel. I literally would shoot over the head, then over each shoulder and once between the knees every time. I was laughing my ass off the whole time. My brain is rewriting the necessary code though and I’m starting to have some fun. Looking forward to the Fallen Order game coming out next month.

Edited by Ogre

17 hours ago, Ogre said:

My wife got me the Xbox one S bundled with Battlefield 1for an anniversary gift. I’ve played mostly just FPS forever on pc. This is my first console since an old Sega. The first two hours of play were rough. I couldn’t hit a bull in the ass with a barn shovel. I literally would shoot over the head, then over each shoulder and once between the knees every time. I was laughing my ass off the whole time. My brain is rewriting the necessary code though and I’m starting to have some fun. Looking forward to the Fallen Order game coming out next month.

I had a similar experience with Borderlands 3 on the PS4 last month.  I've played the entire series so far on the PS3, so I figured I'd have no trouble.  But they tweaked the controls just enough that I was shooting like Alexi Zhitnik at first.  And that's not even a PC to console switch.  I've adapted now, but I'm playing the game in a completely different style than I did with the earlier ones.

Sorry if it's buried somewhere in this thread but I'm looking to buy a new Video Game Console.  I had an Xbox 360 most recently.  The Nintendo switch looks awesome but the games are not appealing in the least.  I'm looking to do so for some bonding with my 5 year old.  I'd like games I can play with him but also without him.  Most interested in sports games and exploration, adventure, shooting games.  Any advice you can offer would be great.  

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Sorry if it's buried somewhere in this thread but I'm looking to buy a new Video Game Console.  I had an Xbox 360 most recently.  The Nintendo switch looks awesome but the games are not appealing in the least.  I'm looking to do so for some bonding with my 5 year old.  I'd like games I can play with him but also without him.  Most interested in sports games and exploration, adventure, shooting games.  Any advice you can offer would be great.  

A system to grow into with the 5 year old and have a huge selection of used games from a local GameStop so you aren’t blowing $50-$60 a game ... I’ve owned nothing but PlayStations. There are free game downloads as well on the PS network. I would recommend PS4. Look online as to the pluses and minuses of the Xbox vs. PS4. You’ll see what works for you and your family. Between the two systems, you can’t go wrong.

12 minutes ago, inkman said:

Are there any franchises you are into like say Marvel, Star Wars, HP, Indiana Jones, etc? Not sure if you have every tried any of the Lego games, but while the gameplay mechanics are rather straightforward, they have a great exploration element to them, especially if you are a fan of the worlds themselves. Even with it being Lego, the Harry Potter games for example are probably the most immersive HP gaming experience out there, that I've found as a fan. 

I'm not sure if they'd be up your alley if you aren't say a big Star Wars fan or what have you, as they trend towards being a more simple type game, but your son might really enjoy them and they are 2-player at the same time co-op games. They are available on most of the new consoles I believe. I play them with my young nephew (he's 5) and he really likes them. 

- - - 

Sports games are pretty similar across say PS4 and X-Box One. 

Edited by Thorny

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Are there any franchises you are into like say Marvel, Star Wars, HP, Indiana Jones, etc? Not sure if you have every tried any of the Lego games, but while the gameplay mechanics are rather straightforward, they have a great exploration element to them, especially if you are a fan of the worlds themselves. Even with it being Lego, the Harry Potter games for example are probably the most immersive HP gaming experience out there, that I've found as a fan. 

I'm not sure if they'd be up your alley if you aren't say a big Star Wars fan or what have you, as they trend towards being a more simple type game, but your son might really enjoy them and they are 2-player at the same time co-op games. They are available on most of the new consoles I believe. I play them with my young nephew (he's 5) and he really likes them. 

My favorite games from Xbox were Far Cry, Halo, Madden, NCAA Football, Assassin's Creed, GTA.  

My son watches these God awful youtube videos of Minecraft, Hello Neighbor, and stuff like that.  

• Like (+1) 1

The only caveat I will add regarding the Playstation and Xbox is that new systems are coming next year, and both should be backward compatible with all current games.