qwksndmonster

• 1 month later...

So my brother bought us a second Xbox controller for Christmas so that Josie can play video games with me. We're going at it in Forza tonight and having a good time. It's nice that you can set different difficulty levels for each driver. I can play on Pro and she can play on Medium and it makes things competitive. Plus you can "rent" any car you want in the game library.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Any chance EA updates the rosters in NHL 18 w/ Mittelstadt included?

There's a chance.  I'm trying to recall when the last roster update usually occurs but I want to say it's just before the playoffs.  

• 4 weeks later...

I played the new God of War game for an hour last night and enjoyed it immediately.  I was going to avoid it until Black Friday or some other nice sale, but I got sucked in by the hype and it is promising so far.

I never played anything but the original, but for some reason the ads have made me curious about that game.  I barely ever buy games anymore and right now, the only future game I can say I'll buy is Red Dead Redemption 2.

• 1 month later...

Bethesda announced a new Fallout will be coming out.  No word on what type of game though.  Hoping it's not an online game.... 

Been hearing it's some kind of co-op or potentially online multiplayer.

Which I'm personally super duper meh about. But I guess props for experimentation/trying something new. 

It'll be interesting to have the setting be the earliest entry into the Wasteland- 25 years after the bomb.

E3 is in a couple weeks- don't have long to wait to know.

Edited by josie

Been hearing it's some kind of co-op or potentially online multiplayer.

Which I'm personally super duper meh about. But I guess props for experimentation/trying something new.

It'll be interesting to have the setting be the earliest entry into the Wasteland- 25 years after the bomb.

E3 is in a couple weeks- don't have long to wait to know.

Yep - Looks like it will be an online multiplayer. Very disappointed w/ that. But there may be good news. Rumor is Bethesda will also be revealing Fallout 3 Remastered. That’d be very cool. Put many hours into the original Fallout 3.

• 2 weeks later...

E3 is in full swing. Bethesda officially announced Elder Scrolls VI is the “next, next” game they are working on. No type of release date was given. Also it was not said what systems it will be available on. Hopefully not as late as the next generation of consoles (ps5, Xbox ?).

Edited by GoPre

• 1 month later...

Alright, hopefully there's at least one PC gamer here who can help me out...

This year Madden is coming back to the PC. I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, so I was hoping my laptop would be able to run Madden. I could just buy a controller for it and not need to buy a system.

Only issue is that I ran a test to see if my laptop would stand up to minimum requirements, and this is where I get confused...

I have a GeForce GT 635M video card. The minimum video card listed is GeForce GTX 660. BUT, I meet all the required minimum attributes of the video card which are:

Pixel Shader    5.0    (5.0 minimum)
Vertex Shader    5.0    (5.0 minimum)
Dedicated Video RAM    2.048 GB    (2.0 GB minimum)

Everything other spec I pass the minimum requirements. I have an Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, and over 800 GB of disk space. 

So even though my video card is "too old" all the minimum attributes of the card are met with mine. Does anyone know if I'll be able to run Madden? 

14 hours ago, The Dominator said:

Alright, hopefully there's at least one PC gamer here who can help me out...

This year Madden is coming back to the PC. I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, so I was hoping my laptop would be able to run Madden. I could just buy a controller for it and not need to buy a system.

Only issue is that I ran a test to see if my laptop would stand up to minimum requirements, and this is where I get confused...

I have a GeForce GT 635M video card. The minimum video card listed is GeForce GTX 660. BUT, I meet all the required minimum attributes of the video card which are:

Pixel Shader    5.0    (5.0 minimum)
Vertex Shader    5.0    (5.0 minimum)
Dedicated Video RAM    2.048 GB    (2.0 GB minimum)

Everything other spec I pass the minimum requirements. I have an Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, and over 800 GB of disk space. 

So even though my video card is "too old" all the minimum attributes of the card are met with mine. Does anyone know if I'll be able to run Madden? 

If your machine only meets the minimum requirements and the card is actually too old then my expectation is that the game will “run” but you won’t like how it runs.

it will probably require running in the lowest resolution with most features dialed down or turned off to the point that it doesn’t look that good.

30 minutes ago, LTS said:

If your machine only meets the minimum requirements and the card is actually too old then my expectation is that the game will “run” but you won’t like how it runs.

it will probably require running in the lowest resolution with most features dialed down or turned off to the point that it doesn’t look that good.

Gotcha, good to know. I’m glad I didn’t drop $60 on a game that wouldn’t run properly. Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, GoPre said:

Anyone going for Madden 19?  Has a 82 on Metacritic.  2 reasons I may pick it up.  Havent bought Madden in 5 years.  Want to play w/ current roster....especially Josh Allen at qb. 

This is my first year in a few years with access to a newer console. I was on the fence about Madden and NHL but the NHL demo is absolutely terrible and Madden pulled that whack censorship of Colin Kaepernick for the second year in a row so I'm skipping out.

Honestly, I've played nothing but Fortnite for months. I paid $10 for it and it's the most fun I've had on any video game not named Zelda or Jak and Daxter.

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm waiting for NHL 19, which is getting very good reviews. 

Yeah.......

Until I can see the 5 on 5 game play and see if they've updated ANY of the AI I am not going to bother.  I have EA Access so I've been able to eventually play the last two NHL games (usually around April) and they still suffer from the same ridiculous AI.

From what I've seen they keep adding different ways to play the same game.  It's all cosmetics and nothing of substance. I love that they "learned" from their Star Wars Battlefield 2 debacle of pay to win.  Get people to pay millions of dollars so they can wear a new t-shirt in their pond hockey game.  It works, but it doesn't do anything to improve the actual game.

So, the AI will continue to do the most ridiculous things on Earth (but only your teams AI, not the CPU AI). 

I love hockey.. and I still play them.. and next April when NHL 19 hits EA Access I will probably give it a shot.  They destroyed the game in NHL 14, they made it WORSE in NHL 15, and they've not been able to get back to anything good yet.  They just keep adding fluff.  They're more focused on how many HUT packs I can get rather than worrying about the fact that a billion HUT packs won't change the fact that a 99 rated defenseman will stand there watching an offender bury a one-timer from 4 feet away never moving to cover him or that my defender will take the puck from behind the net and skate it INTO my goalie and the puck will go in my net or that my goalie will kick it into his own net or watch the puck flop around in front of him whereas the opposition goaltender (vs CPU) will drive 10 feet out of the crease to cover the same puck.

Blah... I am sure you didn't want to know how I really feel.. ?

53 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm waiting for NHL 19, which is getting very good reviews. 

I’ve played the demo and actual NHL gameplay seems atrocious to me. The series has been terrible for a long time now.

There’s some fun to be had in the EASHL but not enough to warrant $60.