qwksndmonster

17 minutes ago, shrader said:

I haven't been spoiled at all, but having played the first game, it seems pretty clear what has to happen to most of these people.

Yup. I never played the other ones so I wouldn't have guessed the ending. Now that I know what happens, I'm not super excited to get there.

21 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Yup. I never played the other ones so I wouldn't have guessed the ending. Now that I know what happens, I'm not super excited to get there.

But it does give you the opportunity to follow it up with the first game.  Might be worthwhile.  That one was pretty good.

Nice...

I bought a PS4 late last year... now I have Xbox/PS4/PC.  I basically never use the Xbox anymore (it's for the kids).

Still only play NHL or Call of Duty.. I have RDR2 but I can't find interest in playing it.  Probably because I play too much Destiny 2 on PC.

If someone were to sit in the room and watch me play RDR2, they'd be very worried for my future.  I was working on some hunting missions that had me walking circles around a pond and shooting every single duck or bird I saw.  One particular spot wound up with a pile of about 15 birds.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, shrader said:

If someone were to sit in the room and watch me play RDR2, they'd be very worried for my future.  I was working on some hunting missions that had me walking circles around a pond and shooting every single duck or bird I saw.  One particular spot wound up with a pile of about 15 birds.

My wife will drop in every once in a while, I'm always just riding around. It takes a long time to get places!

Just now, sabills said:

My wife will drop in every once in a while, I'm always just riding around. It takes a long time to get places!

I've been making a lot more use of the trains and something I call "camp warping". If I get myself into some real weird off the path place I just set up camp and inevitably the game will place my camp closer to a handy road.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, darksabre said:

I've been making a lot more use of the trains and something I call "camp warping". If I get myself into some real weird off the path place I just set up camp and inevitably the game will place my camp closer to a handy road.

Alot of times I'll set Arthur heading somewhere and then use the cinematic view to let him travel by himself while I go pee or stare at my phone (which is fine until you get jumped by the gorram Murfree Brood or something). I probably should train/stagecoach it more, especially for long distances. I used fast travel stuff all the time in RDR1.

4 minutes ago, sabills said:

Alot of times I'll set Arthur heading somewhere and then use the cinematic view to let him travel by himself while I go pee or stare at my phone (which is fine until you get jumped by the gorram Murfree Brood or something). I probably should train/stagecoach it more, especially for long distances. I used fast travel stuff all the time in RDR1.

Effing hillbillies 

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Have you had the hillbillies try to trap you by hanging a dead body from a tree?

That one really pissed me off because I was super in the middle of something lol

I really wanted to check out that body after I took care of them, but I wound up being wanted and had to get away before I could check it out.  I don't know if there was anything more I could do, but I would have at least tried to shoot out the rope.

My most recent encounter was with a KKK ceremony in the woods.  That one was pretty hilarious.

1 minute ago, sabills said:

I love running into the KKK. Its the only time I have a great opportunity to use my dynamite.

The other day I didn't realize that when you run out of regular rifle ammo, it automatically switches to explosive ammo.  I wasn't expecting that gator to blow up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shrader said:

The other day I didn't realize that when you run out of regular rifle ammo, it automatically switches to explosive ammo.  I wasn't expecting that gator to blow up.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

I haven't messed with explosive ammo yet but maybe I should start...

Pump action shotgun + explosive slug = Murfrees turning into pink mist

• Thanks (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone play Eastside hockey manager? Pretty much every league you could want. (Going cheap on Steam just now). I have installed this season's rosters via the steam "workshop".

Got a chance to sit with it for a couple of hours today, holy moley this could be a hyoooooj devourer of time. Shame there's not an mobile version.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/301120/Eastside_Hockey_Manager/ 

And for customisation

https://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/index.php 

Edited by steveoath
Added links