qwksndmonster

Nintendo is at it again. An SNES Classic will be released in September. If people thought it was difficult to find an NES Class, wait until they attempt to find the SNES. The demand/supply won't match. Here's the lineup.

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy III
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Mega Man X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2
  • Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch-Out
  • Yoshi's Island
Too bad Chrono Trigger, NHL 94, NBA Jam and MK2 weren't included.

Classic SNES looks awesome, two controllers come with it this time and at 5ft length instead of 3ft. Just wish DKC 2 &3 were also included.

I'll be inline at walwart for hours on release night for this. Otherwise I'll just pay double on Amazon asap just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

So now that I've had the Switch for 3-4 months, I feel like I can do a quick review on my happiness with the system so far. I must say at the risk of sounding a bit exaggerated I believe this to be my favorite all time system; a bold statement yes but it's how I feel. The overall polish of the system, the AAA titles steadily coming in every month and the versatility of the system has blown me away.

I always play in docked mode, but that's just out of personal preference. It runs smooth as can be in portable mode, and I really appreciate the ability to bring it to my library to access their wifi for downloads and updates, as I don't have internet at my house. My kids love it as well. It's a game system that keeps the whole family entertained.

So far the games I have are

• Zelda BOTW
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • ARMS
  • Fast RMX
  • Minecraft
  • Super Bomberman R
  • Ultimate Street Fighter 2

Games that I'm getting between now and the rest of the year will be

• Splatoon 2
  • Mario Odessey
  • Skyrim (drools)
  • Sonic Mania
  • Namco Museum

That dozen games right there is honestly enough for a system library in and of itself for me. These games will keep me occupied for a very long time and this is just year 1. I obviously am in pretty dire need of an NHL game and can only hope that EA's FIFA on switch this year sells well enough for them to consider bringing other sports tiles over. I'm really happy with this purchase though. I even traded in my PS4 and library for all Switch stuff.

Edited by Saratoga Sabres Fan

So now that I've had the Switch for 3-4 months, I feel like I can do a quick review on my happiness with the system so far. I must say at the risk of sounding a bit exaggerated I believe this to be my favorite all time system; a bold statement yes but it's how I feel. The overall polish of the system, the AAA titles steadily coming in every month and the versatility of the system has blown me away.

I always play in docked mode, but that's just out of personal preference. It runs smooth as can be in portable mode, and I really appreciate the ability to bring it to my library to access their wifi for downloads and updates, as I don't have internet at my house. My kids love it as well. It's a game system that keeps the whole family entertained.

So far the games I have are

• Zelda BOTW
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • ARMS
  • Fast RMX
  • Minecraft
  • Super Bomberman R
  • Ultimate Street Fighter 2
Games that I'm getting between now and the rest of the year will be
  • Splatoon 2
  • Mario Odessey
  • Skyrim (drools)
  • Sonic Mania
  • Namco Museum

That dozen games right there is honestly enough for a system library in and of itself for me. These games will keep me occupied for a very long time and this is just year 1. I obviously am in pretty dire need of an NHL game and can only hope that EA's FIFA on switch this year sells well enough for them to consider bringing other sports tiles over. I'm really happy with this purchase though. I even traded in my PS4 and library for all Switch stuff.

Well done, Saratoga. Enjoyed reading your review.

It's beginning to look like the Switch will be very difficult to find this Christmas. I haven't attempted to buy one yet, but I still haven't seen one in stores. Every time I have checked online, it's listed as out of stock. My kids will be asking Santa for a Switch, so I gotta "help" the guy deliver. I can see many being much like Arnold in the movie Jingle All the Way. The demand/supply is nowhere close to matching. The moment I see a Switch I'll pick it up. The sooner the better. Would not like trying to beat the crowds this Holiday season.

Well done, Saratoga. Enjoyed reading your review.

It's beginning to look like the Switch will be very difficult to find this Christmas. I haven't attempted to buy one yet, but I still haven't seen one in stores. Every time I have checked online, it's listed as out of stock. My kids will be asking Santa for a Switch, so I gotta "help" the guy deliver. I can see many being much like Arnold in the movie Jingle All the Way. The demand/supply is nowhere close to matching. The moment I see a Switch I'll pick it up. The sooner the better. Would not like trying to beat the crowds this Holiday season.

Keep an eye on Amazon, you can get one that way. Don't wait until Christmas though try to get it as soon as you can and then store it til Christmas. Best of luck man!

• 1 month later...

All Time: 

1: Final Fantasy VII (PS1)

2: Zelda Twilight Princess (Game Cube)

3: Pokemon Yellow

4: Super Mario World (Super Nintendo)

5: Goldeneye (N64)

6: Drakes Uncharted 1 and 4 (PS3 and 4)

7: The Witcher III (I was completely foreign to the game, and I'm addicted since)

8: Zelda Ocraina of Time 

9: Kingdom Hearts I (

10: NHL 94 (Sega CD)

I would kill somebody for a PS4 and a tv to play it with right now.

I didn't have a TV during my first semester of freshman year and the internet hardly existed. I had to listen to the Aaron Boone walk off home run in Game 7 on my alarm clock radio.

But I had Max Payne 2, and that was all that mattered.

Edited by ubkev

I didn't have a TV during my first semester of freshman year and the internet hardly existed. I had to listen to the Aaron Boone walk off home run in Game 7 on my alarm clock radio.

ha And the big multiplayer was Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64.  People actually had to be in the same room to go against one another.  Good times. 

Max Payne 2 came out in 2003.  Not only did the internet exist, but it was years after the dot-com bubble.

I think I can feel my gaming abilities degrade by the day. I'm getting my ass kicked in Uncharted 4. :(

Trying it on Crushing, but still.

I had a fair amount of trouble with it. But my last action adventure gaming experience was Ocarina of Time, in like 99 or 00 and then Max Payne 2 on 03. So it's been a while.

All Time: 

1: Final Fantasy VII (PS1)

2: Zelda Twilight Princess (Game Cube)

3: Pokemon Yellow

4: Super Mario World (Super Nintendo)

5: Goldeneye (N64)

6: Drakes Uncharted 1 and 4 (PS3 and 4)

7: The Witcher III (I was completely foreign to the game, and I'm addicted since)

8: Zelda Ocraina of Time 

9: Kingdom Hearts I (

10: NHL 94 (Sega CD)

Pffffft. That game's not even the best in the series, let alone best game of all time.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone pick up NHL 18?  Couldn't tell you the last time I didn't buy it, but I may wait this year.  At least until Thanksgiving when prices are cut in half.  From what I've read, few changes have been made.  Pretty much a roster update.  Too bad NHL 2k is no longer made.  No competition for EA = little need for improvement.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...