qwksndmonster

I used to love the competitive aspect of FPS games. But then two things happened: 1) Everything was morphed into a class-based team shooter, and 2) I lost the free time to play enough to be good, and getting smoked by a bunch of 14 year olds who play 6 hours per day is not fun.

So I'm on to mostly RPGs and adventure games.

The competitive aspect of FPS died with me at the age of 15. X box came out and my friends wanted to beat my ass at halo, where as I wanted to beat their ass at wiffle ball. Bunch of pussies.

I used to love the competitive aspect of FPS games. But then two things happened: 1) Everything was morphed into a class-based team shooter, and 2) I lost the free time to play enough to be good, and getting smoked by a bunch of 14 year olds who play 6 hours per day is not fun.

I learned pretty quickly to pretend to be a dude. You can only take so many rape/slut jokes before you get sick of playing. Played a bit of COD in college but it always just got sh!tty and I gave up. 

I would like to try Overwatch, and Rocket League looked like a blast. 

Story games are my speed. But I never have time to sink into anything of substance anymore, so I pretty much just play Animal Crossing. It's beautiful and wholesome and calming and mindless. 

Edited by Josie914

The last FPS that I really, really loved was the last Time Splitters on GameCube. And that of course was from the team that made goldeneye if memory serves me. Fighters, platformers and racing games have always been my favorite. Im old school though and dont have internet.

But hey, if you really like being called an N word over and over, first person shooters are the place for you. Given my penchant for pointing out people's similarities to Doug Whaley, I fit right in.

Ooooooo!!! Bam!

The last FPS that I really, really loved was the last Time Splitters on GameCube. And that of course was from the team that made goldeneye if memory serves me. Fighters, platformers and racing games have always been my favorite. Im old school though and dont have internet.

Staying away from internet gaming is a smart move to make. Very addictive for shooters and sport games. Can't stop playing NHL 17....

ha. sure it is only 6 hours a day.

That's what is great about RPGs though. In many you can go where you want when you want. Having an opportunity to explore a world and discover weapons, armor, treasure, etc.... is one not to pass on. Great experience. Before you know it x amount of hours have passed. Chrono Trigger is the game that got me hooked on RPGs.

Anyone here play Mass Effect Andromeda?  Is it simply bad or just not on par w/ the first 3?  Maybe people are being over critical due to the hype surround it?  Just curious if it's a game I should avoid completely or wait for a drop off in price.   

• 2 weeks later...

E3 has started.  EA is the first to present what they have to offer.  Here's a link to a live feed.  Nintendo doesn't present until Tuesday.  :(

Big hope for this E3, almost certain it won't happy, is for Nintendo to announce a new Metroid.  Prefer it to be a reboot.   

Edited by GoPre

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is looking like the Battlefront many gamers have been waiting for.  1st one this generation was a major disappointment.  Glad EA is now offering a single player campaign.  Not a big fan of online shooters.  Get my butt kicked every time....  

As for NHL online play, I do quite well in that.  So bring it if you're a PS4 gamer.

Here's a trailer released today for Battlefront 2. 

Edited by GoPre

Anyone here play Mass Effect Andromeda?  Is it simply bad or just not on par w/ the first 3?  Maybe people are being over critical due to the hype surround it?  Just curious if it's a game I should avoid completely or wait for a drop off in price.   

The Mass Effect series is my favorite series of all time and I loved ME:A.  It lacked some polish but it was such a great game.

Can't wait for ARMS this weekend on switch. People are comparing it to a modern day punch out with motion controls.

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim is coming to the Nintendo Switch. A little "Nintendo" has been added to it. This is great for Nintendo fans who have not played Skyrim yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7980ZPK8Dg

Absolutely between BOTW and this that's more than enough to cover my rpg itch.

Can't wait for ARMS this weekend on switch. People are comparing it to a modern day punch out with motion controls.

Absolutely between BOTW and this that's more than enough to cover my rpg itch.

Nintendo's E3 conference begins at 12 Eastern.  

But hey, if you really like being called an N word over and over, first person shooters are the place for you.  Given my penchant for pointing out people's similarities to Doug Whaley, I fit right in.

I turn off in game chat, that way I don't have to yell at little kids.

Mario Oddessey this october, BOTW DLC and Kirby and Yoshi games 2018. Can't wait

​I've had Mario Odyssey pre-ordered since March 1 on Amazon.  Gotta have that Mario fix.  I think I might get the Yoshi game as well.  Pass on Kirby.  Can't wait for more info on the Pokemon game for the Switch.

In my opinion, Nintendo won this years E3.  Sony and Microsoft had little to show for software.  Before Nintendo's conference today, I thought this E3 was a bust. However, Nintendo decided to drop the gloves.  Announced dlc for Zelda Breath of the Wild, had plenty to offer for Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblades 2, Splatoon 2 and a few other games. But what sealed the deal and became instant talk was the long awaited news of a new Metroid game.  There weren't any pictures or video of the actual game.  Just the playing of Metroid music and an announcement that Metroid Prime 4 is being developed.  No estimated time of release was given, but just knowing Metroid Prime 4 is being made turned this E3 into a success. Nintendo wasn't done though.  They later let everyone know another Metroid game is being made.  It's a remake of Metroid 2 Samus Returns, and it will be on the 3DS.  It looks like it will be released this fall.  Glad Nintendo is bringing Metroid back.  

Edited by GoPre

I don't think anyone won E3 this year.  Nintendo showed very little real gameplay this year and their two biggest announcements didn't even have a trailer.  Sony didn't show any new games (though I loved what I saw from Spider-Man).  Microsoft had the Xbox One X and while I can always appreciate new, more powerful hardware, they still didn't have anything worthwhile in exclusives.

In my opinion, Nintendo won this years E3. Sony and Microsoft had little to show for software. Before Nintendo's conference today, I thought this E3 was a bust. However, Nintendo decided to drop the gloves. Announced dlc for Zelda Breath of the Wild, had plenty to offer for Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblades 2, Splatoon 2 and a few other games. But what sealed the deal and became instant talk was the long awaited news of a new Metroid game. There weren't any pictures or video of the actual game. Just the playing of Metroid music and an announcement that Metroid Prime 4 is being developed. No estimated time of release was given, but just knowing Metroid Prime 4 is being made turned this E3 into a success. Nintendo wasn't done though. They later let everyone know another Metroid game is being made. It's a remake of Metroid 2 Samus Returns, and it will be on the 3DS. It looks like it will be released this fall. Glad Nintendo is bringing Metroid back.

Absolutely, nintendo is back in full force!

• 2 weeks later...

Nintendo is at it again.  An SNES Classic will be released in September.  If people thought it was difficult to find an NES Class, wait until they attempt to find the SNES.  The demand/supply won't match.  Here's the lineup. 

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy III
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Mega Man X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2
  • Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch-Out
  • Yoshi's Island

Too bad Chrono Trigger, NHL 94, NBA Jam and MK2 weren't included.