Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Although I think Myers has a higher upside than Bogosian, an argument can be made that Bogo fits our needs more than Myers. Likewise for the Jets, Myers probably works better for them there than Bogo did/would have. I can classify Myers for Bogosian as a hockey trade. Stafford was a soon-to-be-UFA castoff on our part. He's playing well for the Jets, I'm happy for him. But he was a UFA to be, so better to get something rather than nothing for him, even if it's a likely career minor leaguer in Kasdorf. So for me it's two mid range prospects and a late first round pick for Kane. Sign me up for that any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Edited by Thorny

@!%@#^$ Ducks!!!!!!!!

Our goalie deserved a win.

Ladd took a penalty that ultimately cost us the game. The captain has to be better than this.

I liked Staf's game but not Myers' at all.

Where's the goal scorers??? Pardy scores his first goal since 1903 and that's it? The only reason he was in was to help the PK!

We need the whiteout to help turn the tide or butter us, we're toast.

Leading into the 3rd in both games and nada.......

On a sidenote, I hate that the Deadmonton Cryers got the pick. They don't deserve it. How many very recent first overalls do they have and they still qualify for the #!? Gimme a break. Great that the 2nd overall would be a #1 on mosy any other year.

GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need the whiteout to help turn the tide or butter us, we're toast.

Leading into the 3rd in both games and nada.......

On a sidenote, I hate that the Deadmonton Cryers got the pick. They don't deserve it. How many very recent first overalls do they have and they still qualify for the #!? Gimme a break. Great that the 2nd overall would be a #1 on mosy any other year.

GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hate that you guys lost yesterday. Looking forward to the white out. I forgot about Pardy. I'm kind of laughing at how many teams have former Sabres that are in the playoffs right now.

Hate that you guys lost yesterday. Looking forward to the white out. I forgot about Pardy. I'm kind of laughing at how many teams have former Sabres that are in the playoffs right now.

That move he made was filthy. They said it was his first goal in 4 years. I wonder if his last one came with us?

Hated to see the Jets lose that heartbreaker last night.

It was a microcosm of my frustration with Myers over the years as he got abused on that goal last night. He has got to be stronger than that.

I think the home crowd will urge the Jets to tie this series before it goes back to SoCal.

The Ducks and Jets are similar teams....fast and big. Both goaltenders are playing playoff hockey. They are close to equal so far. Their top level players are playing top level. Ours are not. Little checked like a girl on that play. Ladd must be playing hurt because his game has gone dwonhill. There was't much space out there last night but they are more opportunistic and seem to want it more....I wasn't happy with Myers' handling the puck in yesterday's game and he seemed hesitant with it. Little finishes his check, there is no goal and the game goes to OT. Little was on the ice to prevent a goal. oops Screw the missed penalties on the extra man and holding the stick, calls are missed, you have to show the killer instinct and put the game away instead of letting the team back in the game in the third period. The Ducks played better when they needed to. Also, the special teams are sucking hind titty, big time, and theirs is playing very well. Hopefully the home ice advantage means two wins. 

GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ducks and Jets are similar teams....fast and big. Both goaltenders are playing playoff hockey. They are close to equal so far. Their top level players are playing top level. Ours are not. Little checked like a girl on that play. Ladd must be playing hurt because his game has gone dwonhill. There was't much space out there last night but they are more opportunistic and seem to want it more....I wasn't happy with Myers' handling the puck in yesterday's game and he seemed hesitant with it. Little finishes his check, there is no goal and the game goes to OT. Little was on the ice to prevent a goal. oops Screw the missed penalties on the extra man and holding the stick, calls are missed, you have to show the killer instinct and put the game away instead of letting the team back in the game in the third period. The Ducks played better when they needed to. Also, the special teams are sucking hind titty, big time, and theirs is playing very well. Hopefully the home ice advantage means two wins. 

GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what a "hind titty" is, and probably don't want to.  I do know a 1-vs-8 (face it) when I see it, though.

Wicked game and scene in the peg tonight. but I want to bitch about a lazy clearing attempt by the Staph that almost led to a game tying goal. C'mon Drew!!!! You can do bett, well you. Go Jets! 

Old school hockey look tonight.

Seeing lots of disdain for Byfuglien on the HF forum. I thought he was the reason they wouldn't miss Bogo.

GO SABRES!!!

Not being around Buf is what gives tremendous hope for Kane.

Not being around Buf is what gives tremendous hope for Kane.

There's probably a reason Chicago got rid of him...

Both good points here. 

Bogo is far better defensively than Myers. Myers is better offensively, but not by as wide a margin as Bogo is better defensively. Great hockey trade as has been mentioned. Good for both teams. BUT, and it's a big but as it pertains to playoff hockey, DEFENSIVE posture is everything and with Buff struggling, I gotta think the Jets could use Bogo right now. 

Kane was traded for Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, and a later first round pick. If he comes back healthy and gels with the kind of center we think Eichel will be, I just don't see how anyone can say Murray overpaid. 

GO SABRES!!!

Correct.

Winnipeg has the very unsavoury reputation as being Canada's most racist city, although it seems to against the large aboriginal population mainly.

Still sickening, though.

What's funny/ironic is they got their team from Atlanta who was going out of its way to add black players in an effort to appeal to the demographics of their city and draw in a more diverse fan base.

Edited by Drunkard